2019s Prelim HSC Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

fires

HSC
N/A
who else wants to die already lmao. also I agree with everyone who says the new English syllabus is a joke like wtf is this sht
currently writting tabloids and newspaper reports tf for adv

Danny Bechara

HSC
Hey guys, I'm loving year 11 (especially SORII COUGH COUGH) Ummm so I'm doing Extension 1 English, SOR II, Hospitality, Ancient History, Business Studies and Economics. I'm so nervous cause like our SOR teachers put SO much stress on us it's not funny, catholics schools for the win.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
already dropped ext eng !! still on 13 units though
but it's alright, 2 of those units are accelerated so it'll be done and dusted by the end of this year

fires

HSC
N/A
but it's alright, 2 of those units are accelerated so it'll be done and dusted by the end of this year
what subs you accelerating?

I was a maths accelerant but dropped still a bio accelrant though.

Zali_G

HSC
I definitely think I'm not gonna make it through this year, let alone year 12...

Nozeltov

HSC
bio is hella chill it’s just a lot of memorisation in a short amount of time and the y11 content is so boring, finished prelim in 8 weeks - so a whole years worth of hours in 2 months (I’m doing the last of the old syllabus), started the y12 content which is way more interesting, the extra hours including saturday school is fine cause we get breaks to go to the shops next to our school, there’s morning classes too from 7:30am but honestly it’s really good so far, it sucks for those doing the new syllabus cause there is sooo much unnecessary content which you have to learn and memorise. The only things you really need from y11 is the reliability and validity, application q’s but that’s for the old syllabus.

As an ex-maths accelerant, I enjoyed biology way more as it’s minimal understanding and just memorisation whereas maths actually required learning and I needed to really grasp the concepts and that fast paced nature of the classes were bad made it to derivatives before dropping to normal classes to focus on bio (those who went tutoring for maths since y10 and did the prelim course are the ones who usually stay in the accelerated maths class).

Also our school doesn’t do acceleration anymore they do compression where they condense 2 years worth of content into a year which is stupid and acceleration is better ie y7 you do y8 work and y8 you do y9 and etc.
prelim course in 8 weeks...Saturday school...all i can say is bruh.
But why tho? lmao

Danny Bechara

HSC
Good luck everyone! It's coming closer and closer... I'm personally excited (we just got our timetable/teachers, pretty solid in my opinion!)

My subjects are for this year:

- Maths Adv.
- SOR II
- English Adv.
- Physics
- Business Studies
- Multimedia

How is everyone going to sort out their notes and such? I'm still in a bit of a dilemma on how to do so. lol

Good luck everyone!

MILOOO!!!! Boi aren't we LOVING SOR2!!!

Last edited:

Danny Bechara

HSC
Lol nice, but you should've given extension a chance lol, I was so nervous but I have an awesome teacher so it's all g :smile:

Last edited:

Danny Bechara

HSC
aHaHA I dropped extension English lmao. Probs gonna regret it, though it's not worth the feeling of constant death for two years. Feel like it's impossible to get an above 95 atar w/o any extension subjects rip..
Lol I hate this new english syllabus, but I have a good teacher who is taken it through with us in such a good way and I'm enjoying it which is good.

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Lol nice, but you should've given extension a chance lol, I was so nervous but I have an awesome teacher so it's all g :smile:
i do triple science (phys, chem, bio) plus accelerated agriculture and ext 1 maths right now, so i thought that the workload would be too extreme with ext eng as well
frankly, i'm not regretting my decision at all HAHA the project seems torturous

what subs you accelerating?

I was a maths accelerant but dropped still a bio accelrant though.
accelerating good old agriculture! :') making animal notes right now, oh man

fires

HSC
N/A
dropped mx1 & sor1 for sor2 today, casue i'm a lazy piece of shit, even though i'm kinda topping 2u currently. I'm not bothered to do the mx1 hw and my mx1 teach isn't so great, a lot of self-learning and I could have gotten a tutor but ceebs, much rather focus on 2u and chill through sor2 since I was going to drop mx1 and sor1 anyway in y12 but now i'll be dropping sor2 in y12

BienvenueAMusA

HSC
ay i'm back y'all

my original statement still stands: wtf is the eng adv syllabus bruh READING TO WRITE should have learnt this in year 7 or something
the content for bio and chem is not as hard as i thought it would be which is g

my study timetable!!!
5:00-5:30pm get home around this time
5:30pm-6:30pm shower, eat snacks, dinner
6:30pm-10:45pm homework, waste time

how's everyone? this thread is a bit dead

fires

HSC
N/A
ay i'm back y'all

my original statement still stands: wtf is the eng adv syllabus bruh READING TO WRITE should have learnt this in year 7 or something
the content for bio and chem is not as hard as i thought it would be which is g

how's everyone? this thread is a bit dead
yeah the reading to write is bs, I think for now this common module will be pretty chill till next term when we actually start doing stuff

bos has been dead for a while but also there aren't that many 2019ers imo

KingTings

HSC
yeah the reading to write is bs, I think for now this common module will be pretty chill till next term when we actually start doing stuff

bos has been dead for a while but also there aren't that many 2019ers imo
Let's keep it alive then lmao.
WHO'S KEEN FOR DEPTH STUDIES ;_; (sciences will be the death of me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)