$250 Student Fee introduced (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
then you would be defraudin the commonwealth son

boris

Banned
HSC
i dont know what eftsl is i dont even know what my courses cost i just tell them to send the bill to the nsw government

my bitch does 2 per study period with 4 study periods a year (wtf) i dont understand how or why that is possible

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Apparently relocation/living away from home rate of youth allowance depends upon >90 minutes by public transport, or your parents home is not an 'adequate place to study'. This is not an A1 source, apparently the Act only says you qualify for relocation if the Secretary determines that "the person needs to live away from home for the purpose of education, training, searching for employment or doing anything else in preparation for getting employment;", and they've used discretion to develop this particular standard, there's flexibility in their determination so. Waf probably said his parents beat him, that's what I did.

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/internet/internet.nsf/filestores/st088_1006/$file/st088_1006en.pdf

2 units per study period, 6 per year? same as 3 per semester?
I don't think it takes into account trimester system, if you're less than three for the main two semesters, you won't get the sticker regardless of the third. Full time student, and then withdrawing before paying uni fees, just means you're issued the sticker to get cheap public transport, but legally you're not supposed to use it, they would take it if they could, and centerlink will ask for their money back.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
then you would be defraudin the commonwealth son
do I really care

A: no

only if I get caught and I would really like to not have that happen

Maybe I'll just get my girlfriend to claim all that jazz while I work heaps and make lots of $$$$$$$

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
So say I did full time study this year

and went to 3 units a semester next year BUT I dropped down before census date so I receive no financial or academic penalty wot then
You will get a shiny sticker for bus riding purposes

boris

Banned
HSC
i would definitely dob you in to centrelink

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
So say I did full time study this year

and went to 3 units a semester next year BUT I dropped down before census date so I receive no financial or academic penalty wot then
I do know that they do regular audits and will probably pick up on it to be honest.

leekiss

HSC
I think Centrelink places a limit on the amount of undergraduate degrees you can do. It's only two I think. So professional students wouldn't be getting any money from the gov.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
this better not apply to RHD students... if so I'm going to try to use the $1500 my uni gives us for "research expenses" to pay for it

love that money-go-round

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
the same it is for students already at uni

you have to pay fees up to $250 but they can be put on your HECS debt

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
this is known as student contribution right? And how often do we pay in one year?
The student services and amenities fee is in addition to the normal student contribution. It will be a maximum $263 per year (Indexed to the CPI).

_deloso

HSC
The student services and amenities fee is in addition to the normal student contribution. It will be a maximum $263 per year (Indexed to the CPI).
what exactly is student services and amenities? Are those things like gyms and all that?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
what exactly is student services and amenities? Are those things like gyms and all that?
Yup, amongst other things. Clubs and Societies (not such a bad idea), SRC Campaigns (ergh....waste of money), Collectives (ergh) etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)