Accounting Cadetship 2008 (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
nickmyszkowski said:
so okay...lol does that mean id have a shot of gettin these cadetships if my reason for applying is interest in IT? if u get wat im sayin...or do i hav 2 really b into accounting...? lol soz if im a bit slow lol
As long as ur willing to link ur IT work with some accounting, then yeh. If u wanna focus purely on IT, i'm not sure if IT audit or "controls assurance" or "business assurance" or "systems and process assurance" (multiple names for same thing) is really that suitable. But I mean u might as well apply and see how it goes; if it sounds interesting and u get an offer, go for it- at most u lose 1 year of full time uni equivalent, but u get something good on ur CV as well as a better understanding of where u want to be.

mark678

HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
Well it just depends on what people made of the ICAA info evening. I met this guy at Chapman Eastway, he reffered my name to HR and i submitted my application about 2 weeks go and they called me in for an interview within 5 days. I know everyone's applications havent closed yet but still, that is how i got an interview already and they said i made it through to the second round. Also I got an interview with Walker Walyand in about 2 weeks time on a tuesday... when is yours???

good luck.
I go Walker Wayland interview on thursday :)

I think that some firms might give you an earlier interview if you appear to be very keen to get a job.

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
i think the smaller firms offer you interviews even before their app closing date, because as one of the other forum members said he got 2 interviews already, and the apps dont close till 25 June.

Ovaschool303

HSC
Nah I havent received that yet... i thought they would do that when applications have closed (25th June) and they have eliminated a couple of hundred people based from what they read in the application form... and i presume that test would knock back another 50 odd right?

Ovaschool303

HSC
Does anybody know as to when most of the accounting firms contact us? When I say most... I mean those who have applications closing on 25th June? I guess it is a little rich to expect that they will contact us the following day. Thoughts?

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Most firms would usually try to aim to give you interviews when you are currently having school holidays (which im presuming its going to happen soon?)

i know i had all my interviews during the school holidays so you didn't really need to skip school to go to it (although i wanted to =[)

Ovaschool303

HSC
yeah thing that sounds right to me. Holidays start next thursday.... got a shitload of assessments till then. One other thing... if you do BCommerce or whateva and your marks are good...can you do honours also?

dashkenny

HSC
They'll probably reply within the week, give or take a couple of days.

summermagic

HSC
Hey has anyone tried applying for Deloitte yet? Cause at page 2 it's asking for Education Details but for some reason they've listed all the Universities and require you to put in the major you're doing but we're obviously in year 12.

Is this the right one: New South Wales 2009 Trainee Opportunities – AUGRAD23064

I'm pretty sure it is cause I even got an email confirming my log in and reminded me to apply before 25th June. So this is the right one.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Haven't applied for Deloitte but have come across that in another firm's applications. There should be a box to type your institution i.e. high school?

summermagic

HSC
Yep, I typed in my highschool, but then I can't work out what to do with the 'Major' cause I can't leave it blank as when I try to click next, it won't let me saying the field is compulsory.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
I checked the application and I see what u mean. Maybe type next to it HSC or something.

ctkid

HSC
what happens if you fail a subject in uni while doing cadetship in your first year :s

summermagic

HSC
shilinjuju said:
I checked the application and I see what u mean. Maybe type next to it HSC or something.
Oooh I worked it out. You actually choose 'Secondary Education' from the list.

venom69r

HSC
Hey, could someone just clarify something about the PwC application form to me (I imagine HEAPS of people are applying for the company so someone can definately answer my question =] )

There is a question in the application form which goes along the lines of:
"Please list scholarships/prizes and bursaries awarded to you, and the year they were awarded"
However, this comes under the Tertiary education part and well, that not applicable to us. So my question - we're not required to answer that question are we??

Thanks and Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)