A mans "new" role...? (1 Viewer)

DLtoken

HSC
I have been thinking about the whole feminist movement lately... Although equality is great, why do so many woman out there expect to be wined and dined to make feel like a princess? Sure, I have been out of a 4 year relationship for 6 months, but I still can't stand the idea of girls expecting to have drinks bought for them. Not all women do, but some. And every time I experience this, I find it to be so distasteful and disrespectful to women as a whole.

Does anyone else see where I'm coming from? Why don't women feel the "need" to buy a drink for me? ;) haha.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's simple really... they only want equality when it benefits them (e.g. getting a job), otherwise they are happy to have the benefits of being the weaker sex (e.g. being taken care of, free drinks etc.)

decypher

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
It's simple really... they only want equality when it benefits them (e.g. getting a job), otherwise they are happy to have the benefits of being the weaker sex (e.g. being taken care of, free drinks etc.)
+1

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I agree with the thread starter. I am female but I would never ask a guy to buy me a drink. It would make me feel like I wasn't capable of taking care of myself.... when I am. I think women shouldnt expect that kind of treatment but hey that's just me

Evilo

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
+1

couldn't have said it better myself.

HSC
Anybody else think that now with the whole women's movement and affirmative action, women now have MORE rights than men?

Advocates for affirmative action would argue that if a women doesn't get a job over a man who probably has more qualifications than the women, that's discrimination.

lindaguo

HSC
Double standards are old news, truth is genetically and biologically us women like to be protected and nurtured. But sometimes we also like to feel independent.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Caitlin63 said:
I agree with the thread starter. I am female but I would never ask a guy to buy me a drink. It would make me feel like I wasn't capable of taking care of myself.... when I am. I think women shouldnt expect that kind of treatment but hey that's just me
It's not so black and white like that. There are times and ways where either way can be appropriate or offensive.

The bottom line, is that whatever you do, if you do it an sincere way with no hidden agendas you will do fine.

Bainesy

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
exactly. you go out with a girl and she preaches about all of this independence crap and how women arent treated equally. but when its time to pay, where is she? where are all women? not paying, thats where

everything should be split until marriage, when you know that paying for the meal will get you favours in bed in a few hours

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Explosions Hurt said:
Advocates for affirmative action would argue that if a women doesn't get a job over a man who probably has more qualifications than the women, that's discrimination.
Its not that simplistic, and woman

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Don't know about anyone else, but I certainly pay for my half of my relationship, and if I get a drink bought for me, he gets one bought for him another night...

trendoid83862

HSC
Lol, who cares. We're poor students so we want the boy's to buy us gifts and drinks. Whatever. More money in my purse at the end of the night.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
DLtoken said:
I have been thinking about the whole feminist movement lately... Although equality is great, why do so many woman out there expect to be wined and dined to make feel like a princess? Sure, I have been out of a 4 year relationship for 6 months, but I still can't stand the idea of girls expecting to have drinks bought for them. Not all women do, but some. And every time I experience this, I find it to be so distasteful and disrespectful to women as a whole.

Does anyone else see where I'm coming from? Why don't women feel the "need" to buy a drink for me? http://boards.askmen.com/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif haha.
HAHAHA an askmen winking gif. Oh how that operates on so many levels.

It says it all ;)

DLtoken

HSC
^^^I originally posted this thread there and am looking for some more feedback. ;)

But seriously, it doesn't make sense... The whole "women now have more rights than men" comment can be applied in some cases as well. Think about the whole pregnancy issue. If you were to get a girl pregnant, who makes ALL of the decisions there? And lets say you don't agree with the decision, the man is still held fully responsible. Is that justice being served???

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Some people are retarded.

Guy sees a hot chick.

Guy: "Hey, can I buy you a drink?"
Chick: "Sure."
Guy: "Okay, you don't expect me to pay for it right?"
Chick: "Umm...?" (thinks to self. WTF?)
Guy: "You women are all for womens rights, but when it comes to buying your own things you wants guys to take care of you."

Chick leaves or asks the guy to leave.
Guy posts a thread about it on askmen.com and boredofstudies.org

jordankuai22

HSC
sam04u said:
Some people are retarded.

Guy sees a hot chick.

Guy: "Hey, can I buy you a drink?"
Chick: "Sure."
Guy: "Okay, you don't expect me to pay for it right?"
Chick: "Umm...?" (thinks to self. WTF?)
Guy: "You women are all for womens rights, but when it comes to buying your own things you wants guys to take care of you."

Chick leaves or asks the guy to leave.
Guy posts a thread about it on askmen.com and boredofstudies.org
i lol'd.

almost as funny as inserting a hard persplex tube into someone's anus.. threading barb wire in the middle and retracting the tube.

Evilo

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
i lol'd.

almost as funny as inserting a hard persplex tube into someone's anus.. threading barb wire in the middle and retracting the tube.
so thats how you do it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)