2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I never really considered memorising the key dates tbh; like yeh obvs remember them but I focus on the key issues of the content and figure out what was the impact and such
True, I am focusing on them but that was one of the main commments I got in my previous exams, dates.

studded

HSC
Society and Culture peers, I know it was one of the first things we covered in the HSC course, but what are the 'evolutionary' and 'transformative' changes again? I assume the first is related to the evolutionary social theory, but what about the second?

HSC
I got my UAC pin too!
Your student number is the one you used to write on your prelim, half yearly, trials and hsc papers. You should have it for these and students online
Your UAC pin is the 4 digit number and the UAC code is not created until you activate UAC after 5/08/15

turntaker

HSC
I got my UAC pin too!
Your student number is the one you used to write on your prelim, half yearly, trials and hsc papers. You should have it for these and students online
Your UAC pin is the 4 digit number and the UAC code is not created until you activate UAC after 5/08/15
i never wrote anything down... other than my name

avika98

HSC
Society and Culture peers, I know it was one of the first things we covered in the HSC course, but what are the 'evolutionary' and 'transformative' changes again? I assume the first is related to the evolutionary social theory, but what about the second?
‘Evolutionary’ Change
Features:
o Change can be slow, gradual and linear.
o This feature of change is often associated with ‘progress’, modernisation/westernisation but can be also likened to ‘growth’ or ‘maturity’ in the micro world.
• Examples:
o ACCULTURATION:
 The cultural diffusion of foods, music, religion, etc., between neighbouring nations or between majority and minority groups.
o COLONISATION:
 Social Darwinism, which is the theory of natural selection in regards to social political and economic issues. In its simplest form, Social Darwinism follows the understanding of “The strong will survive”.
o SECULARISATION:
 The activity of changing something (e.g. society) so it is no longer under the control or influence of religious values and ideals.

Transformative Change
• Features-
o Change can be quick and fast.
o Transformative change is often associated with conflict, war or social revolutions. There is often widespread social change associated with transformative change- not always positive.
• Examples:
o Revolutions, collapse of Berlin Wall/Soviet Union
o ISIS declaring caliphate.
o The Taliban’s takeover would have been a transformative change, the French Revolutions, the World Wars are all examples of quick paced change with features of conflict.
o All features of society in Australia and Europe were impacted by the Second World War, with strains on persons, families, education, relationships, economies, businesses and governments’ illustrative widespread social change at the micro meso and macro levels.
 Societies were changed following this time also- with longer term impacts on prospective, government and economy, women and civil rights along with the development of the United Nations.

Hope this helps mate.
Good Luck!

Drsoccerball

HSC
Just realised im screwed for english... thankgod i have a good memory :D memorised 800 words of my short story today can probably make the rest up on the fly

astroman

HSC
what happens if someone dislocated their hand performing the physics hand rules in the exams?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
what happens if someone dislocated their hand performing the physics hand rules in the exams?
Put one of your hands (Or leg up) and tell the supervisor. Then you'd apply for misadventure :p

rawrliongirl

HSC
GL to ppls sitting the modern history trials today ^.^
I tried to blitzkrieg through my studying but I've reached a stalemate..
Oh well. There's always the HSC exam...

mrpali

HSC
I need advice..... PLZZ. okay so i was thinking of starting gym after trials. I just need people's opinion on if its a good idea or not. i've always wanted to go since the beginning.. I reckon i can balance it with my life as i only aim to study 3 hours a day, and i get to leave school early at around 1:30, so if i have 3 hours to study a day it will leave me enough time to go to the gym... what are your opinions? should i start or not? THANKSS :)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I need advice..... PLZZ. okay so i was thinking of starting gym after trials. I just need people's opinion on if its a good idea or not. i've always wanted to go since the beginning.. I reckon i can balance it with my life as i only aim to study 3 hours a day, and i get to leave school early at around 1:30, so if i have 3 hours to study a day it will leave me enough time to go to the gym... what are your opinions? should i start or not? THANKSS :)
I'm not sure if 3 hours of study a day is enough, you might need to study more. Personally I don't think you should start gym just yet because there's 2 more months left until the HSC, and you don't want to stuff up in one of your exams because you haven't studied "enough". Do you also have the time to monitor your diet? What you eat? I'm just leaning to the safe side of this topic so nothing bad happens later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)