• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Actuarial Studies (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ANU = Yes
USyd = No
UNSW = a PART of the big degree names Commerce
MacUni = Super Yes

I really want to do Engineering in UNSW 'cause there are a lot of projects there. BUT their actuarial course recommends Advanced English !!! Shame, they just lost a talent mathematician =>>> me (sr if i polish things too much)
Dude....actuarial course is actuarial course for all unis. there is hardly any diffference in terms of qualification. you either get out of uni with the degree or not.

And also, even if you don't do recommended degree, you can still do well in your course. I don't think Actuarial studies relies too heavily on your level of English. As long as you can completently speak the language and write fluently to some extent, it's ok.

MinaDoan

HSC
@Lyonamu: I am a bit consider the phrase "in term of qualification".

Anw, can we do a combined degree (B.Engineer + B.Commerce) like one at UNSW and one at Macquarie Uni?
I don't think travelling will be an issue for me as long as they let me join their projects ^^,

twistedrebel

HSC
no you cant. Also actuary is hard and you ll probably fail, dont do it. Has like 80+% drop out rate, I ve seen guys get 95+ in 4u, just bomb out in it

HSC
Uni Grad
What can a science degree do? I'm really behind in this stuff.

I'm aiming for B Engineering/ B Commerce. Lol. I still can't believe there is such a combined degree, I was stuck on choosing engineering and something with money.
heh you know that science can be applied to heaps of jobs, especially a mathematics degree; stats can help you get jobs in banks and the field of finance...
whereas physics can really help get into other fields like computer science, engineering and others...
chem and bio = medicine, health sciences and all that...

idk about engineering here but i hope it doesn't pay shit in this country...

I also heard that in actuarial, the course is extremely hard (level of difficulty progresses every year) and nowadays the competition for spots is fierce...., so if even if you get D's you won't likely be guaranteed a spot.

MinaDoan

HSC
"no you cant. Also actuary is hard and you ll probably fail, dont do it. Has like 80+% drop out rate, I ve seen guys get 95+ in 4u, just bomb out in it"

=>> How can I bomb out if i don't do it?!? Anw, I have decided!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)