"A passport-sized photograph for your student card."....... (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Generator said:
Plus the $30 or so for a new concession sticker from the state transit office in the city. The bastards, making life more difficult and all.
Gawd... I thought the uni's got X-thousand of them and then had them spare just in case they get lost...? Stupid...

Generator said:
Picture your licence, but add another 7mm to the height and 5mm to the length (rough guess from past years).
Oh good a nice logical standard size to fit in the wallet :rolleyes:... Meh oh well..

Phanatical said:
I'll be investing in a plastic student card. Stupid fuckers are so behind the times
Yah. Just hope, when we go to get the new card from Fisher when we 'lose' the other one, that they don't give us another frigging laminated job instead of the decent card someone mentioned^^^...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Will a computer printout be fine or do I need to go to one of those passport photo booths?

chepas

HSC
That's what I intend doing... I had some done at the PO today but they turned out so shit (I had this black halo around my face.. hurrah for polaroid and lovely lighting) I thought I'll just give up and do that :mad:.

(Apart from that and the fact I look like I'm about to murder someone, judging by my face in the photo.)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
yeah, USYD seems ot have the dodgiest cards...not a big deal though
yeh i agree... i got thru the yr with a plastic laminated card...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The thing about plastic cards is that they are much easier to damage, much easier to forge, and don't fit into a normal wallet. If they brought in smart cards, then things would be a lot better. Especially since they couldn't cut your card at Union and SRC elections. Not even I was going to get my card cut to vote for me for SRC.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Yes, Usyd cards are 'behind the times' but are maintainable...though plastic ones would be better!

i do believe, but not 100% sure (more like 80%), that the Usyd Union is introducing a new 'smartcard' for all union members in 2005. I forgot exactly what this smartcard is for but i think it has discounts and other union related stuff on it...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'm surprised the University hasn't caught onto the plastic card idea yet. To put another person's photo on your student card, then have them sit your exams on your behalf is So much easier with laminated cards. Or you could sell your travel concession to somebody else. Or a number of other various things.

jellybeenz

HSC
With this photo thing? I have a passport sized photo of me but in the photo I happen to be drinking a can of coke... like there is a straw comign out of my mouth... Its the only one I've got and it is pretty decent (like shows my whole face). Do you think they'll let me use it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)