2U 2015 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

I97

HSC
95-97 raw. Hoping 95 aligns to at least 96 seeing as though it was a fairly easy paper.
Screwed up last bit of the finance Q + my integration in the volume Q of Q16.

luhanbby

HSC
perfect square expand it then do it normally?
its precisely cos of the perfect square i got confused it was like e^y/8 + 1 ..?
but squared since it was x^2 anyoneeee help!!! i know i probs did it wrong but damn my integration skills fail me

Mr_Kap

HSC
so annoyed tho got 11 b (i think) wrong mind just shut and couldnt bloody factorise it and 12 b i that show the question brain shut down so thats easy 4 marks gone :/ and 15 c what the actual fk was that how do you do that

16 was very easy
HAHA

i left 11b out to come back to at the end. I could'nt do it first up. (i later got it in a matter of seconds when i checked it after i finished)

Someone what would a 92 raw go to. like 93 examination mark. I'm only saying this because i'm expecting the "worst" so that when i get my results im prepared if i get around there. I think i got 94 or 95 raw but never know what mistakes i could have made :).

I wish it was a hard paper though. So then a mark of like 92 would go to 97 (this is what i got when i took the 2013 HSC exam)

Mr_Kap

HSC
I realised i accidentally "Ticked" the box on the bottom of most booklets.

I misunderstood.thinking that i was meant to tick it if i was still doing that Question.

Like i did Q14 b) and finished it, and then i ticked the box and did Q14 c) on a new booklet thinkiing it meant if you are continuing the "whole " question on a new boooklet.

onlyhuwyouknow

HSC
John Drake from Emmanuel (The PDF from the first page) got two questions wrong from what I know:

1. The exact value of Sin(A) in 13(a)(ii) should be sqrt(15)/8, as pointed out earlier. Confirmed here.

2. The region to be shaded in in 13(b)(ii) should also include the 2nd quadrant, and a part of the 3rd quadrant, like so.

I only dropped the second of those marks, having neglected the 3rd quadrant like some other people in this thread. I mean, I hope I'm wrong and I get full marks for that, but I don't think it's likely. Let me know if any more of you find anything John Drake got wrong, or I'm riding on 99 ^_^

vflaash

HSC
i dont think its also the 3rd quadrant because i tested it for the y<=x and it was false :/

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
John Drake from Emmanuel (The PDF from the first page) got two questions wrong from what I know:

1. The exact value of Sin(A) in 13(a)(ii) should be sqrt(15)/8, as pointed out earlier. Confirmed here.

2. The region to be shaded in in 13(b)(ii) should also include the 2nd quadrant, and a part of the 3rd quadrant, like so.

I only dropped the second of those marks, having neglected the 3rd quadrant like some other people in this thread. I mean, I hope I'm wrong and I get full marks for that, but I don't think it's likely. Let me know if any more of you find anything John Drake got wrong, or I'm riding on 99 ^_^
how does it go to 3rd quadrant, the semi circle doesnt even go below 0?

kenny777777

HSC
If u test a point (-1,-1) for y<= root (9-x^2) u would get undefined, so i don't think its in the 3rd quad.

I97

HSC
The semi circle is not defined in third quadrant so you only need to have it in the first two, where its all of the second and that top left half of the first

SlimiJay

HSC
for 15 c i and ii if i did the right working but got a different answer for both do i get 1/2 for each?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)