Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
Are the interviews usually in the school holidays?

Also wen do u have to decide to take a cadetship by, I'm a litte confused. Like what happens if u get 2 or more choices? And I was reading the 2007 Cadetship thread...like did the ppl hu get multiple offers just go to the 'celebrations' and then just decline them? That was a bit awkardly worded!

I'm sooooooooooooo nervous about the interview although its like ages away. I hope I get at least one!

Last edited:

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah the interviews should usually be held in the holidays since applications close in like week 9 or so of school. yeah if u get 2 or more choices, u obviously can only accept one, but theres a certain date you need to respond by. probably a wk or two? i'm not sure

leoyh

mic`
HSC
yeah the interview dates are at the discretion of the company you get one for and like what division you apply for etc but they generally are in the holidays

Only1United

HSC
dingusmagee said:
Just wondering if you do a cadetship are you expected to work for a firm for a specific time? Or can you leave whenever you want?

Also whats the best devision to apply for and what does each involve?

Thanks
Yes, you are expected to work with your firm for a specific time...two years in almost all cases. I have heard of quite a few people who have dropped out and if you do decide to go down this road...its expected that you give two weeks notice so the firm isnt taken by surprise and left in the shits.

As for what is the best division...it really depends...i wouldnt say one is better than another so its important that you do some research about what each division involves (make sure you do something that u actually might like). The two major divisions you might be tossing up betwen will probably be tax or audit. Tax pays a bit more than audit but this shouldnt influence your decision that much...tax also has fewer places available for whereas there is a larger intake for audit cadets.

Last edited:

catzo

HSC
just wondering if anyone could name some mid tier firms, thanks

HSC
did u create an acct just to ask that question, go on the ca site, go on google it's not that hard.

mark678

HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
did u create an acct just to ask that question, go on the ca site, go on google it's not that hard.
good call mate

gaaay

HSC
I was wondering
what divisions are there? i know theres tax and audit, but im not sure about the rest.
and for tax, what is really your role?

leoyh

mic`
HSC
for cadetships, tax and legal and audit are the only 2 divisions available at most firms usually.

roadcone

HSC
gaaay said:
I was wondering
what divisions are there? i know theres tax and audit, but im not sure about the rest.
and for tax, what is really your role?
At the firm I am at cadets can go into:

* Tax
* Audit
* Enterprise Advisers (read BAS)
* Insolvency & Business Reconstruction
* Corporate Advisory (actually I am not sure how many cadets they take in here)

shilinjuju

HSC
N/A
When they ask why did u choose like the specific section i.e. audit or tax what's the best way to answer? can't think of a good answer

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
To quote the PwC brochure: "Tax is an exhilarating and highly rewarding area"

... you should really do your research into the different areas and figure which you're more likely to enjoy. By the time you figure that out you'll be in a better position to figure out a convincing answer to that question.

Ovaschool303

HSC
Pitcher Partners, Moore Stephens, Accru, Grant Thornton, Mann Judd, PKF, Chapman Eastway, Walker Wayland, McGrathNicol, MBT

Ovaschool303

HSC
yeah same here. i think all up i would have applied for 20ish cadetships. Just a question did u apply for pitcher partners? Did you get an email of confirmation from them after you completed that online mumbo-jumbo?

nickmyszkowski

HSC
hey um i was just wonderin.....i like the sound of the whole cadetship concept hahah but im an IT kind of guy and was wonderin are these types of cadetships available in IT careers and branches?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)