2018ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

brbstudying

HSC
Wait now I feel like I should be doing more ahhh. Even if I do 3hrs of study a night i still have 2 and a bit hours to just chill. Am I doing something wrong or are people just more pressed for time / want to study all day after school?
Nah, you should be fine. Everyone's different.

I'm not naturally smart or all that great at anything unless I try really really hard. You or anyone else on this site can probably get a 70-80% without studying/trying while I'll barely pass. Hence why I need to study and try harder than the average person.

Lumenoria

HSC
Wait now I feel like I should be doing more ahhh. Even if I do 3hrs of study a night i still have 2 and a bit hours to just chill. Am I doing something wrong or are people just more pressed for time / want to study all day after school?
Dude I know!! Same here, look at the comment above, that is completely unrelatable - instead, I've happily taken 2 hour showers and spent 1+ hour plus unnecessarily on the toilet LOL. I'm fucking always on my phone for ages as well HAHAHHAA. I should definitely be doing more but my half yearlies aren't until weeks 10/11, so I'm not feeling that imminent pressure to study furiously... yet. I do feel incredibly guilty when I'm doing anything but studying though, so I try to chip away at my major work as "procrastination"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostguard

HSC
Is anyone applying to accounting cadetships cos no-ones responded to the cadetships thread. It's usually super active every year rip
Hey should you be applying for the Cadetships even if you're not really interested in the banking sector?
I do enjoy Economics but I'm more of Psych/Law kinda guy lol

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey should you be applying for the Cadetships even if you're not really interested in the banking sector?
I do enjoy Economics but I'm more of Psych/Law kinda guy lol
Nah cadetships are for like commerce/business people

Lilabear

HSC
A question for any of you guys who do modern,

Should i write my national study notes chronologically? i'm doing Germany btw

e.g. Munich Putsch is a whole seperate point on the syllabus, but chronologically it should be under the first heading

I'm just worried that it'll be confusing if i write it out of chronological order

Frostguard

HSC

e.g. Munich Putsch is a whole seperate point on the syllabus, but chronologically it should be under the first heading

I'm just worried that it'll be confusing if i write it out of chronological order
I'm doing Section 4- International Conflict but honestly I'd just write my notes according to the dot points, I personally would get more confused making it chronologically ordered and jumping dot points everywhere than make it dot point based and dates all over the place, its the content that counts and its not world-ending if we get a date wrong, i mean as long as you have a timeline or understand the chain of events tbh

JoshCam159

HSC
Oi, do you guys think its a good idea to drop from advanced maths to general maths part way through the HSC? I got like 50-60s in the half-yealys and am struggeling to keep up, i've also got 13 units.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Oi, do you guys think its a good idea to drop from advanced maths to general maths part way through the HSC? I got like 50-60s in the half-yealys and am struggeling to keep up, i've also got 13 units.
Are you planning to go to Uni? If so, which one, and what do you want to study?

mozzafiato11

HSC

Hey! I'm doing Germany too :)

Yeah follow the syllabus, but most questions ask for something between a particular time period so make sure you know when everything is in order to answer

studygirl118

HSC
Random (and perhaps slightly disgusting) thought, but I honestly have no time to shower anymore. Like, of course I will shower, but it's like I'd be better off without it in terms of self-imposed time constraints. :spin:
Hahahahahah I’m glad I’m not the only one who actually thinks this [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brbstudying

HSC
Has anyone ever used the method of writing out notes then retyping them? Is it effective, especially if you sort of just wrote notes then left them there without revising, and only just started coming back to them?

Hope you're all managing stress/study/notes/life in general well. I'm stressed, but knowing that the some subjects only weigh 15% (which means 7.5%), alleviates it just a little, and thinking about the end goal (HSC externals) instead of restricting my thoughts to solely the midterms helps a lot too.

jjuunnee

HSC
Has anyone ever used the method of writing out notes then retyping them? Is it effective, especially if you sort of just wrote notes then left them there without revising, and only just started coming back to them?

Hope you're all managing stress/study/notes/life in general well. I'm stressed, but knowing that the some subjects only weigh 15% (which means 7.5%), alleviates it just a little, and thinking about the end goal (HSC externals) instead of restricting my thoughts to solely the midterms helps a lot too.
I'm not sure whether this is the same thing, but I handwrite notes in class but then type up proper ones at home just because it's easier and cleaner to read, plus it's much faster than handwriting. I guess handwriting your notes is good because it gives you practice for exams, but it really depends on whether you like to write or type.

Lilabear

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm so confused with my essay topic sentence for each body. One of my teacher said its okay to open with context, but my extension teacher said we have the first answer the question. (Module A btw)

Is this okay for my body paragraph opening, for the question: “An examination of a pair of texts reveals similarities in their concerns and their contexts.”

Post-WWII America was a period of social and economic success, with the ‘baby-boomers’ and popularisation of the ‘American Dream’ a response to this new-found prosperity.The Hours explores the role of women during the era of nuclear families, and like Mrs Dalloway, the consequences when one cannot fulfil societies strict expectations.

Thanks!!! freaking out cause my exam is on monday :(

Lilabear

HSC

Hmmm...It'll be much more effective than just reading, but maybe you could do that look, cover, write check technique so you can test what knowledge you've retained and what you need to work on? Tbh i've never actually done this cause i'm worried that i haven't actually remembered anything ahah, but apparently it's very effective!

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm so confused with my essay topic sentence for each body. One of my teacher said its okay to open with context, but my extension teacher said we have the first answer the question. (Module A btw)

Is this okay for my body paragraph opening, for the question: “An examination of a pair of texts reveals similarities in their concerns and their contexts.”

Post-WWII America was a period of social and economic success, with the ‘baby-boomers’ and popularisation of the ‘American Dream’ a response to this new-found prosperity.The Hours explores the role of women during the era of nuclear families, and like Mrs Dalloway, the consequences when one cannot fulfil societies strict expectations.

Thanks!!! freaking out cause my exam is on monday :(
Start with a conceptual statement before launching straight into context (idk maybe something about what specific aspect of both texts and their context is similar), but the context sentence is quite well written! Next step is just having enough textual evidence to support that claim :)

Lilabear

HSC
Start with a conceptual statement before launching straight into context (idk maybe something about what specific aspect of both texts and their context is similar), but the context sentence is quite well written! Next step is just having enough textual evidence to support that claim :)
Yep, thanks! A few of my friends have also recommend this, but i'm dreading having to change my essay again :(

A Light Switch

Somewhere northwest of the south, adjacent to the
HSC

I too am doing Germany; what I find easy for me is to sort all of my notes under the syllabus order, however, you do what you feel is comfortable.

Lilabear

HSC
Thoughts on memorising two essays for discovery? Since i've already put so much work into writing both, i want to take advantage. but i'm worried that i'll somehow get them mixed up during the exam and it'll backfire on me. Concept is somewhat similar in that the quotes used can fit both essays (however i didn't write them that way).

A Leaf

HSC
How's everyone's prep for half yearlies going? Or have they started/finished already idk? I'm shitting myself looooooool

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
How's everyone's prep for half yearlies going? Or have they started/finished already idk? I'm shitting myself looooooool
Ahhhh its going alright. I didn't realise my first half yearly, modern history, was next tuesday (thought it was wednesday) so I'm a bit shook at the moment, but I'm just keeping up to date with all the info and essay writing technique so it should be fine. English Module A essay is going nowhere (richard III and LFR) just cause I'm v confused about what to write. But everything else seems to be falling into place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)