• don't care

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Sometimes, playing Devil's Advocate is the best way to formulate a balanced and fair position on an issue. That's one of my biggest strengths - to understand all sides of the issue. That's why I'm always right.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Sometimes, playing Devil's Advocate is the best way to formulate a balanced and fair position on an issue. That's one of my biggest strengths - to understand all sides of the issue. That's why I'm always right.
You have to be kidding.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Phanatical said:
Phanatical said:
Murder is the premeditated, wilful killing of a human life.
withoutaface said:
[comment]you're my playground lover[/comment]

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
bittersweet_em said:
- you get a reeeeeeeally loose pussy and no guy is going to want to have sex with u
- guys your age aren't going to want to date a single mum
- if the baby can't fit out they have to snip it (extreme pain)
- you have to wait to get your degree unless you can afford full time child care
- you can't go travelling EVER EVER

You. Fucking. Moron.

If I were to fall pregant, I'd keep the baby. That said, it's my opinion - I wouldn't want someone who knew nothing of my circumstances judging me as a 'young mum' anymore than someone who, given the same situation, chooses aborition. It's a personal decision and one that nobody should have the right to make for you.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Can I also add, the consant referal to rape induced pregancies. Do you realise that the number of rape victims that actually fall pregant from the violation is actually extremley small? It is a vaild point, but bloody hell - stop falling back on the age old example would you?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
I believe men suffer just as much, I'm female and sorry but it takes two to make a baby therefore they should have a say. Young girls shouldnt be sleeping around anyway dont have sex if u cant live up to the consequences sorry. Tony Abbott is the only one sticking his head out there i say good on him go Tony!!

I've worked on Labor Ward/Birthing Unit - perhaps I should take you on a tour sometime and show you just how much those poor men suffer in comparrison to those whinny women. Let me tell you, they aren't screaming every 2 minutes for 12 hours because they want some KFC.

HSC
White Rabbit said:
Can I also add, the consant referal to rape induced pregancies. Do you realise that the number of rape victims that actually fall pregant from the violation is actually extremley small? It is a vaild point, but bloody hell - stop falling back on the age old example would you?
It's a nice tidy example which represents a number of situations where the woman clearly doesn't want to keep the baby, didn't decide to have it in the first place, and puts it out there in a way that's fairly difficult for anyone to say "ha ha, she should have thought about it first!".

I think it's more useful as a tidy way of referring to unwanted pregnancies without paving the way for rebuttals regarding the consequences of sex, rather than as an actual example of an instance where abortion can be seen as appropriate (Which of course it is, though the former usage is more beneficial).

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
It's a nice tidy example which represents a number of situations where the woman clearly doesn't want to keep the baby, didn't decide to have it in the first place, and puts it out there in a way that's fairly difficult for anyone to say "ha ha, she should have thought about it first!".

I think it's more useful as a tidy way of referring to unwanted pregnancies without paving the way for rebuttals regarding the consequences of sex, rather than as an actual example of an instance where abortion can be seen as appropriate (Which of course it is, though the former usage is more beneficial).
I agree, it is. And I know it happens - I've looked after a rape victim who went through with her pregancy and gave birth (she was only 17 aswell). But it seems everyones debate around pro-choice (on this board) is to say 'what about rape victims', and the ammount of times it's used is ridiculously high given that it rarley happens.

I personally believe it's a personal choice - and the pro-lifers main argument is 'well the bible says..' and reglion should never enter politics (yeah....right) - but the only issue I see is, when does the foetus stop being part of the women and start being an entity with legal rights? I mean, I don't agree with a 39 week abortion, the legality of the issue aside, the foetus is a fully developed baby.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Re: Are you for "Eight Six"?

I don't think we'll ever understand.

Maybe it's because we're not woman and can't fall pregnant and therefore not allowed to discuss this anyway.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
I don't think we'll ever understand.

Maybe it's because we're not woman and can't fall pregnant and therefore not allowed to discuss this anyway.
thats where you are wrong, we may not fall pregnant, but the baby will still affect us.
Its very personal relationship problem, that needs to be dealt with in a personal manner. A woman cannot and shouldnt take decision on her own, without discussion to her close ones. Otherwise you might yourself, people going mad - killin babies.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

HotShot said:
thats where you are wrong, we may not fall pregnant, but the baby will still affect us.
Its very personal relationship problem, that needs to be dealt with in a personal manner. A woman cannot and shouldnt take decision on her own, without discussion to her close ones. Otherwise you might yourself, people going mad - killin babies.
WHEN U CAN FALL PREGNANT THEN U CAN COMMENT OK CHAUVANIST PIG???

transcendent

HSC
N/A

are there any employment opportunities as an executioner in Australia?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC

TerrbleSpellor said:
How come the left is opposed to the killing of guilty adults, but is for the killing of innocent unborn children?
Who said the left was ever against the killing of guilty adults? In any case have you taught your self what 'the left' actually is?

davin

HSC
N/A

i'm gonna guess that assumption was based off the lack of capital punishment

musik_junky

HSC
White Rabbit said:
the pro-lifers main argument is 'well the bible says..'
erm...this has NOTHING to do with religion - it's just common sense that the foetus is a living thing. Look at the science - by 4 weeks after fertilisation the foetus has eyes, a beating heart, a central nervous system and infact the part of the brain that controls consciousness is identifiable by this stage. Keep religion out of this.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
>> In any case have you taught your self what 'the left' actually is?
You continue to use it like you know what it actually means. Clearly you don't. Left wingism isn't exactly against killing adults who break the law. Communist China and other left wing dictatorships happen to quite like the death penality. I think you are getting left wing confused with libertarian views. I don't think anyone is surprised anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)