2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
I haven't got my jersey yet. But I am excited about it
Our school is planning on our jeresy right now, last friday our school was asking volunteers for the jersey committe to speak on behalf of the student, hehehe but so far they havent asked any students yet. Maybe they are deciding it themselves thinking from the perspective of the student. I hope they turn out good.Really excited too.

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone got any tips on how to improve handwriting? No word of a lie I got told by every teacher for every subject in my yearly exams that my handwriting was horrendous lmao
Even my legal teacher told me it took her a couple of hours to get through my extended response because she had to take breaks every few lines :frown2:

highshill

HSC
Anyone got any tips on how to improve handwriting? No word of a lie I got told by every teacher for every subject in my yearly exams that my handwriting was horrendous lmao
Even my legal teacher told me it took her a couple of hours to get through my extended response because she had to take breaks every few lines :frown2:
I used to have the same problem as you :(, what I did to improve when I wrote anything for instance e.g Newton's third law says that to every action there is an equal and opposite force... I would keep on writing it again and again until I was satisfied with the handwriting, and soon the flow same in naturally. :awesome:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
This was my biggest problem in my senior years. I was exactly in your position.
I think the best advice I can give you is to write less words on one line, I think often illegible handwriting may come from a desire to not waste space and squash everything together, if you space your letters/words out more, and in drastic circumstances, leave a line between every line you write, sure you might end up writing on a lot more pages, but it is guaranteed to make your writing much easier to read, particularly when you are writing under exam pressures.

captainneuro

HSC
What would be the best way to study Biology?
Really depends on the person. Know the concepts, examples, practicals well. Since it's a note based sub, a lot is memorising. You obviously do this by summarising notes (each syllabus dot point) in your own words by how you understand it. For each dot point write down things you know about that topic. Summarise this further, drawing the main points. This tends to help with memory easily. Add in diagrams or whatever you need to for parts that you may find difficult or not quite comprehend from the content. You can use acronyms for remembering things like different stages in meiosis. Once you know the content well, you need to apply the content effectively (this is where many people lose marks). Past papers + grabbing bio textbooks with questions having worked answers will help as you're forced to learn to apply the content, and see where you needed to improve to pick up those extra few marks. Not only that but you get used to the type of questions they're gonna ask you and you'll know what to expect so you can ace it. Discussing as a group will help to ensure you actually understand the material, with a lot of content, active learning helps. Also for bio specifically, keep in mind that knowing glossary key words is legit key, knowing 'assess', 'evaluate', etc. Not that hard of a subject, good luck to you and the rest of the 2018ers. :)

Last edited:

PikyoK

HSC
Really depends on the person. Know the concepts, examples, practicals well. Since it's a note based sub, a lot is memorising. You obviously do this by summarising notes (each syllabus dot point) in your own words by how you understand it. For each dot point write down things you know about that topic. Summarise this further, drawing the main points. This tends to help with memory easily. Add in diagrams or whatever you need to for parts that you may find difficult or not quite comprehend from the content. You can use acronyms for remembering things like different stages in meiosis. Once you know the content well, you need to apply the content effectively (this is where many people lose marks). Past papers + grabbing bio textbooks with questions having worked answers will help as you're forced to learn to apply the content, and see where you needed to improve to pick up those extra few marks. Not only that but you get used to the type of questions they're gonna ask you and you'll know what to expect so you can ace it. Discussing as a group will help to ensure you actually understand the material, with a lot of content, active learning helps. Also for bio specifically, keep in mind that knowing glossary key words is legit key, knowing 'assess', 'evaluate', etc. Not that hard of a subject, good luck to you and the rest of the 2018ers. :)
Thank you so much! :)

planetblue

HSC
Grr.... teachers who play favourites to the extreme make me want to pull out my hair. Yes, I'm the quiet kid. No, I'm not emotionless and I can perfectly hear what you're saying to other students. It's only an issue with just one of my classes, but I absolutely dread going to that circus of a classroom.

Lost one mark for a prelim essay. Bad luck, try again next time. Another student got the same score. "Oh you were so close darling hey why don't you send in your draft next time and we can talk it out because you're so smart and capable and oh this is so tragic!"

I AM THE QUIET KID. I. NOTICE. EVERYTHING. I'm just collecting knowledge to use against you all on my day of redemption. Prepare yourselves.
....I should probably try to make peace with that teacher, heh. I think they hate me. Can't have that for the HSC, huh?

p.s. biology is a big no-no why did I take this class my prac test is on Thursday and we've had sub teachers for the last week we're all freaking out

A Leaf

HSC
"I'm just collecting knowledge to use against you all on my day of redemption" AHAHAHAHAH But wow that sounds shitty
use that as ammo and beat everyone in that class ;)

highshill

HSC
Grr.... teachers who play favourites to the extreme make me want to pull out my hair. Yes, I'm the quiet kid. No, I'm not emotionless and I can perfectly hear what you're saying to other students. It's only an issue with just one of my classes, but I absolutely dread going to that circus of a classroom.

Lost one mark for a prelim essay. Bad luck, try again next time. Another student got the same score. "Oh you were so close darling hey why don't you send in your draft next time and we can talk it out because you're so smart and capable and oh this is so tragic!"

I AM THE QUIET KID. I. NOTICE. EVERYTHING. I'm just collecting knowledge to use against you all on my day of redemption. Prepare yourselves.
....I should probably try to make peace with that teacher, heh. I think they hate me. Can't have that for the HSC, huh?

p.s. biology is a big no-no why did I take this class my prac test is on Thursday and we've had sub teachers for the last week we're all freaking out
I absolutely agree teachers should love and respect each student equally, each student is capable in their own way, don't be sad it was just the prelim it's just a trial, you can still do it, but remember don't study to prove to your teachers if they are judging you study to prove yourself to yourself. Just ignore your teachers if they judge you then they are not the good teachers. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)