Ahmad Shah Style-Based Notes, Revised, Edited, Perfected. (1 Viewer)

kazemagic

HSC
thanks for taking ur time to write this man :)
gave me some really helpful tips

J18134

HSC
i just read the first paragraphs. if you chose to do the hsc again with 90.2 becuase you could get into the course you wanted but not happy with your marks you're a complete idiot. if you did it again because you couldnt get into what you want youre an idiot as there are so many ways to transfer into what you want that wasting another year of your life on the hsc is just completely and utterly ludcrious. if it really means that much to you then i really dont know what to say when in the scope of life the hsc is one of the most insignificant things there is.

Last edited:

OH1995

HSC
The website posted by OP sucks for downloading......it's so slow!!!

Magical Kebab

HSC
i just read the first paragraphs. if you chose to do the hsc again with 90.2 becuase you could get into the course you wanted but not happy with your marks you're a complete idiot. if you did it again because you couldnt get into what you want youre an idiot as there are so many ways to transfer into what you want that wasting another year of your life on the hsc is just completely and utterly ludcrious. if it really means that much to you then i really dont know what to say when in the scope of life the hsc is one of the most insignificant things there is.
Yeah that's great but I don't think he gives a shit.

He posted this to help people and give them some advice. Repeating was his decision, no need to call him an idiot.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Also OP, do you honestly think 6-9 hours is the way to go?

I mean, I know someone who got 99.95 who said they studied around 3 hrs a night. You did 6-9 hrs and started at 6pm!

Wouldn't you get burnt out after like 2 weeks?

J18134

HSC
Also OP, do you honestly think 6-9 hours is the way to go?

I mean, I know someone who got 99.95 who said they studied around 3 hrs a night. You did 6-9 hrs and started at 6pm!

Wouldn't you get burnt out after like 2 weeks?
This. I know people who are just better at taking information in and studied maybe a few hours a night and got 99.95 whereas i know other people who maybe didnt study 6-9 hours a day (thats just ridiculous) but studied much much more and landed up with much lower marks.

Magical Kebab

HSC
This. I know people who are just better at taking information in and studied maybe a few hours a night and got 99.95 whereas i know other people who maybe didnt study 6-9 hours a day (thats just ridiculous) but studied much much more and landed up with much lower marks.
I think:

3 hrs of understanding > 6 hrs of rote learning.

Breeby

HSC
When I read about hard work, I feel really bad... I am not very bright nor did I study all that hard and I still ended up with an atar much like yours. I made about two pages of notes in total. Not even good ones. Okay. I should shut up because people SHOULD study. Sorry.

kazemagic

HSC
difference in natural ability lol :(

barbernator

HSC
fuck I should have studied 6-9hrs during the week and 12hrs on the weekend :(

barbernator

HSC
Honestly barb, how much did u study on weekdays/weekends?
Depends what time in the year. Sometimes none, sometimes 3-4 hrs. I mainly only used weekends usually for assignments and/or weekend before a test which then I might do 5hrs in a day.

Magical Kebab

HSC
Depends what time in the year. Sometimes none, sometimes 3-4 hrs. I mainly only used weekends usually for assignments which then I might do 5hrs in a day.
Yeah same.

Weekends - assignments
Weekdays - probs like 3 hrs

barbernator

HSC
Yeah same.

Weekends - assignments
Weekdays - probs like 3 hrs
I just studied until I was happy with what I'd done and then stopped. Some night id get home and be like alright I'm going to smash out some stuff and others just watch tv all night

J18134

HSC
Exactly people theres no blueprint method which, if you follow, will get you top marks. Fuck I even know a family member who would only start studying a few days before the exams and they still came out with top marks. The adrenalin, along with exceptionally focused study worked for them and even at uni this method works for them. Most people would fail. This is why I dont think the OP's post is helpful in the slightest. Different approaches and different learning styles work for different people.

And Id absolutely love to know what exactly the OP gained in life by sitting the HSC twice. I would also like to know what the OP plans to accomplish at uni

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)