A moral dilemma (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Have humans trully evolved? We still have primitive instincts that intrinsic in all of us but some are more hidden, the unconscience mind. E.g. When it becomes a matter of survival, you will see the revolting nature of humanity.

What dictates life or death, is it morals or money? Look at the world today and you tell me.
Yes, but this reality is not necessarily a projection of what is right. Just because society revolves around money instead of life, it doesn't mean it should.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
One cannot place a price tag on a person's life, there is no other identical to it.

I would do anything in my power to obtain that drug but I personally wouldn't resort to theft to do it.
Sadly today's society is run by profit and not morals and most people do put a life tag on someone's life. e.g. expensive medicines.

You say you would do anything to obtain that drug but you wouldnt steal it....thats not anything.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
A woman was near death from a special kind of cancer. There was one drug that the doctors thought might save her. It was a form of radium that a druggist in the same town had recently discovered. The drug was expensive to make, but the druggist was charging ten times what the drug cost him to produce. He paid $200 for the radium and charged $2,000 for a small dose of the drug. The sick woman's husband, Heinz, went to everyone he knew to borrow the money, but he could only get together about $ 1,000, which is half of what it cost. He told the druggist that his wife was dying and asked him to sell it cheaper or let him pay later. But the druggist said, "No, I discovered the drug and I'm going to make money from it." So Heinz got desperate and broke into the man's store to steal the drug for his wife.

Should Heinz have broken into the laboratory to steal the drug for his wife?

Why or why not?

There is no right or wrong answer, the justification you use to come to your conclusion is what is of interest.
He shouldn't have stolen it. The fact that it's efficient for the druggist to charge $2000 for it indicates there's a fairly scant supply of it at the moment, and anyone willing to pay $2000 is going to be in a similar position to Heinz's wife, if not worse. Unless Heinz is a complete piece of shit there's plenty of other avenues he could take to raise the other $1000 including taking out a second mortgage, hocking possessions at cash converters, visiting loan sharks, etc.

The other consideration is that if everyone steals new experimental drugs then next time the druggist isn't going to be fucked discovering them, and then nobody gets pie.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)