• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

4 unit english 4 unit maths? (1 Viewer)

DO U DO 4 u english and 4 u maths?

• 4 u english + 4 u maths

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • 4 u english + 3 u maths

Votes: 20 13.5%
  • 4 u english + 2 u maths

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • 4 u english + 2 u general maths

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • 4 u english + NO MATHS

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters
J

jhakka

It's only a mistake if you can't cope. Be organised from the beginning and you should be OK.

pitted

HSC
N/A
ishq said:
to all those 4 eng+4 math people out there...who are all in the same boat as me...a question...what made you guys choose both?im the only one at my school who is, apparently "idiotic enough" to do this, and so far, ive met only one other person with the same subject choices....

also, what are your other subjects? do they take up all your time? im full to the brim with the sciences..am i making a mistake?
yeha i was the first to do 4U 4U in my school and ppl kinda thought it was crazy and thought i was smart...however i am a pretty average student....4/? for adv eng, 2/4 for ee1 and 1/2 for ee2...the other person doing 4U eng was really lazy but she finished it so thats something...apart from both 4U's i also do economics and chemistry and i am soo kicking myself that i didnt do physics - the free's that i have physics is on but even if i did do it in yr 11 (i didnt coz in yr 10 it sucked) i wouldnt b able to do it in yr 12 - coz my school will not let me do 14 units....i had 14 units wif business studies and IT (i had no idea why i chose it and no idea why i kept it till the end of yr 11 but i did) but the other 3 4U maths ppl dont do 4U even though they all could and would probably flog my arse in it.

what were ur choices?

ciao

swkotor

Swkotor
HSC
I do english 4 and math 3. All the extension classes are easy but i just cant take 2 unit english seriously.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
ishq said:
to all those 4 eng+4 math people out there...who are all in the same boat as me...a question...what made you guys choose both?im the only one at my school who is, apparently "idiotic enough" to do this, and so far, ive met only one other person with the same subject choices....

also, what are your other subjects? do they take up all your time? im full to the brim with the sciences..am i making a mistake?
I'm doin' 4u eng & 4u math then physics and chem. If by full to the brim you mean 3 sciences pulling you up to 14 units then i'd call that too much (I couldn't handle that many subjects) but as I sit with 12 units i'm not too bothered. As I explained above the 4 & 4 combo isn't that bad (or so I find). I have a genuine interest in physics so that subject doesn't really feel as though it has any hard work. One of the most helpful things to get you through all your subjects is to actually be interested 'cause if it's not painful to do the work then you'll be cool. I need to start enjoying chem soon... chemistry blows :p.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
it's not that bad really.
only english definitely > maths.

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
I do ancient and modern history as well as 4/4 maths/english. If you don't do that and get stuck with a huge chunk of content, I'm sure you'll cope :p

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
fine ambiguity said:
I do ancient and modern history as well as 4/4 maths/english. If you don't do that and get stuck with a huge chunk of content, I'm sure you'll cope :p
ha!
*laughs*
4 maths 4 eng 2 mod 2 legal 2 french 2 chem.
BEAT YOU ALL!!!

ishq

brown?
HSC
KFunk said:
I'm doin' 4u eng & 4u math then physics and chem. If by full to the brim you mean 3 sciences pulling you up to 14 units then i'd call that too much (I couldn't handle that many subjects).
No - its two sciences. Chem and Bio. I wish i could do physics. I am regretting my decision to not choose Physics. Not only does it help with 4U maths, but it is far more interesting than biology.

4U English Classes are fun! - why cant 2U be more like it!?! :)

illucid

HSC
N/A
4u Maths 4u English

I'm the first person ever from my school to do 4u maths and 4u english... I suppose i do pretty well at school but i agree with what a lot of other people have said... English is an easier subject for me, i always top extension and will do so for ext. 2 as well.... But Advanced is a teensy problem if you think too much.

I'm better at English than maths, but i adore the 4u maths work, its so much more interesting than 2u... If i just did 2u i would probably do miserably, but the 4u work (and most of the 3u work) is just better for me, i make less stupid mistakes even though it is harder.

J

jhakka

I don't know if I said it earlier, but I wish I did at least 3u Maths as well as 4u English. I feel like I missed out on so much. :(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
jhakka said:
I don't know if I said it earlier, but I wish I did at least 3u Maths as well as 4u English. I feel like I missed out on so much. :(
You definitely did I mean it was wonderful there was induction, SHM and all those fun things + when we got bored we'd have sword fights with our text books :D
But the double load isn't so bad you just concentrate on those subs a bit more than usual but then again most people think i'm bonkers for doing 4u Eng + 4u Math +6u of Science, so maybe the load sent me insane and i just haven't noticed.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
woah........i didnt realise so mani ppl did 4U eng + 4U maths O.O"
good luck to you all ^^
i do 4U eng and 3U maths .....BUT also ext hist ^^

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Better work on your counting skills Jamil, cherry blossom is still ahead of you in the unit running ;).

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
JamiL said:
uz are all fagz 4 doin 4u english (lol.. jkz)
i beat uz all 4u maths, Phy, chem, bio, Adv English, and SOR... plus im rankd bout 5th in english better than sum 4u students n 3u students
hmmm sorry, i think my 4u english, 4u math and 6us of science doesnt exactly get "beaten" by that.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
kami said:
hmmm sorry, i think my 4u english, 4u math and 6us of science doesnt exactly get "beaten" by that.
my counting skills are fine... its quality not quantity... remember...
im kool cos i beat the three boys that do ext 2 english, and most boys (outta bout 30) that do ext 1 english... n im a 2u student. neway doin ext 2 english is harder and just not worth it... ur ext 2 english doesn even scale as good as my ext 1 maths (which mind u we have finished the course)...
i do 6 sciences, which i think i can get 90+ in all
i already go a band 6 in mathematics, n i will more than likly get Band E4 in Ext1/2 maths, and a high band 5 or low band 6 in english... im even considering dropping bio so i dont have to do sumthing that wont count.
only 10 count, doing 14units is stupid... 11-12 is alryt. i do 13 but im just not sure wot 2 drop yet. so there i Beat all of uz...
would u rather do 20 units n get a uai less than 30, or 10 units n get a uai of 100... i no that is 2 extreams but then who comes out the winner

veridis

droog
HSC
would i rather come across as a pretentious wanker or actualy have amiable relations with people

i'm sure many other people here will get just as good marks as you but everyone will like them alot better cause they dont go round acting like a twat and having to brag all the time.

if you want another extreme example would you prefer to come last in the state for your precious maths e2 or first for ee2.
everyone will do what they want and everyone will get a mark that i'm sure wont determine the rest of their lives. so if you think ee2 is so crap piss off out of our forum

J

jhakka

JamiL said:
uz are all fagz 4 doin 4u english (lol.. jkz)
i beat uz all 4u maths, Phy, chem, bio, Adv English, and SOR... plus im rankd bout 5th in english better than sum 4u students n 3u students
The fact that a student is doing Extension 2 English often does not reflect on his or her performance in Advanced English. Advanced English focuses on how you can analyse a text, while Extension 2 is almost the opposite where we are expected to compose our own works.

While doing Extension 2 Maths would affect performance in Mathematics and Extension 1 Mathematics, this is certainly not the case in English.

On a side note, it's not a good idea to come into a forum and call everyone there wankers. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I suddenly started proclaiming that Mathematics Extension 2 people couldn't read in that particular forum. :)

Also, the English vs Maths war has already been started. Let's not continue it in this thread.
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=48963

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)