Accepting a late round offer? (1 Viewer)

blurp

HSC
haven't made my decision yet if i want to take up the late round offer.. but main round and late offers are both from diff universities, can i accept late round offer and still have my main round one or will that cancel/terminate? Thanks.

Dylanamali

HSC
because they are from different institutions you should accept both.. then once you make up your mind, cancel one.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I'd accept both. If you're really undecided, I'd suggest picking the one that you're leaning more towards and then deferring or suspending your enrolment at the other institution. That way, if next year you decide you've picked the wrong thing, you can always have that other course as a backup.

I wish I had done this last year. I accepted my main round and didn't even consider changing my preferences for late round, though I was still hesitant about my degree choice. This year I actually tried transferring (through UAC) to what was my second preference last year (and what I would have easily got in with using my ATAR), but I actually didn't get in this year. So I'm kicking myself for not doing that last year. Anyway, that's what I'd suggest. Best of luck!

blurp

HSC
I'd accept both. If you're really undecided, I'd suggest picking the one that you're leaning more towards and then deferring or suspending your enrolment at the other institution. That way, if next year you decide you've picked the wrong thing, you can always have that other course as a backup.

I wish I had done this last year. I accepted my main round and didn't even consider changing my preferences for late round, though I was still hesitant about my degree choice. This year I actually tried transferring (through UAC) to what was my second preference last year (and what I would have easily got in with using my ATAR), but I actually didn't get in this year. So I'm kicking myself for not doing that last year. Anyway, that's what I'd suggest. Best of luck!
That actually sounds like a great idea! but I thought one of the requirements for deferring an offer was that we weren't allowed to undertake any study elsewhere during the year of deferral.. if this isn't the case I might do that

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Oh ok, I'm not sure, maybe check with the institution.

I have a friend who started a degree at UOW, has transferred to UNSW for this year but suspended her degree at UOW for a year in case she wants to go back. I assume it would work the same way with deferral, but perhaps not. Just call to check :)

If not, to answer your main question- yes you can accept both and cancel one later, but again, do check with student admin before you do anything. Just don't leave it too late. This year I accepted and enrolled in a late round offer and then decided that I wanted my main offer instead. So I was enrolled in 2 degrees at the same time~ your enrolment can't be terminated unless you authorise it. Not in this case anyway. So then today I just called and unenrolled from my late round and my main round was still valid.

HSC
Uni Grad
i was just thinking of deferring my usyd offer and taking up my unsw offer in the meantime, but i found this:

"What are the conditions attached to deferment?
You must not undertake any other tertiary study during your deferment and, if you defer a Conservatorium of Music course, you must maintain a satisfactory level of performance during your deferment."

http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/student_administration/admissions/defermentqa.shtml

that's just for usyd though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)