Aldi (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
you find there is such a nice atmosphere there, and your transactions are made easier by the friendly staff right?
You sound like such a snob, because really the service differs that much?

The check-outs run smoothly and quickly so there isnt much waiting, if you dont like it fine, but your 'phobia' is unwarranted and if you haven't tried it how can you comment! I hate it when people put there opinion in about something they know nothing about.

Grissom

HSC
woolworths/coles ftw
it might be a buck or two more expensive, but atleast you can trust them plus
Oh yea like those Coles "fresh" apples that are in fact several years old.

Or those nice Coles prawns that come from some contaminated backwater in Vietnam.

Or those nice Coles deli chickens that are pumped full of artificial juices because they are only 6 weeks old.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
You sound like such a snob, because really the service differs that much?

The check-outs run smoothly and quickly so there isnt much waiting, if you dont like it fine, but your 'phobia' is unwarranted and if you haven't tried it how can you comment! I hate it when people put there opinion in about something they know nothing about.
hahaha.

oh melsc. you and your drugs.

if it wasn't obvious i do apologise but i was kidding.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
aquiring supplies shoplifting is more difficult at aldi because there is a limited range of items and the lines at the checkout are as long as fuck and there is also an ample flow of people blocking the way at the entrance.
so i aquire supplies shoplift at woolworths and coles because it doesnt hurt their huge profits much.

i dont shoplift, this is a crime in the civilian world.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Aldi chocolate is amazing.

The other sweets are kinda average though. Oh and their premium cookies and cream ice cream is also delicious as hell.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I bought a digital camera from there: a little 10 megapixel point-and-shoot type one, $70, with rechargeable batteries, a charger and a case. The guy who helped us with it was lovely, and let us fiddle with the show model as long as we wanted, and the check-out person took us through the warranty conditions and returns policy. Top buy.

On the other end of the scale, but hilarious, was an Aldi I visited in Sydney where the check-out woman couldn't get a bag of frozen curly chips to scan, got visibly annoyed, and announced that we should just take the bloody things. What a legend!

yoddle

is cool
HSC
we don't have aldi in TAS, but i hear the pay is way better in comparison to Coolies, and they get to sit down!

But that is sort of more bad because then they must manufacture the food REALLY cheap, if they can sell it so cheap and pay their staff well.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Brand of chips called "Sprinters" - they be awesome, and the Kinder-Suprise esque chocolate there is way nicer than the actual kinder suprise
Yeah i really like some of the chocolate there. They have really random stuff.
There was a chocolate there and it had cornflakes in it. LOL I bought it anyway. It was actually nice.
I buy hazelnut wafers there because they are really really nice. Their choc squiggle muesli bar is SOOO nice and is a friggin steal LOL $2 for 8. Lol!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Yeah i really like some of the chocolate there. They have really random stuff.
There was a chocolate there and it had cornflakes in it. LOL I bought it anyway. It was actually nice.
I buy hazelnut wafers there because they are really really nice. Their choc squiggle muesli bar is SOOO nice and is a friggin steal LOL $2 for 8. Lol!
That's just ... HOT!.

aya-chan

HSC
Aldi has THE BEST chocolate chip cookies. Like, they're SO GOOD. seriously, try them. I also like the Bonanza stacked chips. Love aldi. ;)

Aldi also has nice bread apparently ....

I got a guitar from aldi. =D

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
love aldi. some of the stuff there is really strange, like the pickled wieners, but in bathurst at least they had really fresh fruit and veg and meat, and were the only place in town to sell truly hot chili sauce.

also, i love cranberry vodkas, and bought a box of 12x2litre bottles for $30 once. wowza.

also they sell those maoam lollies in massive bags, they're my favourite candy.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Aldi has THE BEST chocolate chip cookies. Like, they're SO GOOD. seriously, try them. I also like the Bonanza stacked chips. Love aldi. ;)

Aldi also has nice bread apparently ....

I got a guitar from aldi. =D
The bread comes from Goodman Fielder IIRC (Wonderwhite, Mighty Soft, etc.)
By the by, Woolworths Bread is from Tip-Top and coles is Goodman Fielder as well.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont eat supermarket bread.

my bread costs $8 a loaf and is manna from heaven (aka sonoma)

klaris

HSC
Aldi's good. They have pretty good microwave popcorn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)