• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Like us on facebook here

Ahmad Shah Style-Based Notes, Revised, Edited, Perfected. (1 Viewer)

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
ATAR matters more than you think. Considering that the amount of graduates in competitive fields like law and business is unprecedentedly high numerically, employers have no choice but to use the individual's ATAR as a means of deciding whether or not they can progress to the interview stage. Thus, the candidates competition is not merely a confluence of his university grades and extracurricular activities, it also becomes a matter of the ATAR. It was mentioned on the other forum. Generally, 95+ is the standard too, for jobs like top tier at a law firm, which is the very field OP is in.

Someone in the field was talking about this on another thread.
Agree with this +100000000000000000
I just RAGE SO MUCH when people say that "the hsc is not important, blah, blah,blah and all those crap!"
The people who usually say that the HSC is "not important", and there are "many better things in the grand scheme of life" are usually:
1. Ironically, low achievers themselves, therefore being jealous and envious of those who did well, worked extremely hard all year round/ naturally gifted and try to belittle others in their HSC achievements to make themselves not feeling too bad about their bad ATAR. (Met a lot of these kind of ppl which make me feel like I wanna LMFAO).

2. Those who do not aim high, so therefore achieving a high ATAR is pointless to them in the first place anyway.

3. Like no.2, those who fail to see how f******king competitive is it to get into the top tier firms and just opt to be mediocre in life. That's like saying: oh, I got a 50 atar, the hsc is not important and therefore I can still do medicine. <---- bahahahahhahahahahahahahha!!

Seriously sick of seeing this weakling culture prevalent in this society and it ironically is contagious in schools!
The HSC IS IMPORTANT! It does determine will you actually soar up high in life, or walk the low road down. So guys, please, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT LET those losers and weaklings belittle you! AIM AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE and you'll NEVER regret it!!!!!

Treat the ATAR like a magic key, which the higher you get, it can magically open many doors to your great future!

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
Depends on what way you look at really? 3rd-person perspective would be, wow waste of year. However, if you look at it from another perspective you will reliase there is more to it then meets the eye.

Repeating the HSC helped me mature, exponentially for the matter. I stayed silent the whole year, studying 6-9 hours a day and spending my recess and lunch pumping out trial papers. Self-awareness is one of the most power psychological things one can learn. Dont give advice to others, nor comment on their life if cannot empathize with them.

The average citizen is a sheep, and its very easy to steer him in the wrong direction. Same with the HSC, from the beginning of the year teachers will be like 'its not the be all and end all of the world if you dont get the ATAR', good way to put the a 'psychological' note in a childs head to not study as well as he should. In the middle-east its 'if you fail year 12, you will destroy your future', effect? even the kid with the least grades ends up getting mid-range grades.

Regards.
The world needs more people like you tbh

ishfish

Lord of the Fries
HSC
Hey guys

Technically it may not really be a waste of a year. Trying to do an alternative pathway could take 2-3 years but just doing 1 extra year of HSC (as bad as that may be) and getting into what you want directly, is not so bad after all. Especially if OP found that he wanted to do a course that he could'nt do with a 90 ATAR. Either way, we have one life and OP did what he wanted and got the results. Congrats on your achievement, Osamaelias.

aadeeba

HSC
N/A
Wow i wasted to much time reading this… *sigh*
Back to HSC now.

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
Bump man this was old thread, hopefully spread the love again. Im in second year comm/law now

dan964

MOD
HSC
Uni Grad
only the Chemistry.rar link doesn't work.
All the Biology, English and Maths links work.

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
I will update the notes tonight, most however are on BOS at the moment, first few links. Has 15,000 Downloads on each file, very happy people are waking up.

Wish everyone the best.

nrana

HSC
Thank you for being so honest; I cannot describe how much your 'rant' has helped - I've shared it with soo many friends and they've all told me how they read it on a regular basis, and that they couldn't agree more with your points! Thanks so much

HSC
Uni Grad
Was sharing this rant today to several of my friends, and the OP's brother too. They laughed and said great things about it too.

Ahmed _BD

HSC
any way i can get the 3U/4U maths notes?
the website says ive exceeded my hourly download limit, even though i havnt downloaded anything. file's too large i guess (+200mb)

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Don't know anyone who has gone through that much in their HSC. The commitment's real!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)