All those applying for transfers post here! (1 Viewer)

trickx

HSC
Original Degree: B Commerce and Business/LLB at UWS
Transferred Degree: B Commerce at UNSW
UAI: 91.95
GPA: 4.1

HSC
Original degree: B Socio-Legal Studies @USYD
Transferred degree: B Commerce/B Law @ Macquarie University
UAI: 84
GPA: 4.3

116Unashamed

HSC
I got 96.85 ATAR and am doing Arts at Sydney. Trying to transfer to Arts/Law for 2011.

J

joshualee

Prior degree : Bachelor of Engineering (HONS) @ Stanford University (2009)

Transferring degree : Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Information Technology @ Australian National University (2010 SEM 2)

APPLIED FOR FULL SCHOLARSHIP
ATAR? = NOPE
SAT1 = CR 800 MA 800 WR 720 (Essay 9) (First Sitting)
2320 (SINGLE)
SAT2 = Math2c 800 World History 800 Chemistry 800
Korean 800 (my native language for cali universities)
Chinese 780

SUNENG (Korean SAT) = Average 2.0 / 9.0 (highest 1.0)

AP = Comparative Politics 5 European History 3 US History 4
汉语水平考试 (Commonly called 'HSK') - Grade 4
GPA = 3.3/4.0 (UNI)
GPA = 4.0/4.0 (HIGHSC)
TOEFL = 115/120 (Reading 30 Listening 30 Speaking 25 Writing 30)

LOTS OF EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES THAT ARE USELESS WHEN APPLYING FOR UNIVERSITIES IN AUSTRALIA. (Except applying for dorm lol)

----------------INCLUDED EVERYTHING-----------------------------------------------

Reason for worrying - I've got 3.3/4.0 at Stanford which is quite shocking to me.........................

hmm....... the reason for going to ANU is because I want to start my career early and after taking several lecture at first year I have decided to study law so I do not have to wait till JD........................!

Also, studying (Software / Computer MAJOR both physical and computational things) THUS studying in Australia is the best choice 4 me

Many people said that I am a dumb shit since I gave up Stanford.............

but I don't care it is my life but I WOULD BE ASHAMED if I get deferred..............

hmmm

STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED AN OFFER..........................................................
DEFER??????????????????????????????

aliqanber

HSC
Original degree: Bachelor of Science @ UWS (Have 1 year full time done)

Transfer degree: B.Engineering (Mechanical) / B.Science (Advanced) @ USYD

ATAR: 77.65
GPA: 6.375
Average uni marks: 83
Required ATAR: 95

I was even invited to advanced engineering, which requires an ATAR of 98+.:fish:

Last edited:

rahul-blade007

HSC
N/A
Original degree: Mechanical Engineering @ UWS (1 year full time)
Transfer degree: Mechanical Engineering @ UNSW

ATAR: 62.75
GPA: 5.2
Course Cut off - 91.00

Extra - Applying for SCATS Application (SPECIAL CONSIDERATION FOR APPLICANTS
WITH TERTIARY STUDIES).

So, what are my chances?

EDIT: UNSW will take ATAR and GPA both into account - Ratio - 25:75. So, they will take 75% uni marks.

betanumerical

HSC
Original degree: Computer Science @ CSU (1 year full time)
Transfer degree: Advanced Computing @ ANU

ATAR: Low 60's (can't remember)
GPA: 5.75
Course Cut off - 90.00

extra: Applied for special consideration for only my GPA to be taken into account

anyone know what are my chances, from everything I've looked at it should be okayish all the tables I've found on the internet suggest that a 5.75 GPA even from a class 2 institution seems to still be atleast >90 some even saying thats its in the high 90's (97, etc). But it seems nigh on impossible to discern what ANU are using for it, I rang the admissions office and they said to speak to the specific college that I was applying to. then when I spoke to the college they said to speak to the admissions office -_-.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
It's been awhile since someones posted in this thread.

Original degree: Eco/Law @ UWS
Transfer degree: Pharm @USYD
ATAR: 79
GPA: 6
Course Cut off - 85-86?

Just for the lols

HSC
Uni Grad
Nice bump

Original degree: Commerce/Arts @ UNSW
Transfer degree: Science/Arts @ UNSW
ATAR - 93
Course Cut Off - 80s....

meh, put it in anyway. Could transfer today with my shitty credit wam.

anderscharles

HSC
i am anout to start one of two degrees , science or renewable engineering/ photovoltaics, this year and i was wondering if i should transfer with into the photovoltaics considering my 87 atar, (needed 91),........... since i did neither math extension or physics should i attempt a science degree wihtout bridging courses then transfer to renewables OR do the bridginf courses, the science degree then transfer,

Rono123

HSC
If I'm planning to do business/law @ UTS can I transfer to comm/law @ UNSW after 1 year (assuming I get distinction average) or do I need to initially study Comm/law at Macquarie or UWS?

wndid

HSC
If I'm planning to do business/law @ UTS can I transfer to comm/law @ UNSW after 1 year (assuming I get distinction average) or do I need to initially study Comm/law at Macquarie or UWS?
Hi Rono. Just an insight regarding transfers to UNSW. It's widely said that external transfer (i.e. through UAC from a different uni) is comparably harder than an internal transfer (within the same uni), which is available at UNSW.
If you're wanting to study Comm/law at UNSW and have been offered Bus/law (congrats to you!). I'd probably suggest you apply for UNSW Commerce, if that is possible.
UNSW internal transfer is rather a less complicated process than any application through UAC (and saves you the application fee!).
UNSW comm/law requires an ATAR of 95+ (if you've been offered bus/law at uts, you should tick the box for that) and a Distinction average in your tertiary study.
But just a little warning, if you don't achieve a D avg in Uni in the first year, your chances of studying law as undergrad is gone as internal transfers are only available for 1st years.
But then again, you can study postgrad law. Just an advice!

On a completely different note! Anyone successful with their transfers??

wndid

HSC
Hi Rono. Just an insight regarding transfers to UNSW. It's widely said that external transfer (i.e. through UAC from a different uni) is comparably harder than an internal transfer (within the same uni), which is available at UNSW.
If you're wanting to study Comm/law at UNSW and have been offered Bus/law (congrats to you!). I'd probably suggest you apply for UNSW Commerce, if that is possible.
UNSW internal transfer is rather a less complicated process than any application through UAC (and saves you the application fee!).
UNSW comm/law requires an ATAR of 95+ (if you've been offered bus/law at uts, you should tick the box for that) and a Distinction average in your tertiary study.
But just a little warning, if you don't achieve a D avg in Uni in the first year, your chances of studying law as undergrad is gone as internal transfers are only available for 1st years.
But then again, you can study postgrad law. Just an advice!

On a completely different note! Anyone successful with their transfers??

J18134

HSC
So I got into Biomedical engineering at usyd. has crossed my mind to maybe transfer to engineering/commerce or engineering/arts. what wam would i need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)