• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (4 Viewers)

synthesisFR

HSC
PISS OFF IVE ALREADY SHIPPED @nsw..wollongong AND @synthesisFR NAHHH

whatever floats their boat though
surely @its_ace21 @nsw..wollongong @synthesisFR open a room on BoS :D
that is repulsive omd

In the dimly lit room, I stood frozen, my ears ringing with the echoes of those repulsive words. My heart sank as I realized the depth of the cruelty hidden beneath veiled expressions. Every syllable felt like a dagger, slicing through the fragile fabric of civility, leaving behind a festering wound of hurt and betrayal. The scene was a nightmarish dance of venomous insinuations and malicious undertones, an unsettling fusion of pretense and malice. I felt a rising tide of anger as I struggled to maintain my composure in the face of such a toxic verbal onslaught, and a sense of despair settled deep within my soul. In that chilling moment, I couldn't help but wonder if I had inadvertently stumbled into the darkest corners of human interaction, a place where the boundaries between decency and cruelty blurred into an abyss of emotional devastation. It was an encounter that would haunt my thoughts for years to come, a stark reminder of the devastating power of words left unsaid yet keenly felt.

jc7726

HSC
first round of trial marks today. beat the guy i wanted to in software by 1 mark... but the first paper was out of 50 so even though this ones weighted higher the 1 mark he beat me by is still a larger contribution. we calculated weighted averages and he's beating me by 0.1 :mad3:
(i contested a mark and got an extra one and we haven't finished going through the paper so HOPEFULLY i manage to try get another)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
that is repulsive omd

In the dimly lit room, I stood frozen, my ears ringing with the echoes of those repulsive words. My heart sank as I realized the depth of the cruelty hidden beneath veiled expressions. Every syllable felt like a dagger, slicing through the fragile fabric of civility, leaving behind a festering wound of hurt and betrayal. The scene was a nightmarish dance of venomous insinuations and malicious undertones, an unsettling fusion of pretense and malice. I felt a rising tide of anger as I struggled to maintain my composure in the face of such a toxic verbal onslaught, and a sense of despair settled deep within my soul. In that chilling moment, I couldn't help but wonder if I had inadvertently stumbled into the darkest corners of human interaction, a place where the boundaries between decency and cruelty blurred into an abyss of emotional devastation. It was an encounter that would haunt my thoughts for years to come, a stark reminder of the devastating power of words left unsaid yet keenly felt.
nike. just do it

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
first round of trial marks today. beat the guy i wanted to in software by 1 mark... but the first paper was out of 50 so even though this ones weighted higher the 1 mark he beat me by is still a larger contribution. we calculated weighted averages and he's beating me by 0.1 :mad3:
(i contested a mark and got an extra one and we haven't finished going through the paper so HOPEFULLY i manage to try get another)
I got my sdd back today as well, got 88 in the trial (rip came second by one mark) but overall I came first with weighted averages hooray

honestly I think the rank between you and this guy doesn't really matter too much, you'll both do equally well in HSC give or take

jc7726

HSC
I got my sdd back today as well, got 88 in the trial (rip came second by one mark) but overall I came first with weighted averages hooray

honestly I think the rank between you and this guy doesn't really matter too much, you'll both do equally well in HSC give or take
i don't even care abt the hsc mark for it atp 💀 i just want the special yr 12 sdd excellence prize so i can flex on him LMAO

dav53521

HSC

While the rank doesn't matter for HSC and ATAR it does matter in that it gives a sense of pride knowing that you came first in SDD and managed to beat the other SDD sweats who also have no life.

jc7726

HSC
While the rank doesn't matter for HSC and ATAR it does matter in that it gives a sense of pride knowing that you came first in SDD and managed to beat the other SDD sweats who also have no life.
surprisingly i got full marks for all algorithms :cool: ....but lost marks on some stupid broad writing qs that always give marks for the one thing you don't put

dav53521

HSC
surprisingly i got full marks for all algorithms :cool: ....but lost marks on some stupid broad writing qs that always give marks for the one thing you don't put
Well at least you got full marks in what drags down most of the state.

jc7726

HSC
Well at least you got full marks in what drags down most of the state.
im so mad though, i lost the easiest mark on the first written q bc i forgot to put an example. i think it was diff between logic/syntax errors using examples and i put the one for syntax but forgot the logic example 😭 could have literally just said "for example using * instead of /" or someething else that was stupidly simple

jc7726

HSC
do you wanna know what the one mark i lost in that first exam t4 last year? a stupid legal case mc question that i didn't know about so had to guess and got it wrong

dav53521

HSC
do you wanna know what the one mark i lost in that first exam t4 last year? a stupid legal case mc question that i didn't know about so had to guess and got it wrong
I hated the legal cases so much and I barely knew them when I did the HSC.

Also I still remembering losing to one of my friends by one mark for my first assignment and I never heard the end of it until I managed to beat him in the algorithm assignment.

jc7726

HSC
I hated the legal cases so much and I barely knew them when I did the HSC.

Also I still remembering losing to one of my friends by one mark for my first assignment and I never heard the end of it until I managed to beat him in the algorithm assignment.
fair enough, we literally tied for 100% on task 2 and 3 so there was literally nothing i could do 😔

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
Damn at least you have a semi strong SDD cohort.
we have a decent cohort (the top three of us are sitting at like 90+ weighted average) but then we have some people who keep dropping low to mid 70s :/
Dunno how to lift them up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)