2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANTASHTIC

HSC
Hey everyone, my HSC advice blog is back up and running. I just finished my HSC year and got 99.7, I took english advanced, english extension 1, english extension 2, modern history, ancient history, extension history and legal studies.

If you want to ask me something click this http://the-cambridge-kid.tumblr.com/

I've already answered quite a few questions so if you go to the 'Answered Questions' page you might see information you are looking for anyway.

Good luck x
Hey, you do a lot of the same subjects as me, can I pm you for advice?

_clara24

HSC
Hey guys !

i've been stressing about this for years and now it's real. I'm heavily contemplating between dropping legal studies or dropping ipt. i came second in year 11 for both with similar marks for both. the problem here is that EVERYONE says just drop ipt because it has horrible scaling but what if i try hard to get 90+%?. For my first legal assessment i did HORRIBLE (70%) like worst mark ever and my IPT teacher just told me for my theory part of the first IPT assessment i got 98%

What should i do? it's stressing me out so much because no matter what, scaling is at the back of my head and i don't want to get scaled down

something that would really really help me is if anyone knows someone that got a 90+ atar with ipt as one of their subjects. thanks

astroman

HSC
Hey guys !

i've been stressing about this for years and now it's real. I'm heavily contemplating between dropping legal studies or dropping ipt. i came second in year 11 for both with similar marks for both. the problem here is that EVERYONE says just drop ipt because it has horrible scaling but what if i try hard to get 90+%?. For my first legal assessment i did HORRIBLE (70%) like worst mark ever and my IPT teacher just told me for my theory part of the first IPT assessment i got 98%

What should i do? it's stressing me out so much because no matter what, scaling is at the back of my head and i don't want to get scaled down

something that would really really help me is if anyone knows someone that got a 90+ atar with ipt as one of their subjects. thanks
keep it, its easy

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Hey guys !

I didn't do legal studies so i can't really provide you with many recommendations. However refer to my sig, if it helps you out i got >90 with IPT and 4 other subjects that don't scale very well

I suggest that you just do the subject that you legitimately enjoy the most. If you don't like one of them you will likely not work as hard and subsequently be worse off in the end

Lithone

HSC
Hey guys !

If you do well, it shouldn't be a real problem. Also since they're both not especially high-scaling subjects, keep the one that you think you like more. IPT is pretty easy, mainly memorising while I think for legal you have to do a lot of research?

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Hey guys !

I know a couple of people who got over 95 who did ipt; if you're doing that well then keep it! It'll benefit you, unless you don't like it. Never drop something bc of scaling, that changes all the time and if you're doing that well, it doesn't really matter.

As for legal, it's great but really content heavy (as you would've probably figured) so only keep it if you know that you can cope with it.

My advice would be to try keep both until half yearlies and based on that you can decide what to drop. don't rush into that bc you think you have to decide now. I was planning to drop one of my subjects at the start of year 12, but my teacher asked me to consider waiting a bit before I decided... It ended up being my best subject.

Think about it, but do what you feel is best :) good luck!!

matchalolz

HSC
same haha, i didn't balance my study, i spend 70% doing physics.
Talk about unbalanced >< I ditched maths for a whole month.
But hey, I've finished all my notes for last term, did my assigned essays so I"m not too pissed

did you do a lot of practice questions?

astroman

HSC
Talk about unbalanced >< I ditched maths for a whole month.
But hey, I've finished all my notes for last term, did my assigned essays so I"m not too pissed

did you do a lot of practice questions?
not a lot, a few, i did lots of research and note making.

astroman

HSC
GOOD. I was planning to go through heaps of hsc papers but spent most of my time learning/consolidating instead
i don't get why you should do past papers when you haven't even learnt the stuff yet, i'm gonna start past HSC papers around late term1, before that i just do half yearly papers.

turntaker

HSC
i don't get why you should do past papers when you haven't even learnt the stuff yet, i'm gonna start past HSC papers around late term1, before that i just do half yearly papers.
Its called doing hsc questions.by topic.

Questions > notes
Its better to spend time to understand the content then waste time on notes.

Especially for physics. I have made some notes though.

matchalolz

HSC
oh no, I meant doing questions by topic, I'm not that retarded :)

angela_12

HSC
School in a few days ... thank god my half yearlies are in week 9 and 10 :) anyways, good luck & have fun this year! All the best 2015ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)