• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Acfi2080... (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
baker182 said:
20% that kinda reflects on the lectuer :) Is it still the South African lady?
yeh, umm..janet i think

but now apparently we have bruce, an american dude, but i missed his first lecture so i'm not sure what he's like yet

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
The topics are also in another ECON 3year subject, which I'am doing next year :)
Yeah, I am sick of all the repeated content in the different subjects:mad:!

baker182 said:
Also accounting/finance subjects have more hot chicks than economics subjects
Haha, that is so true and something that me and my mates have comented on before:cool:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
em_516 said:
but now apparently we have bruce, an american dude, but i missed his first lecture so i'm not sure what he's like yet
Bruce McFarling? He is an alright lecturer. I had him for one of my subjects last semester. He gets heaps into it:p. The bad thing about him is that he tries to made everything to simple that he just ends up confusing you, if that makes any sense, haha:p.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Bruce McFarling? He is an alright lecturer. I had him for one of my subjects last semester. He gets heaps into it:p. The bad thing about him is that he tries to made everything to simple that he just ends up confusing you, if that makes any sense, haha:p.
I think Brcue is shit :) I prefer James over Bruce

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, no-one could possibly be worse than James in my opinion. I have had him for the first half of ECON2520 and I only bothered to go to the first two lectures because it is a waste of time. He has a really bad accent, mumbles to himself, reads of the lecture slides and doesn't really explain the concepts:p.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Damn, there are so many subjects I want to do next year that I am having trouble deciding which ones to do. I think I am going to try and do five subjects each semester next year:eek:.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yuck..have fun with that :S

bruce isn't so bad..MUCH better than janet, that's for sure..i listened a lot more yesterday than i do normally so that could be a good thing..got my test result back today.. :S

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
apparently the macro exam average is really bad...but I don't know if that's people just making figures up

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
what were they saying?
One person said that the average was 35% and another said it was less than that. I really doubt they have access to information like that though. Some people want it to be scaled, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Were you happy with your result?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ermm.....kinda lol..i'm happy in that i passed..heh heh..

did you get yours today? how'd you go?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Congrats. Yeh I was pretty stoked that I passed.
I ended up getting 58%, which well even though I’m happy I passed, is disappointing. Its annoying in the sense that I got a pretty good mark in question one of the short answers, yet I only managed to get 28.5/50 overall for that section. The time limit brought my mark down a fair bit. I made 3 really stupid mistakes in mc. It could have been a lot worse though.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha..i got 57.5

i made TONNES of stupid mistakes..got numerous zeros from not doing questions and having REALLY shit answers..the whole paper is depressing to look at lol..but, ultimately i passed and that's all i wanted..just it's always nice to get higher marks :p

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
lol, my exam is really depressing to look at. I was going through my short answers and the first two pages were like really good. Then as I kept going through I saw a whole page with zeros everywhere (either not attempted or just plain wrong). That continued for like 2 pages and then on the final page I only managed to get one answer done and correct (thankfully a 4 mark question). I can only imagine my tutors face when she marked my paper :p

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh reckon :S

i found one page where i got full marks for the entire page..that felt good..but it was at the end, and i had just seen LOTS of zeros..so..it still kinda sucked haha

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
em_516 said:
bruce isn't so bad..MUCH better than janet, that's for sure..i listened a lot more yesterday than i do normally so that could be a good thing..got my test result back today.. :S
Of course he is better than Janet. You would be hard pressed to find a lecturer worse than Janet:p.

Craig said:
One person said that the average was 35% and another said it was less than that. I really doubt they have access to information like that though. Some people want it to be scaled, but I don't think that's going to happen.
That average mark is quite possible. As I said before, according to one of my mates who did the course in second semester last year, the average mark in one of the in-class tests was supposedly about 30%. They won't scale the mark, however, they may give you the option of it not counting if you do better in the final exam or something, at least that is what I recall him saying they were thinking of doing:).

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i can't see how it'd be that low..i knew fuck all and i managed high 50s..i can see how people who didn't study at all would have gotten a low mark, but geez, almost everyone in macro seems to know what they're talking about

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Haha, there must be a mistake. There is no way I could have got 25/30:confused:! I didn't study at all and I have only read the first three chapters of the book:p. That is the same mark I got for the ACFI2070 mid-semester quiz and I actually studied for that test:eek:. They must have marked this exam very easily:D. How did you go baker182:)?

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Haha, there must be a mistake. There is no way I could have got 25/30:confused:! I didn't study at all and I have only read the first three chapters of the book:p. That is the same mark I got for the ACFI2070 mid-semester quiz and I actually studied for that test:eek:. They must have marked this exam very easily:D. How did you go baker182:)?
Only got 19.5
Hey mate do you know Anna Christie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)