2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
By the way, how long are your practice essays usually? I'm averaging ~1300 words and that seems like an insane amount to write in 40 minutes, but I have no idea how to cut it down
Same my first draft generally shoots over the 1200 mark. Generally i just give it to my teacher and tell her i need help cutting it to 900. Most of the time i find that its going from the evidence to the analysis that takes too long so maybe look at cutting that bit shorter. Also going from the topic sentence to the evidence can also take some time.
But thats just what i find in my essays. Once i cut the rubbish out, i have like 200 words for my analysis.

leehuan

HSC
Same my first draft generally shoots over the 1200 mark. Generally i just give it to my teacher and tell her i need help cutting it to 900. Most of the time i find that its going from the evidence to the analysis that takes too long so maybe look at cutting that bit shorter. Also going from the topic sentence to the evidence can also take some time.
But thats just what i find in my essays. Once i cut the rubbish out, i have like 200 words for my analysis.
Let's be honest though.

(And @ Shuuya: ) The truly brilliant English students (96+) are usually able to get at least 1300 words in their essays on exam day.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Aye, nah that's just motivation to keep myself fit. Yup. I am truly innocent. .•-•
Also. I just realised what your username is. What's the significance behind it? Or is there none?
WOOOOOW you've been my friend for so long AND YOU JUST REALISED?

There use to be a significance to it, now it's whatever LOL, something I'm just known by on BOS and decided to keep it since people know "WLL" and not my usual IGN

leehuan

HSC
WOOOOOW you've been my friend for so long AND YOU JUST REALISED?

There use to be a significance to it, now it's whatever LOL, something I'm just known by on BOS and decided to keep it since people know "WLL" and not my usual IGN
Your friends list is so small. I'm glad I'm on it

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Just wondering how long do teachers at your school take to mark tests and stuff?
Depends on each faculty
English- takes like 3wks -1month
Maths - 1-2 wks
Science - 2-3wks
Jap- 1 month-till reports are due loll teacher's procrastination is so real

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

ml125

HSC
Just wondering how long do teachers at your school take to mark tests and stuff?
Depends on the teacher lol. What I've found with the science teachers is that they usually mark tests within 2-3 days and assignments over 2-3 weeks. Maths is like a week. The english teachers are super slack and tests come back way more than a month later // tfw I haven't even gotten my discovery essay (informal) back.. it's been a term. :(

ml125

HSC
Do you any of you 2016ers have subject regrets?
Physics kinda bc our prelim teacher left and now we have this new teacher. Actually the worst. But nah it's kinda chill now bc we've been having meetups and making him explain everything lmao such a legend.

Ext 2 English is kinda ~ ehhh ~ bc so much effort and idk if I'm even gonna do that well. Oh well, I have 11 units.

Edit: I'm in ext 2 right now and I'm so lost I have no idea what I'm doing halp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)