Advanced English right now is the biggest load of shit. (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry I don't really understand what you mean by power play. But if you are referring to the topic it is literally going through texts and finding where an individual has power and constructing answers that prove this and what impact it has.
Nothing much is going to change in this regard. English Advanced is pretty much doing that for 2 years.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
English is crap backed up by more crap. However, it should be noted that English is an enjoyable subject in that you can write almost absolutely anything so long as you have the evidence to justify yourself.

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry I don't really understand what you mean by power play. But if you are referring to the topic it is literally going through texts and finding where an individual has power and constructing answers that prove this and what impact it has.
Yep. That's what I meant.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
English is crap backed up by more crap. However, it should be noted that English is an enjoyable subject in that you can write almost absolutely anything so long as you have the evidence to justify yourself.
Agreed.
English CAN be enjoyable to an extent especially if you have a good English teacher!
Good teacher = good english experience
Bad teacher = bad english experience

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
My grade is doing the Area of Study in term 3.. :s
Not a bad strategy to be honest.

Complete the Year 11 AoS at the end of T3 and then start the Year 12 AoS at the beginning of T4. Keeps everything fresh in the mind so everyone has a good idea of how to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)