Abortion (1 Viewer)

matsing

HSC
It should be the choice of girl/ women whether they want an abortion or not.

matsing

HSC
READ THIS:
One of the most common arguments against allowing people to have abortion is it is a person (like you and me) as sson as fertilization occurs. For that I put the following scenario, at an IVF clinic 1000s of fertilizations have been, one of the lab technician brings his 1 year old child in to work and leaves him in the lab and goes out for a smoke. There is a gas tank explosion and the clinic is on fire. The fire fighter goes in and has time to only take out one thing, a container holding all the 1000s of fertilized eggs or the child. Which one should he take? For the people who say that abortions shouldn't be performed because it is a person immediately after fertilization, the choice seems obvious, right? For them isn't is saving a 1000 people vs. 1?

yahyah123

HSC
I'm pro. If you wanna have one, have one! It's better than little chavs running around with parents who couldn't look after and raise them effectively.

yahyah123

HSC
READ THIS:
One of the most common arguments against allowing people to have abortion is it is a person (like you and me) as sson as fertilization occurs. For that I put the following scenario, at an IVF clinic 1000s of fertilizations have been, one of the lab technician brings his 1 year old child in to work and leaves him in the lab and goes out for a smoke. There is a gas tank explosion and the clinic is on fire. The fire fighter goes in and has time to only take out one thing, a container holding all the 1000s of fertilized eggs or the child. Which one should he take? For the people who say that abortions shouldn't be performed because it is a person immediately after fertilization, the choice seems obvious, right? For them isn't is saving a 1000 people vs. 1?
Can't guarantee that those 1000 eggs would have had gone full-term within a pregnancy though :p A fertilised egg, which has not been inserted into a women's uterus can not feel, sense things etc. whereas a 1 year old child can. This is a stupid analogy... :haha:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't guarantee that those 1000 eggs would have had gone full-term within a pregnancy though :p A fertilised egg, which has not been inserted into a women's uterus can not feel, sense things etc. whereas a 1 year old child can. This is a stupid analogy... :haha:
Neither can a fertilised egg inside a uterus???

I'm pro-abortion; everyone should get an abortion always 5eva.

Smileandshine

HSC
i don't think it's black and white. Like abortion is good or bad. I think it depends on the situation.

HSC
N/A
I personally think the christian argument that "life begins at conception" is irrelevant to whether abortion should be permitted or not. It's sad that some countries use it as the basis of their anti-abortion laws. Just because you don't want an abortion, doesn't mean you have a right to stop others from having one.

There are other factors that are completely ignored. If you don't have the capacity to raise a child, maybe it's better to just not have one. If I had an insane drug habit and can't even look after myself, why would I drag someone else into the world to suffer with me? It's selfish.

Lina3

HSC
I do not believe there is one single answer to this. Each case has its own story and possible repercussions and it is futile to try and group everyone who has an abortion being either 'right' or 'wrong' by going ahead with it. At the end of the day, it is a deeply personal choice and as long as abortion is an option, few people will want to heed the advice of complete strangers (ie religious groups etc) on how to live their lives.
However, I don't know about others but personally, it would be hard for me to have that on my conscience. Even though there is still a debate about whether abortion is a form of murder, I think I would feel like a murderess regardless.

HSC
lol abortion is a form of murder

I guess so is removing cancerous tumours...

u neva know

day cud become a real boyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!11111

HSC
N/A
I do not believe there is one single answer to this. Each case has its own story and possible repercussions and it is futile to try and group everyone who has an abortion being either 'right' or 'wrong' by going ahead with it. At the end of the day, it is a deeply personal choice and as long as abortion is an option, few people will want to heed the advice of complete strangers (ie religious groups etc) on how to live their lives.
However, I don't know about others but personally, it would be hard for me to have that on my conscience. Even though there is still a debate about whether abortion is a form of murder, I think I would feel like a murderess regardless.
I think the single answer to this is to give people the option of it. Then they can decide for themselves whether they want one or not. That way, everyone wins ^_^

Not trying to be religion bashing, but I reckon it's all control. Don't do this, don't do that. What harm is there if someone used contraception? What harm is there if I wanted an abortion? Does it hurt anyone? It's my foetus, it's growing in me, so if any religious body thinks they can dictate whatever I wanna do with my body... they can go screw themselves.

Terrorists can manipulate passages in texts to justify their actions, so what makes people think that their religious body can't do the same? It's all interpretation. Not sure about you guys, but I certainly wouldn't be listening to an interpretation of a text that was written hundreds of years ago during a context where women were treated as scum. The people who are making these interpretation (i'm willing to guess) are 70 year old men who couldn't care less for the welfare of women.

"Pregnancy is 99% likely to kill you? Well, according to this document written 4820349384 years ago, you should probably try keeping the baby and die. You don't wanna be, like, a murderer or something"
Sounds ridiculous to me.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
There was actually an experiment done with third year Harvard med students where they were given fifty images of cancer cells and fetuses and told to identify which was which. The students had something like a 40% success rate.

matsing

HSC
No they aren't.

Stopped reading here. Hated you instantly.
u seemvery masogonistic. why are you trying to control what women do with their bodies? its none of your business. if you are a women and get pregnant, it should be 100% ur choice on what you want to do.

matsing

HSC
The debate, as people interpret it, is pro-abortion v. anti-abortion. When in reality this not the debate on that matter, but rather on whether women have the right to do what they wish with THEIR body or not. If we ask, where does the anti-abortion view stem from? It stems from religion. Well I put this forth, how can the vatican be against abortion when none of their senior or medium leadership is women. How can they make such a statement.

Last edited:

will90211

HSC
I support Abortion in theory. Wether I do in practice is circumstantial to each woman/partner/husband's circumstance and is also regulated by the fairness/effectives of the laws of land which moderate abortion.

SherlockHolmes

HSC
The debate, as people interpret it, is pro-abortion v. anti-abortion. When in reality this not the debate on that matter, but rather on whether women have the right to do what they wish with THEIR body or not. If we ask, where does the anti-abortion view stem from? It stems from religion. Well I put this forth, how can the vatican be against abortion when none of their senior or medium leadership is women. How can they make such a statement.
I agree and in actuality, the bible does not mention abortion at all - simply that you should not kill a pregnant women.
Anti-abortion is simply followed ignorant people, lack of education, skewed morals and men who want to still retain power over women, especially their wives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)