Alcohol+Sex (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Serius: Question, what if they have been plyed with alcohol, not as in given a spiked drink but given something more alcoholic than they thought.

They get trashed unintentionally, remember passing out then wake up to the act.

What would you call that?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
if you choose to have sex with someone whilst drunk, being drunk doesnt change the fact that you consented.
It is all about the validity of the consent though - a child can consent but their consent is invalid in this matter because they're not capable of making that decision. If someone is drunk enough to seriously impair their judgement, then it is not ok to engage in sexual activity with them because they cannot properly decide for themselves.

As for some of the above arguments that 'you can get away with it because xyz', well that doesn't make it any less of a rape. Simply that is something that cannot always be succesfully penalised - so I don't see why you're even bothering to discuss it.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
thats a spiked drink and is a crime. Remember it doesnt have to be a drink spiked with a drug. That said, i can roughly taste the alcoholic content of my drink as can iam sure many other people, and i can judge the effect the alcohol is having on me[something that most people who have gotten drunk atleast a couple of times can do].

Either way alcohol doesnt change who you are and it doesnt make your opinions do a full 360, what is does is alter perceptions alittle and maybe make things seem more like a good idea that you normally wouldnt.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
kami said:
It is all about the validity of the consent though - a child can consent but their consent is invalid in this matter because they're not capable of making that decision. If someone is drunk enough to seriously impair their judgement, then it is not ok to engage in sexual activity with them because they cannot properly decide for themselves.

As for some of the above arguments that 'you can get away with it because xyz', well that doesn't make it any less of a rape. Simply that is something that cannot always be succesfully penalised - so I don't see why you're even bothering to discuss it.
You are essentially saying people are not responsible for themselves when drunk... the law says something different. If i were to go drive a car, have a crash and kill someone i would be in deep shit serving some prison time. Likewise if i were to start a fight[ a much more overtly agressive action] i would be charged with assult, no matter how drunk i am.

If we are to say that people arent responsible or dont have the right to give consent when drunk, then you are also saying that someone can use the ' i was drunk' excuse for just about any crime.

Morally it isnt right ok? we all know that. Its a dick move if you are completely sober and choose to hookup with some girl who is totally smashed. Being sober you usually act more responsible, so the dude knows whats going on and he knows that he is [as much as i hate this phrase] 'taking advantage' of the situation.

What we are talking about here is about personal responsability and the legality of it all.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
You are essentially saying people are not responsible for themselves when drunk... the law says something different. If i were to go drive a car, have a crash and kill someone i would be in deep shit serving some prison time. Likewise if i were to start a fight[ a much more overtly agressive action] i would be charged with assult, no matter how drunk i am.
There are people who forget their names or think they can raise the dead when they are seriously drunk, so I'd say they're not responsible enough to give permission for something like sex (if they even know what they're giving permission for). This is often backed up by the law - if someone is drunk enough then they often can't be bound by a contract they've signed and like it or not, consent for sex is a verbal contract.

As far as your analogies, they don't really fit the situation. Firstly, because the drunk girl (or even a guy) is having their rights imposed upon with the consent example, whereas in yours the drunk is imposing upon other people's rights (such as the right to life). The law is designed to protect these liberties.

Serius said:
What we are talking about here is about personal responsability and the legality of it all.
That's not what the thread seemed to begin with, its a discussion you initiated on your own and I questioned the point of outlining in what situations you'd be able to evade penalisation for taking advantage of someone. If I misinterpreted the first post then I apologise, but there really doesn't seem much point, in my opinion, to discuss when you can't be penalised.

Last edited:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
ok if we are going to talk about pure penalty, then you wont get convicted unless the girl remembers saying no, even if she did. Ive forgotten things without being seriously like passed out drunk so thats a pretty easy requirement.

If we are talking about what the cops will think is a decent case to bring before court, then if she was passed out or not being able to walk then even if she consents its probably not a good idea to go there.

If we are talking about just drunk, as in walking ok[maybe not in a straight line but walking all the same] and able to speak, then yeah if she consents to sex no rape occured at all, nothing even all the morally ambigious occured because:

if you know you get promiscious when drunk and end up sleeping with people that you regret later, then it is your responsability to not drink so much.

aj_number_10

HSC
nothing wrong with it if they r getting drubnk with u they r r pretty much saying they r interested anyway

PrettyVacant

HSC
As if. If you're getting drunk with your best mate, does it mean you're interested in some gay sexytime?

PrettyVacant

HSC
As if. If you're getting drunk with your best mate, does it mean you're interested in some gay sexytime?

aj_number_10

HSC
no
its differnet if its with a chick tho
trust me i know how hchix think its definetly the way

PrettyVacant

HSC
Oh yeah?

Only chicks know how chicks REALLY think. So unless you are a chick, you wouldn't know.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sup aj

p.s.: yeah aj is a chick. she's really good at rugby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)