2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
when you make a song mashup/remix, then realise it sounds crap, but you're still listening to it but don't know why.. :speechless:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
mayne these chess problems are hard lol

edit: jks got it lele

leehuan

HSC
mayne these chess problems are hard lol

edit: jks got it lele
It takes a breakdown of position to really know which tactics you want to use in a puzzle.

Sometimes it may help to consider the long term strategy that was used to achieve such a position, and consequently what the goal is. But I usually analyse that in 2 seconds - if I don't know I just move on and find a best move

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
It takes a breakdown of position to really know which tactics you want to use in a puzzle.

Sometimes it may help to consider the long term strategy that was used to achieve such a position, and consequently what the goal is. But I usually analyse that in 2 seconds - if I don't know I just move on and find a best move
i really struggle seeing ahead and visualising lol
like more than 2 moves maybe 3 my brain just collapses

leehuan

HSC
After watching chess videos, sometimes I don't picture the pieces anymore I picture arrows on my board.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
After watching chess videos, sometimes I don't picture the pieces anymore I picture arrows on my board.
I joined chess club once.
Granted I only got in because the only other person who wanted to join in my year had legit no knowledge of the game, and I had a whole years worth of primary school experience with me. (More or less I was bad at it)
(The teacher I use to play chess with died a few years ago :( )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leehuan

HSC
I joined chess club once.
Granted I only got in because the only other person who wanted to join in my year had legit no knowledge of the game, and I had a whole years worth of primary school experience with me. (More or less I was bad at it)
(The teacher I use to play chess with died a few years ago :( )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually joined a chess club once but cause I wasn't motivated to keep my attendance going I left after only like 5 weeks

(last bit - aww :( )

leehuan

HSC
tbh I don't even wanna call this holiday a holiday I have wayyy too much work to do :/
What...

I spent the holidays after half yearly exams just chilling. Cause I knew that the next holidays I would be studying my ass off for the trials

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
lelel i know this was a joke but there is a good point to be made here

the goal isn't to work out what the author actually meant - his intentions and their manifestations are interesting, but what's even more interesting is what they didn't intend but are still there and why they are there. like things that are there and imply things that the author did not consciously include but are in there anyways as a result of their own personal context, or the context of their times

for example, say you make a tafe joke. like all you really intended was to make fun of tafe because it would be funny yeah?
but someone could also infer that you are satirizing the government and the bureaucracy. while you may not have intended to do that, it does reflect certain underlying opinions you have - tafe is not considered very prestigious or worthwhile. thats kind of the point of english, how our lives and worlds mold us, and how that is reflected in what we do and create, both consciously and unconsciously

yeh im board lelel

leehuan

HSC
It's cause in English they want to hear about your OWN interpretation of the text.

So if you bullshit it, they're not really gonna know. If you can make it sound convincing they'll buy it.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
lelel i know this was a joke but there is a good point to be made here

the goal isn't to work out what the author actually meant - his intentions and their manifestations are interesting, but what's even more interesting is what they didn't intend but are still there and why they are there. like things that are there and imply things that the author did not consciously include but are in there anyways as a result of their own personal context, or the context of their times

for example, say you make a tafe joke. like all you really intended was to make fun of tafe because it would be funny yeah?
but someone could also infer that you are satirizing the government and the bureaucracy. while you may not have intended to do that, it does reflect certain underlying opinions you have - tafe is not considered very prestigious or worthwhile. thats kind of the point of english, how our lives and worlds mold us, and how that is reflected in what we do and create, both consciously and unconsciously

yeh im board lelel
The subjectivity of existence is no laughing matter... well... maybe. It depends on what you believe

okay, I'm at the meta level deep enough to acquire Lapus Lazuli (soznotsoz)

We have to go deeper.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
This is probs the only thing i like about english. Its acts as a medium for me to express growing concerns about society and individuals through the texts we study, and have that opinion actually matter as it contributes to your hsc through the final mark you receive for it. Apart from that, its mostly a bs subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)