96 ENG ADV/ 3210 UCAT/ 5 MEDICAL + DENTAL SCHOOL OFFERS (1 Viewer)

chaevely_park

HSC
🌟 96 English Adv I JRAHS English Rank 10 I 3210 UCAT I HSC All Rounder I 99.25 ATAR I James Ruse Class of 2022

🌟 ENGLISH ADV/ UCAT/ MEDICAL INTERVIEW Tutor
🌟 English Adv Year 12 Rank 10
🌟 3210 UCAT (98th%)
🌟 10 Medical Interview Offers
🌟 How I smashed my interviews to land multiple medical and dentistry offers - 5 offers out of 7 interviews I sat!

Hello! My name is Chaewon and I graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School in 2022 and now in Year 1 of the Joint Medical Program at the University of Newcastle.

I aim to personalise lessons for each student, analysing previous performances together to create individualised academic plans for success. From breaking down texts for English Advanced to discussing personal strategies for UCAT and Medical School Interviews, I'll ensure that students focus on their weaknesses to maximise their performance under exam conditions.

In addition to lessons, I'm available via text or email to answer ANY questions you have, at NO additional fee.

With my strong passion for helping students achieve their best results and 2+ years of experience as a private tutor, I'm sure that I'll lead you to your goals!

πŸ₯‡ RESULTS πŸ₯‡
βœ… ATAR: 99.25 (All Rounder)
βœ… English Advanced: 96/100 - Internal JRAHS Rank 10 (Consistent top A-range results across all Modules A, B, C)
βœ… UCAT: 3210 (98th Percentile - 720 VR, 770 DM, 850 QR, 870 AR)
βœ… Offers for medicine and dentistry from many universities, including University of Queensland (med), Central Queensland University/ University of Queensland (med), University of Adelaide (med + dent), and University of Newcastle (med)

πŸ“ STUDENT RESOURCES πŸ“
βœ… All of my English Advanced pieces and more exemplars for each module
βœ… English Advanced notes (e.g. analysis, quotes) and analysis
βœ… Unlimited 24/7 feedback throughout the week
βœ… English Advanced Essay Questions and Medical Interview Questions (BOTH MMI and Panel, and exemplary responses to practice questions)
βœ… My unique insights and strategies into smashing English, UCAT and Medical School Interviews

πŸ“ˆ ENGLISH ADV TEXTS πŸ“ˆ
πŸ“Œ George Orwell 1984
πŸ“Œ Donne and W;t
πŸ“Œ King Henry IV Part I
πŸ“Œ All Mod C texts

πŸ“š ENGLISH LESSON DETAILS πŸ“š
βœ… Gain strong understanding of the syllabus:
Through interactive discussions, I will help you break down key concepts and terms to integrate into their essays. A thorough understanding of the syllabus is extremely important for you to write focused essays that hit the high A-range.

βœ… Content and Analysis:
While maintaining a focus on the syllabus, we will work towards a thorough summary of the text and analyse from a macro to micro level. This means we will work through the ideas and themes of the text, how these link to context and the syllabus, and specific pieces of the text that can be used in essay responses.

βœ… Writing Paragraphs:
Before a student begins writing, a solid grasp of paragraph structure and logical flow is crucial for success. With me, you will easily learn how to set up context, place analysis throughout the paragraph to create a logical argument, then make your entire essay cohesive and progressive. I will always keep your school's essay structure and preferences in mind to achieve the highest grades possible.

βœ… Adapting to Questions:
Using my extensive bank of essay questions organised per syllabus dot point, I will ensure that you will smash any essay question you get in your own exam! We will go through key techniques, tips and tricks in understanding what the question wants, then adapting your essay to meet this criteria.

βœ… In-Class Editing
If you are struggling to understand your strengths and weaknesses in essay writing, I will go through your pieces, sentence by sentence, with you. From not linking enough to the syllabus to having a non-progressive argument, I will ensure that you realise your areas for improvement. With this in mind, we can then focus more on overcoming these weaknesses through lessons and for homework - remember, I offer unlimited marking, so use that to maximise your learning!

πŸ“š UCAT LESSON DETAILS πŸ“š
βœ… What is the UCAT, and what is being tested?
From my own experience of extensively preparing for my UCAT exam, I gained a strong understanding of what key techniques and skills this exam is looking for. Before you start blindly practising, it's important to learn your aim - gaining ALL of these skills - to have a focused and efficient UCAT preparation.

βœ… Specific Strategies for each subsection
VR, DM, QR, AR are all incredibly different subsections in terms of techniques needed, questions asked and pacing. This means that you need unique strategies to tackle each section to maximise your score! From my experience of trial-and-error with multiple strategies per subsection, I will share my best strategies and tricks with you.

βœ… Hearing my Unique Insights
During lessons, I will solve your UCAT questions WITH YOU to explain my own line of thinking and techniques to reach the correct answers. By comparing your thought process and techniques to mine, you will quickly realise how to adapt to each type of question within a subsection. This lesson structure is especially helpful in AR - being trained to analyse patterns efficiently and accurately will help you get that 95th+ percentile.

πŸ“š MEDICAL INTERVIEW LESSON DETAILS πŸ“š
βœ… What are MMI and Panel Interviews?
Before we jump into interview preparation, the first few lessons will be about understanding these interview types, their purposes and structures. This foundational knowledge is key to tailor your preparation - what skills you need to acquire to impress the interviewers!

βœ… Part 1: Manners
Your first impression can be what makes or breaks your admission into medicine! And, of course, your attitude throughout your interview can have the same huge impact. Manners may seem like a simple part of interviews, but it is incredibly important to understand how to carry and present yourself, your way of talking and active listening. During lessons, I will go through the key non-verbal communication cues, provide feedback on your manners as you speak, and also provide extra resources I found useful when creating my interview manner.

βœ… University-Specific Information
Every university has a specific list of skills they want, and so you must tailor your responses to reflect them. Throughout lessons, I will share my understanding of each school's values, and how you can present these throughout your responses to maximise your chance of acceptance.

βœ… Part 2: Learning how to structure your response
Putting all of your newly gained information to use, I will guide you step-by-step into structuring your interview responses. Firstly, I will help you understand WHAT the questions are looking for - empathy, conflict resolution, teamwork? This ability to quickly grasp what skill you need to portray is what shapes your entire answer. Secondly, I will focus strongly on logical flow, progression in thought and verbal portrayal of your anecdotes and beliefs. I will also practise questions WITH YOU so you can see the correct structure that compliments your answer's content, not degrade it.

βœ… Part 3: Mocks!
Finally, interview mocks under timed conditions is very important! From time management to responding under pressure, mocks will immediately reveal your strengths and weaknesses. I will encourage you to analyse your own performance with me, then create plans to improve your weaknesses in future mocks. As someone who received 10 interview offers and multiple medical and dental school offers, I can simulate realistic interview mocks to best prepare you for your own.

πŸ“˜ PRICES πŸ“˜
English Year 7-10 (per student):
$65/hour - private 1-1 lesson

English Adv Year 11/12 (per student):
$80/hour - private 1-1 lesson
$65/hour - 2 students
$60/essay review if not a current student

Medical Interview:
$85/hour - private 1-1 lesson (recommend for foundational lessons)
$70/hour - 2 students (recommend for mock interview lessons)

UCAT:
$80/hour - private lesson
$65/hour - 2 students

English Advanced Essays (Mod A, B, C; free access for current students):
Internal Assessments and Trial Pieces are available!
$45/one essay
$85/two essays
$125/three essays

Short Answer Responses
$20/timed short answer practice

I am offering online tutoring via Zoom or Skype only. Please message me here, or find me as Chaewon Park on Facebook!

Last edited:

chaevely_park

HSC
Hi everyone! Forgot to mention - instagram is chaevely_park, or you can just message me here :).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)