• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turntaker

HSC
just coz engineering is 91 doesn't mean you stop aiming for the highest achievable.
Well personally I don't aim for a number. I say 90+ since it would be enough to get me into the course I want.

The number is irrelevant as long as you get into the course you want.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
English Adv: 6/33
Math 2u: 4/30
Business Studies: 1/36
Biology: 1/35
Multimedia: 1/6

Looks like I probably won't get first for english and math... will I be able to get an ATAR of 91? I can probably get a few bonus points so 89 would be okayish too.

My school rank is also terrible, like over 500.

But I don't notice a difference in the difficulty of assignments from my last school which was in the 200s. In fact, I think there are people much stronger in English Adv and maths than at my last school which was in 200s.

Everyone says they can't estimate a low ranked school, but surely there have been people getting a high mark with a low ranked school. How did they get a high ATAR at a low ranked school? Would I have to get a really high mark in the externals... like 90 raw? Or high 80s raw?
500s/600s ranked schools can fluctuate dramatically depending on cohorts.. If you have a strong cohort then I'd say lift english (if possible) and you may be able to get 90ish
Any of your teachers HSC markers?

dirty_ink

HSC
I remember during one of my HSC exams a girl sitting in the front row took off her jumper and threw it on to the stage, and then when a teacher picked it up and brought it back to her after she asked him to, she took it off and threw it back on to the stage a minute later.

Didn't see it happen myself but she and another friend were all too happy to recount what happened.

She did pretty well for the exam as well iirc, so I advise that you 2015ers do the above :lol:

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably. I know one is for sure, but that's multimedia. Why? Should I got ask them or something?

Say we forget the school's rank and focus on cohort. When you say that if my cohort is strong... is that a good thing for my mark or bad? I'll say that in my classes, we have some really smart people who probably will do well in their HSC for that subject. Will that be a good thing for me? As long as I try to minimise the gap between them and me?

Sorry haha, thanks for your help though
Strong cohort performance in externals is very good for you.

HSC markers will probably mark at the standard that you will be marked in during your HSC exams.Problem with lot of the lower ranked schools they are marked easier during internals,so when it comes to the cohort external performance in exams they have lower averages on HSC exams due to performance.This means internals are really low, and hence HSC ATAR will be lower then anticipated.

HSC
idk man i'd probably strangle a few students as they continuously click their pens...
I can't deal with teaching high school kids, or school kids in general

I remember during one of my HSC exams a girl sitting in the front row took off her jumper and threw it on to the stage, and then when a teacher picked it up and brought it back to her after she asked him to, she took it off and threw it back on to the stage a minute later.

Didn't see it happen myself but she and another friend were all too happy to recount what happened.

She did pretty well for the exam as well iirc, so I advise that you 2015ers do the above :lol:
Was she a drama queen? What intention did she have?

Drsoccerball

HSC

Its funny when the teachers run to get you an extra booklet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)