Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

Ovaschool303

HSC
Hmmmm. I cant remember exactly what I put because I did the application about three or maybe 4 weeks ago. I remember I saved my answers in a word document... I remember answering a question: outline awards you have receieved. If I were you I probably would do it... after all you're not going to get that much progress with an empty application form... might as well try and grab their attention with something I guess. Only my opinion

steph:an:ie

HSC
hey guys, im applying for a cadetship too. i'm on the ernst and young cadetship page and it says 'please select ur yr 11 or yr 12 TER score or equivalent'.

my question: what is TER/equivalent?

summermagic

HSC
shilinjuju said:
^ May I ask, where is that option, can't find it?
When you click for the list of majors, type in 'secondary' in the search box.

venom69r said:
There is a question in the application form which goes along the lines of:
"Please list scholarships/prizes and bursaries awarded to you, and the year they were awarded"
However, this comes under the Tertiary education part and well, that not applicable to us. So my question - we're not required to answer that question are we??

Thanks and Good Luck!
Wouldn't it be better if you did though? Like put all your prizes in this box and maybe you'll have a better chance.

hearts

HSC
Has anybody applied for Grant Thornton yet? I'm not sure how their application process works. They don't have any links that tell you where to go when u get onto their careers page ><

mark678

HSC
Only 2 days left for applications!!

Its sort of annyoing though that you have to go to two interviews and group stuff for some of these firms and that dosn't even garantee you'll get in

ed1090

HSC
has anyone been offered any interviews yet for melbourne firms??

doot~

HSC
JSIN said:
TER = tertiary entrance rank

they want your UAI estimate

good luck
rofl JSIN, people on this site tend to bash Ruse students. wouldnt advertise it if i were u :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Is Accounting Cadetship provided by UTS as "prestigious" as the Co-op Program at UNSW?

P

pLuvia

lyounamu said:
Is Accounting Cadetship provided by UTS as "prestigious" as the Co-op Program at UNSW?
I think the BAcc cadetship is newer than coop, not sure about prestigiousness (is that a word? lol) though. But both give you good opportunity to get some work experience (or should I say it's compulsory)

Ovaschool303

HSC
Wow. Just had an interview with Walker Wayland and that was unbelievable terrible. I made it through to the second round in a couple of others plus business cadetships and those interviews were great.... just totally choked out there today. Oh well, I guess it is good interview experience nonetheless

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
lyounamu said:
I wouldn't take the former over the latter, if that's what you're asking.

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Just wondering is it essential to add school report, becoz my skool doesn't provide a soft copy of them. Don't noe what to do?

And if I scan in mine hard copy the file will be too big.

Btw congrats Ovaschool303 on getting all the interviews. What was the process like?

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
hey! nice to everyone so into these Acc cadetships... im a bit of a last minute person unfortunately and am applying for my cadetships now.....

PLEASE can anyone tell me how the Duncan Dovico application process works? I'm really interested in the firm and I sent my cover letter and resume to the contact whose business card I got from the ICAA cadet info evening and the career's email provided on the website but no one has replied. How do I know they got it? There is no way of applying directly on the webiste.

Thnx!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
shilinjuju lol if thts how u spell it sorry:

if u scan it ur printer shud giv u an option to save it as PDF format and then add pages to it.. select that option and add all the pages of the report to the one PDF. mine is 4 pages n comes to 350KB.

if u cant do that, im sure they will accept an unofficial version ie subjects and results typed in Word as long as you mention the original/official will be available at the interview as a hard copy or something. I know deloitte's website says they accept that.

Ovaschool303

HSC
I think that with Walter Turnbull the big thing with this is teamwork and leadership. Just make sure you know everything there is about those in terms of examples. I had a really curly question about change... totally mucked it up. Also the first question, i prepared for it but totally had a mindblank and forgot everything... Tell us about yourself. Another question was what qualities do u think are relevant for an accountant? Nothing in there that hard i just shanked it big time

I just wasnt switched on for the interview....was sitting at school and dreaded the interview, guess it is obvious that i dont want to work there but yeah... shanked that interview. From another mid-tier firm have been to they both start off just speaking about their firm and stuff like that.

With Duncan Dovico... i did their application like a month ago... i received an email from their HR saying ther receieved it... u got that yet? They said they will be in contact after June 25

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
With Duncan Dovico... i did their application like a month ago... i received an email from their HR saying ther receieved it... u got that yet? They said they will be in contact after June 25
Hey thnx and no i havnt received it yet. How did you apply? did you send an email? if so, to what email address? thnx!

Ovaschool303

HSC
From memory it was the one on the website they gave... jobs@duncandovico or something like that? I think I attached a resume a cover letter and academic transcript? Not 100% sure though... as i said it was a little while ago

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Ovaschool303 said:
From memory it was the one on the website they gave... jobs@duncandovico or something like that? I think I attached a resume a cover letter and academic transcript? Not 100% sure though... as i said it was a little while ago
Yup thats what I did too but I haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)