• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

<3 to U2 (1 Viewer)

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
yes, like the rest of humanity, I've read that maddox rant, but if i really wanted to rehash it, I would have done.

I'm simply saying in my own words that they're talentless, their music is repetitive, poorly written, meaningless and crafted with a complete lack of dynamics or versatility.

I won't even start on the manner in which they've whored themselves out to every record label, corporation and charity on earth in order to make all the money they possibly can.

And to claim that U2 are possibly the best band on earth is just fucking stupid.

I challenge you to prove their superiority to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Clash, Nirvana or any other band with that sort of incredibly far reaching influence and, dare I say it, talent.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Their music is not meaningless.

They support charities to make the charity money.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Which then donates it to corrupt African countries so they can spend it on firearms. :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
They gave the money in the best possible means. not their roblem it gets used the wrong way.

freaktrigger said:
I challenge you to prove their superiority to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Clash, Nirvana or any other band with that sort of incredibly far reaching influence and, dare I say it, talent.
Personally, I'd put U2 ahead of the Clash and Nirvana. I wont argue bout Zeps Floyd or the Beatles.

But the Clash? What the fuck did they do that makes em better than U2? London Calling struggles to beat U2 anywhere.
And Nirvana are just as boring as batshit. Except theyre stoned batshit. Man I'm happy that Dave Grohl could unleash himself. Even the Fooies are ten times better than Nirvana. i can't belive people like Nirvana.

Ash88

HSC
U2 r amazing! People that don't like them r usually only familiar with their singles that get so much airplay on the radio. The real gems r the lesser known ones.
I would luv 4 them 2 come 2 Australia, it would be a brilliant concert.
As 4 all the Bono bashing, how many rock stars r so devoted 2 helping out those that many wish 2 forget about? He is genuine, anyone can see that.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i'm not familiar with older songs (stab me or something but i dont understand the craze over "with or without you")

i like the popular catchy radio ones like "elevation", "beautiful day" and "walk on" ( i reallly like "walk on" for some reason)

I dont worship them ( hehe Beatles >U2) but im an occasional fan i guess

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Ash88 said:
U2 r amazing! People that don't like them r usually only familiar with their singles that get so much airplay on the radio. The real gems r the lesser known ones.
As 4 all the Bono bashing, how many rock stars r so devoted 2 helping out those that many wish 2 forget about? He is genuine, anyone can see that.
what are the less played but good songs?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
what are the less played but good songs?
some that I can think of that don't get played as often on radio are-

-Always,Angel of harlem,electrical storm,I will follow,stay,staring at the sun,bad,city of blinding lights,desire,original of the species,even better then the real thing.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Ash88 said:
I heard they are touring here next year
:) :) :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
my brother is obsessed with them, has practically every album and song they've ever made. he also plays them 24/7.

i have only one label for them "pretentious rock". yeah i like some of their songs but it gets too much sometimes.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
i thought they cancelled the idea of coming to aus?

neways

favourites have to be achtung baby & pop
As far as I know it was postponed.
They better come or else i'll have to go to them oneday:)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
As far as I know it was postponed.
They better come or else i'll have to go to them oneday:)
i would like to have the money to see them play at slane castle again in good old ireland ;) if i only had the money for it all

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
hahaha

its pretentious rock. oo wow look at us we're doin something for the world and charities and stuff! look at us and buy our records and yes of course we're goin to donate money and time and stuff to the starving people in africa.

BUT MOST OF ALL LOOK AT US (*cough*BONO*cough*)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
my brother is obsessed with them, has practically every album and song they've ever made. he also plays them 24/7.
Im obsessed with them too :D

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Tulipa said:
hahaha

its pretentious rock. oo wow look at us we're doin something for the world and charities and stuff! look at us and buy our records and yes of course we're goin to donate money and time and stuff to the starving people in africa.

BUT MOST OF ALL LOOK AT US (*cough*BONO*cough*)
if he wants to be charitable- let him be...hes earned more than enough to help some other people out

and yes musicians like people buying their records- its just a fact...not everyone can be a myspace artist sarah!

and emos own the rights to pretentious music :uhhuh:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
thejosiekiller said:
i would like to have the money to see them play at slane castle again in good old ireland ;) if i only had the money for it all
yes if only,that would be perfect getting to go to Ireland to see U2 and hot irish men :D double the fun.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Slane Castle would be awesome.

They were originally meant to come in december, but their American tours so successful they doubled up.

So now the rumours are either January or March.

Fuggen hope they do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)