Accounting Cadetship 2008 (1 Viewer)

cerene

procrastinator
HSC
fantasybluebear said:
Hey sc1991! First of all, congrats ahaha.

I'm finding myself in the same situation as well, but I'm a Sydney-er =)

I'll tell you what I think and we'll swap, yeah:
- I found PwC nicer than EY on recruitment day. Just, EY seems abit more stiff? I dno, I like the atmosphere more.
- EY offers the double degree and being asian, my mum'll chuck it if I study a single - God forbid - degree lol. Can anyone clarify whether the double is ONLY for tax and legal?
- I heard EY was harder to get into (I wldnt know, sorry, i only applied for these two) but I feel PwC offers more support in terms of where you want to go later on.

I have a mate who's finishing up her cadetship at PwC and she's really loving it so myb that helps all you ppl out there having doubts?

Haha cerene, I found the food crappy as well. How nice is EY's fire escape? sorry for the random but i couldn't help but notice during the office tour.
that said, pwc's office tour was funnyas. 2 mins around the actual building and 30mins in the garden rofl.
Which day were you? =)
Monday - EY
Tuesday - PwC
btw, i'm not coming on tuesday for ey. or wednesday for pwc. studying for trials.

Hey!
Yeah the food was terrible terrible. Never before have I had mini pies and sausage rolls at a work function. and the sandwiches didnt even have smoked salmon! I hear PWC gets peking duck and like prawns which they peel for you?
Haha honestly I would go for PwC if I was you simply because the food is better hehe. I only applied for EY so ill take that :) Oh and I was tuesday for EY.

Goodluck on making your choice!

ShadowSwifter

HSC
Black Hawker said:
Yeah, that is useful, except I didn't get any interview. LOL. :D

Anyone know much about Accru Felsers?

And this is on behalf of a friend...

Has anyone been contacted/offered a position by Grant Thorton?
for GT if your friend made it into the interview then she/he should have got an email either rejection or offer by today already.

nick whats FS lol!

Black Hawker

HSC
Well, he did get an interview.

And last I talked to him (around 7:30pm today), he said he had not received any contact from them.

HSC
I'm in for GT as well. I did the online personality questions but havent received rejection or offer as yet...i think theyre late

ShadowSwifter

HSC
good luck guys, GT is in the top 10 big firms, I still think they are excellent. they are taking 5 cadets i think.

iamfergo

HSC
jordan how can it say u've completed the hsc in 2002, but you somehow got interviews with all the big 4, 2 years ago and now u rekon u've got one now?? it doesnt make any sense. so wot u were in yr 12 in 2002 then again in 2006 and now in 2008. Man u must be retarded if u've done yr 12 that many times. not to mention selm asteem must be an issue to face that many rejections. let me guess you'll be back next year on the same sort of thread tellin everyone that u've got one next year

NickLG

HSC
ShadowSwifter said:
for GT if your friend made it into the interview then she/he should have got an email either rejection or offer by today already.

nick whats FS lol!
FS stands for financial services mate, as name suggest it's mainly work involved with financial companies.

Also noddy did he really say he's considering taking 3???!!! That would be really great if David was considering that, damn that means he must be having a hard time deciding who he wants. Well we can see from the 4 of us that there are 2 girls and 2 guys, do you reckon he'll do the "right thing" and do 1 guy 1 girl or do you reckon he'll just picks who he wants?

Nick

leoyh

mic`
HSC
at the end of the day, you should have got a card, and from that you could either tick "open to all" or you could rank the lines given to you in order for preference. for assurance there was:
1. private client services
2. business assurance
3. FA - resources, services and government
4. FA - Cip-tice
5. FA - financial services

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
leoyh said:
at the end of the day, you should have got a card, and from that you could either tick "open to all" or you could rank the lines given to you in order for preference. for assurance there was:
1. private client services
2. business assurance
3. FA - resources, services and government
4. FA - Cip-tice
5. FA - financial services
orly?

looks like i didnt read it properly

i just ticked FS. didnt even rank them

leoyh

mic`
HSC
nah you could have did what you want, tick or rank. i decided to rank mine in order

leoyh

mic`
HSC
who's going PwC on wednesday?

LOL just to summarise the thread, who has gotten what offer/impending offers?

Congrats to everyone!

ShadowSwifter

HSC
just got an RSVP email for the wed night celebration at PwC, omg the manager said i didn't have to email them. lol oh well.

c u guys all there.

NickLG

HSC
Yea i'm looking forward to tomorrow night, does anyone know how many people actually got offers? It sounds like we're going to have a nice big community of cadets at PwC for next year.

Nick

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
ShadowSwifter said:
just got an RSVP email for the wed night celebration at PwC, omg the manager said i didn't have to email them. lol oh well.

c u guys all there.
um... i got this reply

Hi xxxx,

Thankyou for your RSVP. We look forward to seeing you and celebrating yourachievement at the Trainee Offer Celebration! Kind regards, Sydney Campus Recruitment Team

NickLeG said:
Yea i'm looking forward to tomorrow night, does anyone know how many people actually got offers? It sounds like we're going to have a nice big community of cadets at PwC for next year.

Nick
time will tell.

Last edited:

haiderr

Goldn_i
HSC
im going tomorrow nite as well! i think they said theyre taking 40 ppl for assurance and 35 for tax/legal @ pwc this yr. congrats to all!

iamfergo

HSC
when it syas in the pwc contract ...'your completing of secondary studies and achieving a uai which we consider acceptable' does anyone kno wot this is. i thought as long as you could get into the course it should be ok? and do u think they'll let someone in who uses DFEE instead of CSP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)