Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Vagabond said:
BAcc wouldn't lead to finance more than a cadetship in say auditing financial companies, imo

$40,500 includes sign-on bonus of 7k. If you're going to talk money a cadetship would get you about 65k salary + say 15k study allowance = 80k... Though it does take an extra year :p
i think you are forgetting you need to work 8.45 - 5.15 every day for 2 years... then during your holidays for the next 2 years in a cadetship.

NickLG

HSC
jordankuai22 said:
Hahaha, its funny cause you're jealous.
Haha it's funny cause you got rejected by all the big four and I got my PwC offer, have UBS interview today and turned down KPMG and UTS BAcc. Also how does it feel to be hated by upwards of around 80% of people on this forum?

Nick

HSC
dood09 said:
imho:

go with BAcc.

srsly, 40k of uni fees for doing NOTHING.
also, BAcc leads to other things in finance,
PwC leads towards accounting....

however, if i had the choice... i would go PwC.
the experience is invaluable and you will work with great people there.
its not doing nothing- you obviously haven't done any research at all. You do 2 internships from what a few friends who are doing it from memory is 6 months each.

Also for certain sems you overload etc- also start uni earlier in the first year. So it's a good program but don't be under the assumption you don't do squat.

@vagabond- with such diverse organisations in the program it does offer more scope to get out of the "Accounting" side of things though having audit experience with a good firm is an asset for most orgs anyway and offers good scope to get into other industries since you have quality experience even if it isn't directly relevant to marketing or finance.

Lordie

HSC
Many Assurance people for PwC Sydney received contracts yet? Mine still hasn't arrived heh. But I'm thinking, since I live on the Central Coast, it'll take a little extra time to get here.

NickLG

HSC
Lordie said:
Many Assurance people for PwC Sydney received contracts yet? Mine still hasn't arrived heh. But I'm thinking, since I live on the Central Coast, it'll take a little extra time to get here.
Yea haven't got mine yet either, but I've been away for the past week and i've heard they come by courier. Is it true Lordie that we have the celebration dinner on Wednesday, I couldn't go to the afternoon tea last Thursday so I think i've missed a fair bit of info about that......

Nick

Lordie

HSC
NickLeG said:
Yea haven't got mine yet either, but I've been away for the past week and i've heard they come by courier. Is it true Lordie that we have the celebration dinner on Wednesday, I couldn't go to the afternoon tea last Thursday so I think i've missed a fair bit of info about that......

Nick
Right. Well for starters, I didn't know about an afternoon tea on Thursday. :burn:

Regarding Wednesday, yes there is meant to be a celebration. Apparently some people have been contacted by Ingrid, but I'm thinking maybe those of us who haven't, should make a call.

Congratualtions on getting in by the way, will look forward to meeting you!

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
Lordie and Nick: the celebration dinner is on wednesday at 5.30 pm at pwc. you have to rsvp by today (monday 14th) so ill giv u the details n u can do that (in case u havnt rcvd ur contract and other info yet... coz it wud be a shame if u miss out:

email: sydneycampusrecruitment@au.pwc.com

email to that address and let them know if ur coming or not, coming alone or bringing someone and the name of that person (u r allowed to bring one parent/guardian).

hope that helps n see u guys there!

nick i think i was at conquest on teh same day as u - wat table were u at? i was at the second one from the door (near the lunch table).

venom69er - congrats haider! which one r u gonna take? r u goin on wednesday? did u hear from BNP?

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
@vagabond- with such diverse organisations in the program it does offer more scope to get out of the "Accounting" side of things though having audit experience with a good firm is an asset for most orgs anyway and offers good scope to get into other industries since you have quality experience even if it isn't directly relevant to marketing or finance.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the work experience relates to the accounting back-office sections for whatever company's you'll be working for. The organisation could be doing anything - you'll still just be on a computer plugging numbers.

If anything, its even more accounting focused than auditing which instead focuses on understanding business operations/processes first (with the potential for improvement in mind) then translating that into accounting second.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
dood09 said:
i think you are forgetting you need to work 8.45 - 5.15 every day for 2 years... then during your holidays for the next 2 years in a cadetship.
Also many cadetship companies now make the holiday work optional but regardless it's paid at an additional casual rate that.... people don't exactly complain about.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
For the guys who haven't received their PwC contracts: for me I went to the morning tea today for Tax & Legal, and we received our bags, contracts from there. Not sure about you guys but I'm pretty sure you guys will get it before the celebration.

Vagabond said:
BAcc wouldn't lead to finance more than a cadetship in say auditing financial companies, imo

$40,500 includes sign-on bonus of 7k. If you're going to talk money a cadetship would get you about 65k salary + say 15k study allowance = 80k... Though it does take an extra year :p
@Vaga- this sum of money for which firm? the Big 4s?

@haiderr
- how were you told the exact time buddy? the guys at the morning tea seemed confused lol. so i just email to that address right?

@gaaay: congrats :D how u went with GT?

hearts

HSC
Courier just came :D

I think i have rushed through my contract too quickly, but did our line of service get specified? (This is for Assurance btw) ;)

Cheers :D

ShadowSwifter

HSC
hearts said:
Courier just came :D

I think i have rushed through my contract too quickly, but did our line of service get specified? (This is for Assurance btw) ;)

Cheers :D
PwC right? is it correct that they pay us 32,000 PER YEAR? for TWO years? Or have I misread :eek:

hearts

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
PwC right? is it correct that they pay us 32,000 PER YEAR? for TWO years? Or have I misread :eek:
Erm, all i say was the pretty numbers :D , but i will read it again lol :eek:

Lordie

HSC
hearts said:
Erm, all i say was the pretty numbers :D , but i will read it again lol :eek:
Got mine as well! :)

It doesn't specify whih section, nopeys. I'm for assurance too - scary contracts!!

Lordie

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
it didnt specify remuneration amount>?
It does specify these, yes :p

"No less than $32,000 P/A with 9% Super contribution inclusive"

It doesn't specify which line of Assurance we have agreed to undertake.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
oh yeh neither, it didnt specify which line of tax & legal here. wow so it IS $32,000 a year for 2 years so $64,000?

(holy cow)

Lordie

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
oh yeh neither, it didnt specify which line of tax & legal here. wow so it IS $32,000 a year for 2 years so $64,000?

(holy cow)
Yesm, "no less than $32,000 per annum"

So, if you do well, showing you know what you're doing, you get paid more. :)

So minimum is $32,000.

I think that's the clerk's wage, which is the minimum by law they're allowed to pay.

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Lordie said:
Yesm, "no less than $32,000 per annum"

So, if you do well, showing you know what you're doing, you get paid more. :)

So minimum is $32,000.

I think that's the clerk's wage, which is the minimum by law they're allowed to pay.
oh man that's EPIC!

good luck with everything Lordie :D btw did you get an assignment on "research a global business" for business studies? I got one from my school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)