• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

And so I turned on my new PC... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
how the hell do you disconnect your cd/dvd drive?

it's built in your computer...

the fuck :haha:

Oh what jesus.

A PC is made of different bits, everything connecting to the Mother Board, hence its namesake.

Pretty much PC.

Dont judge the cabling, to lazy to DC and RC everything.

HSC
N/A
Oh what jesus.

A PC is made of different bits, everything connecting to the Mother Board, hence its namesake.

Pretty much PC.

Dont judge the cabling, to lazy to DC and RC everything.
shit, the inside of a computer looks scary...

I don't know how you guys can just open it and play around in there without being worried of fucking the whole thing up.
Hell, I was terrified repartitioning my laptop let alone playing with it physically...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol you make me laugh Ann :p

Playing with a computer on the inside is fun, been doing it for a few years now :)

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It's really not as hard as it looks.

Almost anyone can do it.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Brand new.

Jesus christ lol.

$5 to Static Electrical Damage.
I was tapping the back of my case to discharge any static throughout every step.

i have hunch it's the graphics card
I have a feeling it's more of a CPU / Mobo failure.

The only reason I can think of, is that maybe i pressed to hard to insert the PCI power connectors onto the card, or the CPU screwed up due to the forceful lever. (go to 3:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6UZNeGgXU to see what I mean)

Anyways, todays a new day, gona try and isolate the problem.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Brand new.

Jesus christ lol.

$5 to Static Electrical Damage.
btw, the fan isn't fitted on properly, mr. brightside.

You should check le fan while you're at it. I think you'll find it's a bit loose.
All fans are tightly secure and running. I don't hear any beeps when the BIOS boots. :( (1 beep is for successful boot). is it worth buying one of those anti static wrist straps now? (go to 6:30, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls for old school method of static discharge)

btw, my CPU didn't have any pins, more like flat gold plates.

Last edited:

LouisaCar

HSC
I have just bought an iMac and am soooooooooooooooO happy. They are the best computers around!.

HSC
N/A
lol something was wrong with our motherboard from gigabyte. Because it was under warranty still, they fixed it for us for free:D

Should've seen the rage from my mum when she realised the internet wasn't working on the home PC. She thought it was a driver problem and spent literally 3 days trying to fix it, and then we found out there was something wrong with the motherboard and the network card thingo. Then we took it to the IT dewd and he fixed it in a day :D

just take it to an it dude.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I've always wanted to build my own computer. Don't ruin that for me, Brightside!

HSC
Uni Grad
I was tapping the back of my case to discharge any static throughout every step.
lol that won't do anything unless the computer is actually connected to a power outlet, i.e. there is a direct connection between the metal casing and earth

I have a feeling it's more of a CPU / Mobo failure.

The only reason I can think of, is that maybe i pressed to hard to insert the PCI power connectors onto the card, or the CPU screwed up due to the forceful lever. (go to 3:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6UZNeGgXU to see what I mean)

Anyways, todays a new day, gona try and isolate the problem.
cpu is almost impossible to break like that, new intel cpus are LGA

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
read the date, 2/1/2011

it's now 11 months later, this is no longer an issue, you wouldn't even be able to buy a recalled mobo anymore
My mobo was the 1st version. revision 1.0 :/ apparently 1.3 is the latest.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I've always wanted to build my own computer. Don't ruin that for me, Brightside!
yeah you'll be good, if not, just dust yourself off and get back up again. Sometimes, things in life involve risks. This has certainty served as a learning experience for me. Although I have previously disassembled and assembled a old computer, but never done it before for a new computer, apart from installing new GPUs. I still think the mobo is faulty, gona test it soon.

HSC
Uni Grad
My mobo was the 1st version. revision 1.0 :/ apparently 1.3 is the latest.
doesn't mean anything, still unlikely that your mobo is affected by recall, on top of that,

"The chip maker soon discovered that in some cases the Serial-ATA ports within the chipsets may degrade over time, potentially impacting the performance or functionality of SATA-linked devices such as hard disk drives and DVD units. Intel blamed this on a "design flaw" that will cost them a whopping $1 billion in lost revenue and replacement costs because of a production delay."

the mobos are faulty in the SATA ports, this issue is completely unrelated to your problem

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
lol that won't do anything unless the computer is actually connected to a power outlet, i.e. there is a direct connection between the metal casing and earth

cpu is almost impossible to break like that, new intel cpus are LGA
Lol did the guy in the video have it connected to a power outlet? i thought the case could ground the charge by using it's rubber feet, or becasue it's on a wooden desk. Deadset i saw a video on youtube, some guy was installing is parts on CARPET! wtf. I hope the mobo is broken lol, the CPU cost me 340, mobo was like 167.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lol did the guy in the video have it connected to a power outlet?
hahah omg

if the guy in the video jumped in front of a train then i guess you should do it too aye?

i thought the case could ground the charge by using it's rubber feet, or becasue it's on a wooden desk. Deadset i saw a video on youtube, some guy was installing is parts on CARPET! wtf. I hope the mobo is broken lol, the CPU cost me 340, mobo was like 167.
ahahahahaahahahahaahhaahaahahahahahahah

r u srs??

do you understand the meaning of grounding or earthing??? clearly you don't and neither does the guy in the video (haven't watched it though)

plz read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_(electricity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)