• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

>40degrees = no hsc? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
egnaro said:
what if a giant meteorite came and smashed right into the centre of australia, flinging huge boulders in every direction, killing millions in an instant and increasing the temperature to a steady 150 degrees, whilst at the same time terrorist were attacking australia by simultaneosly bombing major cities and buildings. And pigman rules the world. Will they stop the hsc then?

Nah, the rules clearly speculate it must reach 160 degrees, and then the old ladies will discuss the matter via CB radio and decide the best course of action.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Most schools exam centres would be air conditioned anyway, so what does it matter?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
When I was school (yes way back when) , there *was* a heat rule but it didnt effect schools in Sydney. It was actually a geographical line as we were about 3 kms on the wrong side ie the other side of Dubbo) I dont know about now but Im pretty sure the >40 degrees thing is an urban myth

(otherwise my brother and sister would have never been at school...)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
SpoRTsGaL said:
not the bloody centre that we're in :(.... it's too hot in there.... and it is really full, with more than 300 students in there during the english exams...

I'm finding it hard to study in this heat.... :(
I don't even think ours has fans, stupid hall. Looks like I'm bringing in water.

mishka

HSC
N/A
^^ same, but ours isn't technically a hall either, it's a gymnasium. and we have heaters but no fans. please, pleeeeeeeeeease start raining!!! :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well ours is technically an indoor basketball court. Hmm I would love rain as well as long as it stopped after the exams finished. Maybe a nice cold snap.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
our hall has ac but im not in there
coz there are too many of us so i am stuck in class rooms
for the AOS eng exam and they have slow as fans
which make no difference on a really hot day

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Well ours is technically an indoor basketball court. Hmm I would love rain as well as long as it stopped after the exams finished. Maybe a nice cold snap.
I hope it doesnt rain as it will be even muggier (is this how its spelt...dont care as my office is an oven)

unless it gets colder (which i dont see happening!!)
;)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If it rains it will be colder. If it stopped raining and the sun came out it would be warmer and muggier.

Pfft it might get colder, I'm pretty southerly.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
yeah i guess ours is a basketball court too!! the PE teachers go crazy every year during the HSC - we take away the gym, the indoor basketball and volleyball courts all in one swoop!! :D gotta love it!!

i think rain would dull the noise outside - we must have some of the noisiest juniors in the state!!!

egnaro

HSC
well kinda off topic, but what happens if in the middle of an exam a bombscare was pulled off? im sure thats better then heat anyday

Anyone have this happen or know anyone who experienced this?

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
For muck up day we put an airhorn into the yr 10 geography exam, most of them went for misadventure or something it was awesome

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I don't think the HSC can be moved. It would be too hard even if people didn't have other things to do such as schoolies right after the HSC is over.

concession

Respected Member
HSC
egnaro said:
i tihnk they increased it from 40 degrees to 45 degrees. But that would be pretty strange, in the middle of your english exam the old ladies telling everyone to get out and go home. Would kinda suck if you were actually doing well
you say it as if i might go well

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
i think the rule would look something like this:

If temp. rises to current temp. + 1 then stop all hsc exams... if you can read that it means that the temperature can never get there.

it easily gets about above 40-45 degrees in our school hall during this time of year. and the air only works on cold during winter (public system)!! no fans either

so if the rule was true, i dont think we would be doing many exams each year here!! hehe, stupid rules.. stupid grafton!! ;)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
egnaro said:
well kinda off topic, but what happens if in the middle of an exam a bombscare was pulled off? im sure thats better then heat anyday

Anyone have this happen or know anyone who experienced this?
sorry just read this... i think we had this at our school 2 or 3 years back. it was the start of the mobile phone era and he was stuck in maths. anyway he 'went to the tolilet' and used his mobile to tell the school there was a bomb in the school somewhere near the hall.

this was either in the trails or actual HSC. they all had to leave but left their bags and papers inside. many police, fire, and local DET head office people turned up.

within half an hour the new it was him and back in they went. cant remember what happened to him and the exams

twiddla

Bomb scares have happened - u all have to pile out of the exam to the 'safe' place - it would mean everyone would get misadventure and i'm not sure whether or not you get to resit - it is tight if u don't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)