• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstripedshades

HSC
You should show me your school's assessments

Apart from learning support, it's always students all crammed into the big hall at the end of the day

But having only two teachers to deal with it all? You need to contact your school in regards to their examination supervision.
i'll pm you questions when it comes back. Honestly my schools maths departments actually pretty good, does great in hsc etc. Its just that my school doesnt give a f about education tbh

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Lol, you wont find me. You cant even find central [emoji23]
Oai. I still don't know what part of Central we were looking for.
THERE WAS A SPECIFIC SIDE. THE BUBBLE TEA SIDE? WHAT EVEN.

And its even worse because my old house was only 5 minutes walk from there apparently LOL.

Also, sidenote. Got my results back. Not too bad.
LOLJKS 65% in 2U...I don't know what happened, I just struggled with the teacher's English...but 96% in 3U. Fucking rip.
Good old 14/15 for English so 93%.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

And its even worse because my old house was only 5 minutes walk from there apparently LOL.

LOLJKS 65% in 2U...I don't know what happened, I just struggled with the teacher's English...but 96% in 3U. Fucking rip.
my english and chem (weakest subs) marks are better than my maths. What is going on ._.

leehuan

HSC

my english and chem (weakest subs) marks are better than my maths. What is going on ._.
You two got overconfident with what you thought you were good at and neglected them to rid of the original weaknesses.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You two got overconfident with what you thought you were good at and neglected them to rid of the original weaknesses.
Actually.

I just didn't understand the 2U paper, I studied like I normally did (which would be just doing past papers about 1-2 weeks beforehand since it was a smaller assessment) and whilst I easily understood the questions on those papers, the paper I had on the day was so difficult to interpret, especially the probability, and I think I was one of only a few who wasn't able to do well due to being confused.

I know this is why my 2U and 3U marks are so different because 3U was definitely much harder, but since the wording wasn't confusing, I was able to sit and think calmly on how to approach the question. Whereas in 2U, I had like a 30 minute panic session because I really didn't know what the teacher wanted from me. It was just bad on my part that I couldn't calm down and slowly approach the question as I was having a monologue going "OH GOD, DOES SHE WANT TWO CONSECUTIVE RACES OR ONE RACE AT A TIME? OH GOD. WHY CAN'T I DO THIS MAX-MIN QUESTION?"

But generally, Maths (both 2U and 3U) is my weakest subject, along with Physics. So I always overexerted on studying for those two. I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to perform the very best I could in 2U, but my 3U obviously shows that it was just me being an idiot because 3U was the same topics + a few more and harder.

Last edited:

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Wot confidence lol it's either I-can-pass or shiet-brickie-lyfe-is-coming

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

leehuan

HSC
Actually.

I just didn't understand the 2U paper, I studied like I normally did (which would be just doing past papers about 1-2 weeks beforehand since it was a smaller assessment) and whilst I easily understood the questions on those papers, the paper I had on the day was so difficult to interpret, especially the probability, and I think I was one of only a few who wasn't able to do well due to being confused.

I know this is why my 2U and 3U marks are so different because 3U was definitely much harder, but since the wording wasn't confusing, I was able to sit and think calmly on how to approach the question. Whereas in 2U, I had like a 30 minute panic session because I really didn't know what the teacher wanted from me. It was just bad on my part that I couldn't calm down and slowly approach the question as I was having a monologue going "OH GOD, DOES SHE WANT TWO CONSECUTIVE RACES OR ONE RACE AT A TIME? OH GOD. WHY CAN'T I DO THIS MAX-MIN QUESTION?"

But generally, Maths (both 2U and 3U) is my weakest subject, along with Physics. So I always overexerted on studying for those two. I'm a bit disappointed that I wasn't able to perform the very best I could in 2U, but my 3U obviously shows that it was just me being an idiot because 3U was the same topics + a few more and harder.
Side note: Just because it's a harder course doesn't always imply the questions are harder. Some 4U students complained about the 3U exam being ridiculously cruel a few years back whilst finding their 4U exam fine.

Exam techniques related to stress are everywhere. Bring a highlighter into the exam if you suspect anything will happen. Though unless an ambiguous question was stupidly inserted, there's always an intended solution.
Wot confidence lol it's either I-can-pass or shiet-brickie-lyfe-is-coming

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Zero sin π will notice you

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Side note: Just because it's a harder course doesn't always imply the questions are harder. Some 4U students complained about the 3U exam being ridiculously cruel a few years back whilst finding their 4U exam fine.

Exam techniques related to stress are everywhere. Bring a highlighter into the exam if you suspect anything will happen. Though unless an ambiguous question was stupidly inserted, there's always an intended solution.
For this exam, I could've easily done it if it wasn't for the fact that I had shitty exam techniques, I know this because when I saw the solutions, sigh, the questions weren't as complicated as I saw them during the exam.

leehuan

HSC
For this exam, I could've easily done it if it wasn't for the fact that I had shitty exam techniques, I know this because when I saw the solutions, sigh, the questions weren't as complicated as I saw them during the exam.
Well, only you can explain (and only to yourself really) what happened in the exam room

mrstripedshades

HSC
btw I noticed during my maths ext 1. exam that in previous tests some types of questions were worth more, could this be cus of reference sheet (completely useless btw) ? or just my teacher changed writing style or smth. For e.g. parametrics graph was 1 marks but I saw in our past papers very similar graph was 2 marks.

leehuan

HSC
btw I noticed during my maths ext 1. exam that in previous tests some types of questions were worth more, could this be cus of reference sheet (completely useless btw) ? or just my teacher changed writing style or smth. For e.g. parametrics graph was 1 marks but I saw in our past papers very similar graph was 2 marks.
I wouldn't be surprised if some marks were taken out for that reason.

The reference sheet is something that's ultimately there to help the band 3-5ers. Band 6ers always know the formulae anyway.

Kolmias

HSC
This time last year in Maths I got a C so it is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)