• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Adam and Eve or Evolution? (1 Viewer)

Adam and Eve or Evolution?

• Creationism

Votes: 64 15.5%
  • Evolution

Votes: 255 61.6%
  • Both

Votes: 68 16.4%
  • don't know

Votes: 27 6.5%

• Total voters

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Miffstaa said:
Personally I think that evolution did occur but on the other hand I wish that i didn't because then it takes the imagination out of everything.
One thing that does make my brain hurt, is thinking about what there was before the big bang. It was supposed to have created everything, and spread etc but what was the 'dot' [dont even know what to call that] floating in before that? A blank canvas? I dunno.
If there was something, we have no idea what it was.

And that's okay! We'll find out eventually! 400-odd years ago we didn't realise what gravity was. Imagine what we'll know in another 400!

That's what I love about science: there's never an end of questions to ask, things to discover. The possibilities are truly endless. :D

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chaldoking said:
Define Evolution.
Jeez, you ask the easy questions, don't you?

Evolution is the process of change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. This is driven by natural selection, sexual selection and genetic drift.

Or you can go read the unsurprisingly accurate Wikipedia article.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na you should play spore it taught me everything i know about evolution.

liiiiam

HSC
There's to big a chance for my life, the life of humans, the life of the planet, thesolar system, the galaxy and all time and matter for me to exist, so i just live denying both.

chaldoking

HSC
Kwayera said:
Jeez, you ask the easy questions, don't you?

Evolution is the process of change in the inherited traits of a population of organisms from one generation to the next. This is driven by natural selection, sexual selection and genetic drift.

Or you can go read the unsurprisingly accurate Wikipedia article.
And exactly how much proof is there for the 7 types of evolution.

chaldoking

HSC
“I have little hesitation in saying that a sickly pall now hangs over the Big Bang Theory.”
- Sir Fred Hoyle (Astronomer, Cosmologist and Mathematician – CambridgeUniversity)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chaldoking said:
And exactly how much proof is there for the 7 types of evolution.
Not sure what you mean by "7 types of evolution", but for both macro- and micro-evolution, there's hordes of the stuff.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chaldoking said:
“I have little hesitation in saying that a sickly pall now hangs over the Big Bang Theory.”
- Sir Fred Hoyle (Astronomer, Cosmologist and Mathematician – CambridgeUniversity)

...and? So? Therefore?

Red fonts don't scare me.

Miffstaa

HSC
Trefoil said:
But where humans come from is NOT an appropriate point to inject god, because we DO know what happened then (evolution - first galactic, then biological).
I totally agree with that but then again, when i discuss this with my very religious friend they insist that this 'scientific proof' is actually God testing his believers because Science represents the workings of satan. Those are their personal beliefs, but i guess that sometimes with religion you can never win.

chaldoking

HSC
Kwayera said:
...and? So? Therefore?

Red fonts don't scare me.
Wel, the opinion of a distinguished cosmologist, astronomer and mathematician is greater than that of a university student. By the way, what makes you think I am going to believe the Big Bang Theory is credible if this distinguished scientist doesn't lol. I think I value his opinion a touch more than you. And did you know that scientific journals are not allowed to question Darwinian science - that is why you have been unable to see the flaws in evolution.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Not when the uni student agrees with the current scientific consensus and the scientist doesn't

EDIT: lol that's so unbelievably retarded

I'M GOING TO BELIEVE THIS GUY COZ HE'S A "SCIENTIST" WHILST SIMULTANEOUSLY NOT BELIEVING THE CURRENT BEST UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THE WORLDS' SCIENTISTS

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
chaldoking said:
Wel, the opinion of a distinguished cosmologist, astronomer and mathematician is greater than that of a university student. By the way, what makes you think I am going to believe the Big Bang Theory is credible if this distinguished scientist doesn't lol. I think I value his opinion a touch more than you. And did you know that scientific journals are not allowed to question Darwinian science - that is why you have been unable to see the flaws in evolution.
Neithers opinions are really all that important... I don't offer up my own opinions as evidence on such matters - I stand on the shoulders of giants.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chaldoking said:
I don't give any credence to quotes taken out of context. And scientific journals published peer-reviewed science. They don't censor anything (heck, even Behe's been published, and he's a top-class idiot) because it generates debate and more research avenues; only when the method of research used in the article in question is suspect is it not published.

Lol, your knowledge of the scientific process is laughable.

Once again (given you haven't adequetely quantified it so far), what are the flaws in evolution, exactly?

chaldoking

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
Not when the uni student agrees with the current scientific consensus and the scientist doesn't

EDIT: lol that's so unbelievably retarded

I'M GOING TO BELIEVE THIS GUY COZ HE'S A "SCIENTIST" WHILST SIMULTANEOUSLY NOT BELIEVING THE CURRENT BEST UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THE WORLDS' SCIENTISTS
"Scientist" lol his only a sir. Please don't question the knowledge of intelligent minds that see the flaws in your scientific theories. Go get a degree then speak.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
chaldoking said:
"Scientist" lol his only a sir. Please don't question the knowledge of intelligent minds that see the flaws in your scientific theories. Go get a degree then speak.
Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
chaldoking said:
lol wat?

did you not get the part about how scientists today disagrees with the steady state theory?
it's completely dead as a line of research in cosmology

i'm not questioning his intelligence, i'm telling you that his theories don't stand up to the evidence, according to current science

EDIT: finishing my BSc next year -_-

chaldoking

HSC
The creation of the universe is a concept of infinity that no amount of research or logic can answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)