• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated Extension 2 maths? (2 Viewers)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
But even if you have to do it again, you'd know all the course content. You'd basically just need a bit of skill refining...plus, why not give it a shot? You might get 95+
Why not? Because he's doing pure maths at USyd now. 'Sif he's going back to the HSC. :p

FinalFantasy

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
We're members of the Benefactors group.
what's that "Benefactors group"
how do u join that "group" or make ur own lol

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Why not? Because he's doing pure maths at USyd now. 'Sif he's going back to the HSC. :p
Same. Even though I'm not happy about my result and will probably miss out on maths SSP for semester one, I'd go to uni rather than another year of HSC.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
what's that "Benefactors group"
how do u join that "group" or make ur own lol
You can't make your own - that's for Lazarus and the admin to do.
To join, you have to apply at User CP > Group Memberships > Benefactors > Join Group.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Templar said:
Same. Even though I'm not happy about my result and will probably miss out on maths SSP for semester one, I'd go to uni rather than another year of HSC.
Not happy with your result? Didn't you get in the high 90s?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Templar said:
You got a better chance than I do:p

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
withoutaface said:
You got a better chance than I do:p
I'm one UAI below you, while my ext 2 mark is better it is still below the cutoff, and I've heard that they focus more on HSC/UAI than other stuff.

Oh well, we'll both stay in the advanced stream until hopefully our invitation in semester 2.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
so admins can start their own clans and stuff?
No. They don't create private clans/groups (or whatever you might like to call them). Lazarus only recently created a group for BoSers who have contributed to the BoS community effectively and who have helped others - it's basically to recognise these people.

Captain pi

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I'm assuming he/she was in the top 10 for Ext 1 then...

Btw. Are you repeating either of Ext 1 and Ext 2? - I got 48/50 accelerating Ext 1, but the guys at my school (apart from FinalFantasy) scoff when I even suggest repeating it... + coz of the rounding I'm not sure whether my 48/50 equates to 95, 96 ot 97 although I think the latter is unlikely.
Casey John Hadmer, Scots College; no, he does not appear on the Top Achievers' List.

I am not repeating either 15250 or 15260, my disappointing results notwithstanding.

I don't know if I would do any better, to be honest. :(

Ohh, repeating Extension 1 ...? I did study hard for 15260, but not for 15250; Extension 2 does help your Extension 1 mark, however. I don't know if I repeated it I would achieve a higher mark. There isn't much margin of error and UAC only takes your last result.

Still, I can't see you getting a much lower mark than what you did after repeating the course.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Captain pi said:
Casey John Hadmer, Scots College; no, he does not appear on the Top Achievers' List.

I am not repeating either 15250 or 15260, my disappointing results notwithstanding.

I don't know if I would do any better, to be honest. :(

Ohh, repeating Extension 1 ...? I did study hard for 15260, but not for 15250; Extension 2 does help your Extension 1 mark, however. I don't know if I repeated it I would achieve a higher mark. There isn't much margin of error and UAC only takes your last result.

Still, I can't see you getting a much lower mark than what you did after repeating the course.
I wish BOS changed the rules i.e. take the highest mark, and not the latest... nothing to lose - that'd be perfect. But I'll most probably keep my 95-97, since I did fudge a couple of marks in Q7 (but by the same token, there were about 3 or 4 marks that I should've got that I didn't - I can't do anything about it though...) :(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If I were you, Rench, I'd redo ME1. But I don't mind taking risks like that.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
If I were you, Rench, I'd redo ME1. But I don't mind taking risks like that.
I'm 50/50 with the risk, but the guys at my school (not to mention my teacher) would think I was crazy to do it again...
I guess I could just train all of my focus onto ME2 and try to get 95-96 in that, which I'd be quite happy with.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm. Good point.

BTW, why the sudden determination to get 96? I thought you were wondering whether you should even keep 4 unit earlier?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Hmm. Good point.

BTW, why the sudden determination to get 96? I thought you were wondering whether you should even keep 4 unit earlier?
Hehe.
True true :p
First I wanted to determine whether it was worth me doing it in the first place. However, once I decide to do a subject, whether it's SOR or ME2, I like to aim high + when I was asking for advice as to whether to do it or not, I was quite new to the subject. But having done Integration and some Conics during the hols, I now feel more confident esp. since a raw mark of 75/120 might get me a Band 6...

Btw. you might say I have a fickle mind at times :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
No, I can relate to that. It's always good to aim high.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
is there such thing as an accelerated extension 2 maths class?
any of u people did it?
in our X2 class we have 5 year 12s, 3 year 11s, 1 year 9 (who is meant to be in year 7, but is accelerated 2 years for all his subjects, except for maths, where he is accelerated 5 years).
yeah he is a freak. he has been doing all those maths comps for year 12 students for years and constantly gets HDs, as well as coming first in the state every year for his own division.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Sphyx said:
yeah he is a freak. he has been doing all those maths comps for year 12 students for years and constantly gets HDs, as well as coming first in the state every year for his own division.
Good on him! It's great to see highly gifted people like that being given opportunities.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Sphyx said:
Hmm...can I ask who he is?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)