Am I the only liberal at uni? (1 Viewer)

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Hey there,

Ok so I went to first tute yesterday and after it finished there were about 7 stands promoting all these student govt groups.

Only, ALL 7 of them were either centre-left or hard-left, and the whole day there were young leftists handing out papers and stirring up convo.

According to the ALSF website, there IS a liberal club at UWS, but didnt see any today.

Can someone please confirm for me, is there a ALSF branch, or any other liberal association open at any campus at UWS?

Cheers,

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hey there,

Ok so I went to first tute yesterday and after it finished there were about 7 stands promoting all these student govt groups.

Only, ALL 7 of them were either centre-left or hard-left, and the whole day there were young leftists handing out papers and stirring up convo.

According to the ALSF website, there IS a liberal club at UWS, but didnt see any today.

Can someone please confirm for me, is there a ALSF branch, or any other liberal association open at any campus at UWS?

Cheers,
There is a Liberal club @ UWS. Will find out who's in charge of it and get back to you.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yo OP, there's a liberal club... they had a stall set up outside the UWSconnect building at Campbelltown campus yesterday and I'm guessing it'll be there all week.
What campus are you at?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, they gave out showbags to people who joined.
One of the stickers said "Rack off Lefty Scum"... :eek:

HSC
N/A
LOL, all the leftists are fucking art students who will end up playing the flute in the central station tunnel....oh wait, some already do that.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Anyway, OP, no way are you the only one. There's a few of us floating around.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
lol, Liberals at UWS.

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Yo OP, there's a liberal club... they had a stall set up outside the UWSconnect building at Campbelltown campus yesterday and I'm guessing it'll be there all week.
What campus are you at?
Phew, thats great news. Can I assume they will be there tomorrow at around 2-3pm? Im at Bankstown but ctown is no prob for me

lol, Liberals at UWS.
lol, Leftists at central

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
Sad to say that it's not just confined to Sydney, Adelaide Unis are a left-wing breeding ground (esp. Flinders Uni, where if you haven't got dreadlocks and spoke the wacky backy you aren't excepted!), Adelaide Uni goes so far as to have a Homosexual club!!!
Yes, there is a Liberal club, but the Greens and Labor are by far the biggest and most vocal clubs.

You are not the only Liberal at your uni though, it's just that the lefty's spend all their time on propaganda than on their studies (as has been mentioned).

Australia needs a (national) Conservative Party!!! Tories... (My own bit of propaganda).

Felix-x34

Asylum Request Pending
HSC
Yes, there is a Liberal club, but the Greens and Labor are by far the biggest and most vocal clubs.

The reason why they became the largest is because we (liberals) allowed them to go unabated in defining who we are, rather than we defining ourselves.

We also devalued ourselves and our ideas by moderating our image and compromising what we believe in. Whats the result? Just look at the LIB front bench.

Australia needs a (national) Conservative Party!!! Tories... (My own bit of propaganda).
We should talk...

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Phew, thats great news. Can I assume they will be there tomorrow at around 2-3pm? Im at Bankstown but ctown is no prob for me

lol, Leftists at central
I'm not sure how early they left.
They were definitely gone by about 4, maybe earlier than that because I was in a lecture.
Check your PMs.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You'll want to speak to Enteebee on these forums as he runs the Liberal club at UWS.
lol for real?

I remember he posted something like "seriously, why do you guys bother with liberal party functions/events, what do you get out of it", directed at rafy/waf.

Then again, maybe that would explain the lack of an o-week stall.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Hey there,

Cheers,
Frankly, student liberals and their advocacy, is boring as shit.

Like, I'd see a purpose in joining a green lobby group on-campus, but student liberals is gayer that the glbt society.

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
The reason why they became the largest is because we (liberals) allowed them to go unabated in defining who we are, rather than we defining ourselves.

We also devalued ourselves and our ideas by moderating our image and compromising what we believe in. Whats the result? Just look at the LIB front bench.

We should talk...
I agree. The front bench of the Libs are in turmoil, a shadow of its former self, Malcolm 'my house is better than Kirabilly' Turnbull is a joke! (But less of a joke than Tintin!). Australia (and Great Britain for that matter) needs a strong leader, someone in the mould of Baroness Thatcher, someone who won't take any nonsense! I could be more political but I will stop at saying that we should clamp down on political correctness and the rise of the nanny state, but that is just my opinion for what it's worth (and I believe the opinion of the average 'man on the street').

'Zimmerman', I don't know if you were 'trolling' me (I'm new to the term), but my words regarding a gay and lesbian club at the University of Adelaide were not said in jest, they are allowed to set up shop and sell their sausages (BBQ) for those who wish to purchase them!

Further to another comment someone said, ("why do people join uni clubs"?) the fact that it, certainly in SA, it costs $5 to join and each BBQ is that is provided is free of charge to its members- that's plenty of sausage for your buck! (no pun intended on the above paragraph)!

Last edited:

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
my words regarding a gay and lesbian club at the University of Adelaide were not said in jest, they are allowed to set up shop and sell their sausages (BBQ) for those who wish to purchase them!
Unbelievable, next thing you know they'll be giving them the vote and allowing them to own property.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)