• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Alan Jones incited violence? (1 Viewer)

YankeeChica

Banned
HSC
He deserves applauds NOT condemnation. He should be awarded Knighthood and Order of Australia for what he had done. He is an asset for australia more valuable than thousands of middle eastern thugs who were responsible for the violence.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
YankeeChica said:
He deserves applauds NOT condemnation. He should be awarded Knighthood and Order of Australia for what he had done. He is an asset for australia more valuable than thousands of middle eastern thugs who were responsible for the violence.
WTF, whats it with you and "valuable", lol. Jones and he's kinds are bloody racists FULL STOP.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
YankeeChica said:
No he is a liability to AUstralia bitch.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
He read a letter advocating violence out on the air, then condemned it. OMG HE INCITED VIOLENCE!!!!

Also maniella that sig is a bigger eyesore than goatse. Fuck it off, now.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
withoutaface said:
He read a letter advocating violence out on the air, then condemned it. OMG HE INCITED VIOLENCE!!!!
You need to look up the definition of incite.

--------------
In Defamation, even though this has nothing to do with defamation, simply reading out another persons defamatory statement, regardless of whether you agree with the statement, exposes you to liability.

I don't see why it should be any different when reading inflammatory statements, especially when he would have knowledge that such a statement in the particular atmosphere, regardless of the 'antidote' to the original statement (i.e. the ideas expressed in this letter are wrong), would cause people to resort to violence.

Last edited:

Black Faery

HSC
N/A
Wheredanton, you therefore must be opposed to most history, particularly of events such as teh Holocaust being taught, because if they use primary sources they are inciting genocide. By your logic, no one can quote Hitler without being responsible for his words.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Black Faery said:
Wheredanton, you therefore must be opposed to most history, particularly of events such as teh Holocaust being taught, because if they use primary sources they are inciting genocide. By your logic, no one can quote Hitler without being responsible for his words.
Reading quotes from Hitler are unlikely to be inflammatory today.

Read the bold bit carefully.

Last edited:

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
wheredanton said:
You need to look up the definition of incite.

--------------
In Defamation, even though this has nothing to do with defamation, simply reading out another persons defamatory statement, regardless of whether you agree with the statement, exposes you to liability.
So in saying that, if Alan Jones' legal team can prove that the ACMA report was defamatory or vilifying, then he can pursue legal action against the media outlets and/or media personalities who have selectively quoted parts of that report?

And as you correctly say, the inciting of violence bears no relationship to defamation, and to load a broadcaster with the responsibility of inciting the Cronulla Riot, despite repeatedly speaking against the prospect of violence and vigilantism, merely shifts the attention away from the government and the relevent agencies.

(A broadcaster who only has a 'perceived influence' according to Chris Masters, Bob Carr, Mike Carlton and many more..)

For instance, why were the names of senior commanders removed from the report of the inquiry into the occurrence, yet it was permissible to implicate Alan Jones and Ray Hadley without any right of reply?

Seems like an easy target to me.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
No he is a liability to AUstralia bitch.
You're a liability to Australia, nobody had to let a single middle eastern or muslim person into the country, yet some idiot dropped the ball, and now the rest of the country has to put up with it.

Australia would be better off with zero middle easterners and muslims, as would any other country - its just that kind of group of people.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
frog12986 said:
So in saying that, if Alan Jones' legal team can prove that the ACMA report was defamatory or vilifying, then he can pursue legal action against the media outlets and/or media personalities who have selectively quoted parts of that report?
I don't think he would seriously bring a defamation action, probably not worth it.

In such an action everything gets brought out in the wash. Sometimes what is said in court can be more damaging than the alleged defamatory imputations (See Marsden...the defendants couldn't prove the defamatory imputation that he sexually abused boys when he was a teacher, but from memory, evidence was provided that Marsden was sometimes a less than ethical lawyer, had blackmailed witnesses and hypocritically used a witness's homosexuality to take advantage of the jury's prejudice towards gay people).

And as you correctly say, the inciting of violence bears no relationship to defamation, and to load a broadcaster with the responsibility of inciting the Cronulla Riot, despite repeatedly speaking against the prospect of violence and vigilantism, merely shifts the attention away from the government and the relevent agencies.
I think it's very naive to believe that reading an inflammatory letter like that over the radio in a period of heightened emotions wouldn't incite violence. At the very least it's highly irresponsible.

Surely he could have demonstrated his point about non violence without reading an inflammatory letter verbatim on air.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
bshoc said:
You're a liability to Australia, nobody had to let a single middle eastern or muslim person into the country, yet some idiot dropped the ball, and now the rest of the country has to put up with it.

Australia would be better off with zero middle easterners and muslims, as would any other country - its just that kind of group of people.
Really? So you don't think that me and my family, and other decent and respectable people should have the opportunity to stay here?

The only conclusion that can come out of your statement is that you're an idiot who blames every single middle eastern AND muslim person based on what a single set of idiots do.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Guys please watch what you're saying.

I don't want to be editing your posts for trivial things.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'd like to see someone jumping over the original author of the note.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
withoutaface said:
I'd like to see someone jumping over the original author of the note.
The original author of the note didn't publish it, Jones did.

How can you incite violence with a note unless it's published? It's like a white nationalist writing about destroying non white businesses in his or her diary. It can't incite violence unless it's published.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Depends on whether that white supremacist sent their diary into a radio station and asked for it to be read out on air or not.

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
withoutaface said:
Depends on whether that white supremacist sent their diary into a radio station and asked for it to be read out on air or not.
Asking someone to read an inflammatory note on air (ie to publish it) doesn't oblige them to do so.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
wheredanton said:
Asking someone to read an inflammatory note on air (ie to publish it) doesn't oblige them to do so.
But at the same time it makes you as bad as, if not worse than, them, especially if they broadcast it then criticised its contents.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
withoutaface said:
But at the same time it makes you as bad as, if not worse than, them, especially if they broadcast it then criticised its contents.
JOnesy didnt criticise at all, I was actually listening to him when he read that out that letter. he was actually laughing at the notion, and saying lets see what happens.

It doesnt matteer- if jones says the law and order should be taken care of the police all that bs. ITs things that he says wrong, especially since he is a radio host and an influential man that matters.

Just imagine the President of China - stating death to Whities or some shit like that.

The board or committee found that incited violence - just accept he made a mistake and move on.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
S1M0 said:
Really? So you don't think that me and my family, and other decent and respectable people should have the opportunity to stay here?
No, my point was that you and your family shouldn't be here in the first place, its nothing personal, just pure common sense. Immigration can't screen for idiots unfortunately, that only becomes clear once they start living here. My point was that as a country such as Australia can afford to pick and choose immigrants, why not pick and choose the groups that are least likely to produce negative consequences, middle eastern people tend to produce disproportionately high crime rates, low education rates etc. One trip through western sydney could easily show you that. There are better groups of people to draw from ...

I'm not really into throwing out people already here, especially those with a good record, just for exercising more discretion in immigration policy.

The only conclusion that can come out of your statement is that you're an idiot who blames every single middle eastern AND muslim person based on what a single set of idiots do.
No offense, but middle easterns and muslims seem to generate alot more sets of idiots than other groups of people.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
No, my point was that you and your family shouldn't be here in the first place, its nothing personal, just pure common sense. Immigration can't screen for idiots unfortunately, that only becomes clear once they start living here. My point was that as a country such as Australia can afford to pick and choose immigrants, why not pick and choose the groups that are least likely to produce negative consequences, middle eastern people tend to produce disproportionately high crime rates, low education rates etc. One trip through western sydney could easily show you that. There are better groups of people to draw from ...

I'm not really into throwing out people already here, especially those with a good record, just for exercising more discretion in immigration policy.

No offense, but middle easterns and muslims seem to generate alot more sets of idiots than other groups of people.
HAHAHAHA BS...like they'll even consider taking the opinion of a cracked up person such as you. Who are you to say who can be allowed in the country and who cant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)