• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated maths anyone? (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
shaon0 said:
Moderated
hey so me and my mate got the highest marks in the trials with 92% and 93% RAW and our teacher specifically said that it was MUCH HARDER than the hsc exams to date. So if we had a really gay exam and we scored that, would that be like 99, 100?

shaon0

HSC
addikaye03 said:
hey so me and my mate got the highest marks in the trials with 92% and 93% RAW and our teacher specifically said that it was MUCH HARDER than the hsc exams to date. So if we had a really gay exam and we scored that, would that be like 99, 100?
I don't know. Depends how hard your exams are.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah, trials are usually harder than the HSC, which was probably the case for our maths trials too, i got 107.5 (3rd :D) soo technically i should get a pretty decent score for the HSC but unfortunately i think i'm worse right now compared to when i did my trials

shaon0

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
yeah, trials are usually harder than the HSC, which was probably the case for our maths trials too, i got 107.5 (3rd :D) soo technically i should get a pretty decent score for the HSC but unfortunately i think i'm worse right now compared to when i did my trials
lol...107.5 how did you get the .5? I thought they took off the half marks.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
2008 cssa was little easy this year. I got 119/120 in that but since it was easy..not a very good indicator of how I will go in HSC...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
2008 cssa was little easy this year. I got 119/120 in that but since it was easy..not a very good indicator of how I will go in HSC...
lol probably the same difficulty so expect a 119 :uhhuh: i wuda made more than 1 mark of silly mistakes probably
and btw- that was the first test for ages i beat that aerath guy for maths :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
lol probably the same difficulty so expect a 119 :uhhuh: i wuda made more than 1 mark of silly mistakes probably
and btw- that was the first test for ages i beat that aerath guy for maths :D
That means you have improved! I will be honest too.

I actually have given up my first rank to my mate in my accelerated class. That guy was absolutely genius in maths, especially 2 unit. He was getting 99% overall just before the trials with me following him with 96%. There was seriously no way I could beat that guy overall even considering cssa because cssa was 40% and I needed to get exactly 7 marks more (that's a huge mark) out of 120 in that paper. I ended up with 119/120 and he got 112/120. That was such a lucky day. That exam was the first exam in 2 unit that I beat him. (I beat him in 3 unit though). And that was the first time that I got over him overall in maths in the last 5 years of my year - no one beat him in maths from yr 7 to early yr 11.

But that guy will probably beat me in HSC because he just knows all the questions that get in his way (exactly like lolokay). He just made so many silly errors.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
but he still beat me overall =(
haha, that guy that u beat must b saad

goodluck in beating him in HSC, and u'd need that for ur state ranking!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
but he still beat me overall =(
haha, that guy that u beat must b saad

goodluck in beating him in HSC, and u'd need that for ur state ranking!!
Nah, probably not. He will definitely get a state rank. He will definitely come either first in the state or top 5 in the state. He is strong with q10 & 9. If given enough time, he is a guy who can solve any question. I mean, that guy solved the bloody bird and rock question on fitzy that not many people can solve if any 09ers. Only people who have solved that are lolokay and my mate.

On top of that, my mate has been getting prize money from wespec every year $50 from yr 7 to yr 10 where he was placed 0.2% of the applicants. And oh yeah, he got 99 for maths school certificate in yr 9 - that's quite freaky.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
Nah, probably not. He will definitely get a state rank. He will definitely come either first in the state or top 5 in the state. He is strong with q10 & 9. If given enough time, he is a guy who can solve any question. I mean, that guy solved the bloody bird and rock question on fitzy that not many people can solve if any 09ers. Only people who have solved that are lolokay and my mate.

On top of that, my mate has been getting prize money from wespec every year $50 from yr 7 to yr 10 where he was placed 0.2% of the applicants. And oh yeah, he got 99 for maths school certificate in yr 9 - that's quite freaky.
lol, impressive although i dont know wat this bird and rock questions is :S

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
lol, impressive although i dont know wat this bird and rock questions is :S
it's from 3 unit fitzy. Someone actually posted it on bos and no one could do it basically...i had absolutely no clue - at least I know something once I get question but this is an exception.

My friend did it ..for fun... apparently by using projectile motion method but lolokay used different approach which was using displacement formula and other physics formulas.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
lyounamu said:
it's from 3 unit fitzy. Someone actually posted it on bos and no one could do it basically...i had absolutely no clue - at least I know something once I get question but this is an exception.

My friend did it ..for fun... apparently by using projectile motion method but lolokay used different approach which was using displacement formula and other physics formulas.
i guess i'll see it next yr then and i'm prepared to fail it, i'll get ready for it

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Timothy.Siu said:
i guess i'll see it next yr then and i'm prepared to fail it, i'll get ready for it
I reckon I can get to the level of doing that question without using other formulas by next term - hopefully. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)