Am I alone in hating airplane food? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
ooh I lyk aeroplane food. It's nothing different, I don't get why people hate it though :/

Is it lyk expired or something?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
They pressurise the cabin at 5000-8000ft and recirculate the air which dries out the mucus membranes in your nasal and oral passages which will change your sense of smell and alters your sense of taste.
lol

This still doesn't affect my taste of food on the plan hahah

But then again I love food, so..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
They pressurise the cabin at 5000-8000ft and recirculate the air which dries out the mucus membranes in your nasal and oral passages which will change your sense of smell and alters your sense of taste.
Doctors/med students are full of useful information.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Had an amazing fish dinner on CX earlier this year. Was tastier than a lot of stuff on the ground.

Master Singleton

The Night Owl
HSC
Uni Grad
I think sometimes food served on a cruise ship tastes better than food served on a plane but it depends on what airline you fly with though to me i think food served on Qantas, Air New Zealand, Emirates and Cathay Pacific taste good.

dirty_ink

HSC
I've flown with Qantas quite a few times, and their food is quite nice. The bread and butter especially - amazing.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just flew Singapore airlines last week and I remember why I love their food. The western breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausages and tomato could've been a mess but surprisingly they were good- the eggs were fluffy and tasty and didn't feel microwaved. The pork noodles which my fiancé had were pretty tasty and reminded me of hawker food stores but t was a bit saltish. Later on we had that chicken curry for lunch and whilst it didn't look so photogenic it tasted great. Spicy too!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think sometimes food served on a cruise ship tastes better than food served on a plane but it depends on what airline you fly with though to me i think food served on Qantas, Air New Zealand, Emirates and Cathay Pacific taste good.
Air New Zealand to me is a discount carrier now with their pricing tiers and strategy. That being said I had a free upgrade to the works (their top tier of economy) because I complained before but it really felt just like the bare bones economy discount carrier with unlimited access to orders of food and drinks on the touch screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)