A massive win for bogans and middle class welfare (1 Viewer)

bio_nut

HSC
No, I'm referring to the post above where you make this exact statement.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
Well I guess most people are indoctrinated to the point where they believe that the road to happiness lies in keeping up with the Joneses. Not everybody thinks that the system has an obligation to support them.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
^ Wait, are you under the assumption that I'm lazy and unwilling to work or something? Not true. I'm saying that if work cannot be found, people deserve to be given the basics until they can find work. This is becoming inflated.
I see your reasoning in this but your whole political agenda of "being trapped in the system" and hating it but then feeding off of it seems pretty hypocritical. Going on thereafter to say that the system you hate is somehow obligated to keep you living a first world lifestyle but you would sooner see the back of it seems pretty ungrateful.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
lolsmith said:
I see your reasoning in this but your whole political agenda of "being trapped in the system" and hating it but then feeding off of it seems pretty hypocritical. Going on thereafter to say that the system you hate is somehow obligated to keep you living a first world lifestyle but you would sooner see the back of it seems pretty ungrateful.
Thanks. I see your point, and it does seem hypocritical. However, it is possible to live in the system and simultaneously be against the system. I would like to see it suffer and die, as people needn't live their lives in chains from the cradle to the grave, as the system promotes. Any system should be judged on how it treats its worst off citizens. Even if I were willing to conform, stand in line and fit the mold I would still be in a bullshit situation. The State doesn't give a fuck about me, and I won't give a fuck about it.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Thanks. I see your point, and it does seem hypocritical. However, it is possible to live in the system and simultaneously be against the system. I would like to see it suffer and die, as people needn't live their lives in chains from the cradle to the grave, as the system promotes. Any system should be judged on how it treats its worst off citizens. Even if I were willing to conform, stand in line and fit the mold I would still be in a bullshit situation. The State doesn't give a fuck about me, and I won't give a fuck about it.
Fair point.

I'm glad this didn't degenerate into a swear fest

aussie-boy

HSC
^ Wait, are you under the assumption that I'm lazy and unwilling to work or something? Not true. I'm saying that if work cannot be found, people deserve to be given the basics until they can find work. This is becoming inflated.
People don't inherently "deserve" free money - the Gov gives it to them for 2 reasons:
-An obligation to maintain a basic standard of living for all citizens
-In order to minimise crime

So rather people "need" to be given the basics - they have done nothing to earn or "deserve" this right

Secondly it is a fairly safe assumption that you're lazy and unwilling to work. You're a young guy, clearly with some education and living in a society with 5% unemployment. Woolies/Maccas/Coles would hire you straight away.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
hahah, come on man you can do better than this

if we didn't have such a HUGE amount of taxation in the first place there would be far more jobs and you wouldn't need as much welfare, AND the country would be more productive and thus prosperous to boot

HSC
oh wait you like electricity and computers and safety and whatnot okay

Edit: you arent forced to be part of the system

im sure no one would object to you living off the land in the bush
tell your family where you are so they can come visit you sometimes

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
oh wait you like electricity and computers and safety and whatnot okay

Edit: you arent forced to be part of the system

im sure no one would object to you living off the land in the bush
tell your family where you are so they can come visit you sometimes
Isn't this what you did

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)