A Question of Legality. (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
Dear law students,

If we start a new news and politics forum that only allows informed comment, are we discriminating based on intelligence? And if so, is this illegal?

More to the point, should we care?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I don't think idiots are a protected species in any discrimination act. More so it is no more discriminating then government run selective schools so it would be fine.

I don't care if I'm not a law student I still answered =P

malkin86

HSC
However, surely if the law students remove themselves from the original News and Politics forum, in favour of a more elite BoS news and politics forum, that would mean that the rest of us would have no opportunity to be edified by your pearls of wisdom.

Generator

HSC
N/A
malkin86 said:
However, surely if the law students remove themselves from the original News and Politics forum, in favour of a more elite BoS news and politics forum, that would mean that the rest of us would have no opportunity to be edified by your pearls of wisdom.
Stop being such a suck :p.

Comrade nathan

HSC
If we start a new news and politics forum that only allows informed comment
That would leave you out.

ps i know he has blocked him, but seriously when has he ever contributed anything worth while? I couldn't see him lasting long in a elite news and politics board.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
My question is how do we determine an "idiot"? We could always ask neo, I suppose ...
Why we set the benchmark at about 15 notches above you of course:)

malkin86

HSC
Generator said:
Stop being such a suck :p.
What?
I think it would be horrible to lose all the people who are passionate enough about politics and law to study it to an elite forum. I am merely a hobbyist in these matters, so I learn something new, interesting, and occasionally pertinent ;) from many different viewpoints every time I visit. We learn from our betters.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Personally Rorix a good system to follow would to be to go back and conduct all threads the old school maths way.

Though this colour is slightly off it needs to be fixed, we just need to present issues that everyone finds so boring that they pass over, while we discuss real issues underneath, I don't think they have mastered the art of quoting yet so it shouldn't be a problem, considering it also blends in well with direct quotes as chosen by the "quote message in reply?" box. Comment tags also work and are only visible when quoting however we could go to ROT13 encoding (removed link, if you cant find one you need help)

Last edited:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Wonderful weather isn't it.

Not that I have anything to add =p
Rorix: your thread reminds me of a nice quote:
"The Army has carried the American ... ideal to its logical conclusion. Not only do they prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, creed and color, but also on ability."

:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh come on asquithian, most of my parents employee's (rather illegally) would rather work for 2 weeks out of the 4 and make the extra cash then have a full 4 weeks off...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
oh no i don't think that's the solution at all, I just doubt the cries for ' more time off!!! ' are really about getting more time to yourself....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Argonaut said:
Hey, I only do that in NS! If i do it here, it's purely unintentional.
Sure it is.
note that white is far more effective in concealing things since the layout change

ohne

HSC
Asquithian said:
I also believe the HR Nichols society wants to take away the min wage...
There is an interesting piece on this done by the freedom institute based in Ireland (a right wing think-tank). You can view it here:

http://www.freedominst.org/minimumwage.php

The minimum wage should not be treated as something that is of huge benefit to those at the bottom wage earners. Yes it does increase people's wages at the bottom, but it also increases the rate of unemployment.

Last edited:

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Asquithian said:
I believe in such of time of propersity there should be a base wage. Employers suggesting they cant employ people, in such times we are hardly in the depression, at a very low base wage but rather below it, is a bit rich.
There should be no award for under 18's though and IMO it should then progressively increase until it hits the award at 21 (as it does now)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)