8 days to go!! (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
BTW seeing as you're on a 94 for business - any advice? (im ranked 4th but only band 5 - need to push to about 88)
Well, I scored 88 for the trials.

Be able to succinctly answer every single strategy there is for the topics, that will encompass 40 of the exam marks. (39/40 on the trials)

Short responses are quite difficult, harder than the essays sometimes - You need to know the influences and the processes in depth to be able to answer them. They're USUALLY split 10 marks for each topic, and you can usually assume where a few marks will be allocated. Try aiming for 36/40 for this.

Multiple choice is the shitter - I always get 15</20 (15 for trials).

Basically, it'd be best if you could score:

16-17/20
37/40
38/40

92 raw would be epic, but you only need an 88 so aim for about 83/100.

George121

HSC
Well, I scored 88 for the trials.

Be able to succinctly answer every single strategy there is for the topics, that will encompass 40 of the exam marks. (39/40 on the trials)

Short responses are quite difficult, harder than the essays sometimes - You need to know the influences and the processes in depth to be able to answer them. They're USUALLY split 10 marks for each topic, and you can usually assume where a few marks will be allocated. Try aiming for 36/40 for this.

Multiple choice is the shitter - I always get 15</20 (15 for trials).

Basically, it'd be best if you could score:

16-17/20
37/40
38/40

92 raw would be epic, but you only need an 88 so aim for about 83/100.
Business is one of those subjects where i just go in and bullshit my way through every question. (you'll be surprised - it works xD)

Multiple choice is my biggest threat

Demise

HSC
Business is one of those subjects where i just go in and bullshit my way through every question. (you'll be surprised - it works xD)

Multiple choice is my biggest threat
Prelim exam, 75%, not one bit studied. I began to focus, HSC (harder shit), went to 85%, 4th place (from 15th).

George121

HSC
Prelim exam, 75%, not one bit studied. I began to focus, HSC (harder shit), went to 85%, 4th place (from 15th).
Trial - not one bit studied - 76% (multiple choice was the reason i got so low lol) - ranked 4th in trial and overall

George121

HSC
Why would you not study lol. *slaps with trout*
Had general the same day - demotivated me with life

Probably would've achieved a better score but my head wasn't screwed on due to the shitty exam (i ranked 3rd in the trial with 52%) - ikr.

Demise

HSC
Had general the same day - demotivated me with life

Probably would've achieved a better score but my head wasn't screwed on due to the shitty exam (i ranked 3rd in the trial with 52%) - ikr.
GTFO, 3rd in general with a 52%? :O

George121

HSC
GTFO, 3rd in general with a 52%? :O
That was my reaction to haha

It was honestly a hard exam though - teacher even said that

But i re-did the paper, under the exact same conditions with the exact same knowledge and i scored 70ish (i need about 83)

I should be fine for the HSC - i ranked 6 overall in general which is pretty decent since at the beginning of the year i was near the bottom

Demise

HSC
That was my reaction to haha

It was honestly a hard exam though - teacher even said that

But i re-did the paper, under the exact same conditions with the exact same knowledge and i scored 70ish (i need about 83)

I should be fine for the HSC - i ranked 6 overall in general which is pretty decent since at the beginning of the year i was near the bottom
I wish we got our actual rank in the cohort (approximate).

Well, I'm 15th in English Advanced (off from 10th place by THREE percent).
8th in Physics.
4th in Maths.
4th in Business.
6th SOR.

I think I'm around 12th.

George121

HSC
I wish we got our actual rank in the cohort (approximate).

Well, I'm 15th in English Advanced (off from 10th place by THREE percent).
8th in Physics.
4th in Maths.
4th in Business.
6th SOR.

I think I'm around 12th.
Im 2nd in IPT
3rd in SOR1
4th in Business
6th in General
11th in adv english

Also did accounting - not sure about that rank but i finished in the top 10% (made the accelerated class)

Demise

HSC
Im 2nd in IPT
3rd in SOR1
4th in Business
6th in General
11th in adv english

Also did accounting - not sure about that rank but i finished in the top 10% (made the accelerated class)
We look similar as with ranks. I wish they offered IPT, I would've come 1st - I love computers, systems, databases, but crummy school didn't offer it.

George121

HSC
We look similar as with ranks. I wish they offered IPT, I would've come 1st - I love computers, systems, databases, but crummy school didn't offer it.
I only came 2nd by like 1% - i was burning so much -.-

I just finished re-writing all my notes; its actually a fun and interesting subject. One of the best subjects i've chosen - easy to do good in aswell

Demise

HSC
I only came 2nd by like 1% - i was burning so much -.-

I just finished re-writing all my notes; its actually a fun and interesting subject. One of the best subjects i've chosen - easy to do good in aswell
I was considering teaching myself the course but realised that'd be a waste of time and might as well start university comp sci, haha. What are you aiming for and where at?

George121

HSC
I was considering teaching myself the course but realised that'd be a waste of time and might as well start university comp sci, haha. What are you aiming for and where at?
Honestly, it's not hard to teach yourself, as long as you have the textbook - but it's too late now i guess :p

I want to do Accounting at Macquarie, so i need 81.04 (i also get about 9 bonus marks - but i still want to achieve the 81 without the marks, which shouldn't be too hard once english is over with)

So yeah, hopefully it works out, and with the ranks i have, it shouldn't be too hard to achieve 81+

Demise

HSC
Honestly, it's not hard to teach yourself, as long as you have the textbook - but it's too late now i guess :p

I want to do Accounting at Macquarie, so i need 81.04 (i also get about 9 bonus marks - but i still want to achieve the 81 without the marks, which shouldn't be too hard once english is over with)

So yeah, hopefully it works out, and with the ranks i have, it shouldn't be too hard to achieve 81+
Yeah you can achieve 81 easily I think. I was aiming for 88 to get into Comp Sci but everyone is telling me you can get into computer science at UNSW with about 85 ATAR, and I get 6 extra points for disadvantaged schooling and band 5 in physics. So I can potentially get into it with a 79! :p I'm still aiming for 88 though.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
haha yes exactly what im going to do, except I probably can't do cartwheels given my athletic state atm. maybe just some usain bolt gestures or something :p
Haha, it's not the first time I've cartwheeled through school. I once got money from a bet that I couldn't do a cartwheel without my phone, wallet + keys falling out of my pockets but I did it one handed so they wouldn't drop out, so I won :p

enoilgam

HSC
Yeah I know haha, so good. I'm literally going to cartwheel out of school and go to the pub.
Really? I went to the pub the day after though.

haha yes exactly what im going to do, except I probably can't do cartwheels given my athletic state atm. maybe just some usain bolt gestures or something :p
All I could do was raise my hands in triumph - then I went home and straight to sleep.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)