Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Programs where the abos are paid to go to tafe/educational institutions is a good start, instead of just giving them the moneh.

boris

Banned
HSC
fernando said:
Programs where the abos are paid to go to tafe/educational institutions is a good start, instead of just giving them the moneh.
Yeah but then i think why do they all get it? You can live on the north shore but say your 1/16th abo you still can get it? Why aren't i black :(?

sthcross.dude

HSC
boris said:
Yeah but then i think why do they all get it? You can live on the north shore but say your 1/16th abo you still can get it? Why aren't i black :(?
Exactly. I'm all for helping disadvantaged people through education.

But why base the criteria for receiving said help on race?

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
boris said:

It's not fair at all, but if it influences them to actually work and get educated then i guess it's better than nothing? may as well give them money for doing something than nothing.

people who abuse the system like that are so frkn effed up! should be the abos who are under the poverty line, not the bastards who milk the government. i hate that... it only further gives aboriginals a sh1ttier reputation.

nonetheless the whole system is a lil corrupted, but they gotta do what they gotta do. -shrug-

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
sthcross.dude said:
Exactly. I'm all for helping disadvantaged people through education.

But why base the criteria for receiving said help on race?
This article I read in the Australian Medical Journal pissed me off.

This chick/dude (can't remember) was raving on about "affirmative action" and how she was the only Aborigine to get a PhD in Medical Statistics or something, and she only did this because she was able to get scholarships for Aboriginals.

And then she's like "I'm multicultural, I have British, Asian and Aboriginal in me. My grandmother is the only Aboriginal lineage"

I'm like WTF?

philosopher23

HSC
katie tully said:
And then she's like "I'm multicultural, I have British, Asian and Aboriginal in me. My grandmother is the only Aboriginal lineage"

I'm like WTF?
I guess in these circumstances there is no "right" solution. Whatever the government decides to do will DEFINITLY not be supported by 100% of the Australian population.
But I do believe that its very wrong to classify Aborigines as a people who "don't know that rape is illegal" Yeah, because its only Aboriginals who rape people or have drug problems. Look around. Turn on the television. Climb out from under your rock, get off your high horse and realise that people who do things like rape, drugs, thieve are in ALL CULTURES. If you havent realised this, you should go back home to your mother.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
philosopher23 said:
I guess in these circumstances there is no "right" solution. Whatever the government decides to do will DEFINITLY not be supported by 100% of the Australian population.
But I do believe that its very wrong to classify Aborigines as a people who "don't know that rape is illegal" Yeah, because its only Aboriginals who rape people or have drug problems. Look around. Turn on the television. Climb out from under your rock, get off your high horse and realise that people who do things like rape, drugs, thieve are in ALL CULTURES. If you havent realised this, you should go back home to your mother.
Yeah cool story dude, take your little morality rants elsewhere. Nobody gives a shit.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
And it's not about saying that 'all aboriginals are rapists'.

Of course there are rapists in every society. Generally they know what they're doing is wrong, but don't give a shit. It's a different story when you're that retarded, you honestly claim that you 'didnt know rape was illegal'.

Fuck off.

philosopher23

HSC
katie tully said:
And it's not about saying that 'all aboriginals are rapists'.

Of course there are rapists in every society. Generally they know what they're doing is wrong, but don't give a shit. It's a different story when you're that retarded, you honestly claim that you 'didnt know rape was illegal'.

Fuck off.
Wow! How original. Thankyou for correcting my opinion.
:D I just love to know how wrong I am in my unfortunate view of this thread. Anything else to add to that master piece of a retort?:D

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
philosopher23 said:
Wow! How original. Thankyou for correcting my opinion.
:D I just love to know how wrong I am in my unfortunate view of this thread. Anything else to add to that master piece of a retort?:D
Nah that was it. Glad to see you took it on board though.

Shibby.........

HSC
N/A
First of all, all of you people are arguing about a very contentious issue in our society. The funding of aboriginals is always a nasty spot. However, I do not believe that they should be cut off from the government. It may be true that the government is not directly responsible, however is dose not mean that it should not take some responsibility and help out people who lost their culture and traditions by not being able to pass them onto the next generation.

Just think about it for a moment, what if you lost all of you australian culture, no outback Australia, no lamigtons or kirks soft drink, no beach. WShat do you think would happen?

This is what happened to the the aboriginals and now in the people, their is a black void, of nothingness where there was something to fill in the blanks.

One other thing. Swearing and calling people names becouse you disagree with their views and opinions and views dose not bring your point across. It just makes you look stupid.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Just think about it for a moment, what if you lost all of you australian culture, no outback Australia, no lamigtons or kirks soft drink, no beach. WShat do you think would happen?
lol, nothing?

This is what happened to the the aboriginals and now in the people, their is a black void, of nothingness where there was something to fill in the blanks.
Explain how this has any effect on those who have been born within the last, I don't know, 70 years? Or even 30?

hpdanemma

HSC
katie tully said:
Explain how this has any effect on those who have been born within the last, I don't know, 70 years? Or even 30?
Heritage and the actions of past generations is extremely important to many cultures, Aboriginals being one of them. It would upset me to know that my grandparents, or even people of my nationality, were heavily discriminated agaist and treated like animals based on their lifestyle and beliefs. And suddenly [and it is suddenly] legislation is put into place and we supposedly have the same rights yada yada. Anyway, I just don't think you should totally dismiss effects of the stolen generation...
And I really agree that schemes to get individuals working and earning money for themselves is WAY more effective than handing out payments...The problem is that these things are voluntary[not that I think they shouldn't be]. Maybe if you 'do something wrong', you have to attend some kind of education program? Hmm they probably have something like that already in place.

Shibby.........

HSC
N/A
hpdanemma said:
Heritage and the actions of past generations is extremely important to many cultures, Aboriginals being one of them. It would upset me to know that my grandparents, or even people of my nationality, were heavily discriminated agaist and treated like animals based on their lifestyle and beliefs. And suddenly [and it is suddenly] legislation is put into place and we supposedly have the same rights yada yada. Anyway, I just don't think you should totally dismiss effects of the stolen generation...
And I really agree that schemes to get individuals working and earning money for themselves is WAY more effective than handing out payments...The problem is that these things are voluntary[not that I think they shouldn't be]. Maybe if you 'do something wrong', you have to attend some kind of education program? Hmm they probably have something like that already in place.
I agree totally.

Hopefully in the near future, things like this will exist.

philosopher23

HSC
John Oliver said:
Thanks for your stunning lack of any addition to the thread 09
hehehe...because we definitely said nothing of interest. Where is your recent contribution? As one person said and in the most affectionate way: Moron.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)