a study guide or plan (1 Viewer)

steph xx

HSC
yeah i need one
successful students; how did you do it?

kcqn93

HSC
do a subject until you feel satisfied with what you've done and then move on

i spent the summer holidays doing nothing but maths... i was never satisfied... hahaha

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
timetables simply don't work for the most of us

study a subject you enjoy studying or are motivated to study/improve in

random-1006

Banned
HSC
i did as much math as possible, and as little english as possible :p, lol i didnt get 99.95 but i wasnt after that.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
i did as much math as possible, and as little english as possible :p, lol i didnt get 99.95 but i wasnt after that.
english cost you dearly in terms of atar ahahah

random-1006

Banned
HSC
english cost you dearly in terms of atar ahahah

big deal, i got into the course i wanted, thats all that matters, besides what does a rediculously high atar do, you are a bit of a name on BOS, but thats it, wow, i lol at people that are like (" i got 100 UAI in the 2005 hsc (or even 2008 hsc) "), honestly its history.

From what my school teachers said at the end of yr 12 ( and this is very true), in one years time after your hsc no one will give a shit about your atar, it merely acts a way of differentiating people for uni, NOTHING ELSE

Last edited:

steph xx

HSC
i'm not a fanatical student; i'm not aiming for an impossible ATAR of 99.95 but i would really, really love to do well; it would keep my options open for university and i'd rather get into good study habits now, rather than later (the beginning of year twelve)

bouncing

HSC
i'm not a fanatical student; i'm not aiming for an impossible ATAR of 99.95 but i would really, really love to do well; it would keep my options open for university and i'd rather get into good study habits now, rather than later (the beginning of year twelve)
always do the hardest things first seriously.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
big deal, i got into the course i wanted, thats all that matters, besides what does a rediculously high atar do, you are a bit of a name on BOS, but thats it, wow, i lol at people that are like (" i got 100 UAI in the 2005 hsc (or even 2008 hsc) "), honestly its history.

From what my school teachers said at the end of yr 12 ( and this is very true), in one years time after your hsc no one will give a shit about your atar, it merely acts a way of differentiating people for uni, NOTHING ELSE
relax.. i wasn't attacking you

Besides, whether you like it or not, and this has been stated by various career advisors, the ATAR/UAI is a more accurate measure on an equal playing field across the state; where this particularly is important as firms/employers looks to differentiate you from others. It's difficult to measure credits within say USYD to a distinction with UWS. Whether you like it or not, the ATAR will always come into consideration, albeit an almost unnoticeable one - it still holds relative importance.

random-1006

Banned
HSC
relax.. i wasn't attacking you

Besides, whether you like it or not, and this has been stated by various career advisors, the ATAR/UAI is a more accurate measure on an equal playing field across the state; where this particularly is important as firms/employers looks to differentiate you from others. It's difficult to measure credits within say USYD to a distinction with UWS. Whether you like it or not, the ATAR will always come into consideration, albeit an almost unnoticeable one - it still holds relative importance.

lol careers advisors are wankers, teachers have credability, my career advisor last year, total idiot, the guy kept talking out of his ass making up tons of stories and saying he makes $100 000/ year, he drove around in a shitbox car lol.

the most recent ( the uni results) will be considered when applying for jobs, when you are doing something that you want to do, and your marks are not being severly brought down by a subject that you dont like/ didnt want to do

by the way, a uni syd credit rips uws distinction anyday lol

Last edited:

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
lol careers advisors are wankers, teachers have credability, my career advisor last year, total idiot, the guy kept talking out of his ass making up tons of stories and saying he makes $100 000/ year, he drove around in a shitbox car lol.
If it matters at all, the "career advisor" is also an Economics teacher of 60+ yrs of age; and i'm also certain that she has considerable experience in this field as well as having multiple children employed within the "big four"

the most recent ( the uni results) will be considered when applying for jobs, when you are doing something that you want to do, and your marks are not being severly brought down by a subject that you dont like/ didnt want to do
This is true. However, like i said, high school results also do come into play when need be.

by the way, a uni syd credit rips uws distinction anyday lol
well obviously lol, that's why i mentioned it in my example

random-1006

Banned
HSC
If it matters at all, the "career advisor" is also an Economics teacher of 60+ yrs of age; and i'm also certain that she has considerable experience in this field as well as having multiple children employed within the "big four"

This is true. However, like i said, high school results also do come into play when need be.

well obviously lol, that's why i mentioned it in my example

lol, in that 0.00000000001% chance, trust me, if they see like a 95 and a 97-99, EVERYTHING else ( well most things) would be compared before resorting to atars, and even if they compare atars they would have some leniency, i think they will realise that my english put me at a servere disadvantage, and if its for work that doesnt require english scholars ( engineering) i think they wont care that much.

Its not that im illiterate, im reasonably good at writting factual, scientific reports, just im not good at making up perfect short stories or essays about something im not really interested in. The hsc english syllabus might be reasonably good at testing ones communication skills, but there are still flaws in it ( you are never tested on report writting, i realise this is a really hard thing to test, but in the real world you communicate with reports, NOT essays. )

and a unsw pass beats all of them XD lol

Last edited:

HSC
Uni Grad
timetables simply don't work for the most of us

study a subject you enjoy studying or are motivated to study/improve in
heh agreed...
I usually only study for a subject if I have to, otherwise I just don't bother, especially in preliminary, where the marks don't count (though I still have to do well because my parents pressure me, though I do agree with them with regards to Mathematics :p) to your HSC.

hscishard

HSC
Maths and physics. LOL. I'm gonna give up on physics.
I've been reading the prescribed texts for english. But that isn't really studying

shaon0

HSC
It's a good idea to get started in yr 11 as opposed to yr 12. (And the ppl who did well in my school in yr 11, generally did well in yr 12). You could try a timetable, i tried it but couldn't stick to a solid regime. Try to allocate most of your time to subjects you like and less to others. People my contradict my point and say; "It's better to study subjects you hate as you'll be able to gain more marks..." but there's no point in studying a subject you hate. And biggest thing is to relax, even during trials and HSC. So, if you don't feel like studying, don't study and vice-versa. btw, What ATAR do you want?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)