Angry Angus Beef Burger [Hungry Jacks] (1 Viewer)

skyline

Proud Aurion TRD owner
HSC
N/A
hungry jacks always rips off maccas though.... salads, mcflurrys, espresso coffee etc

lolll

breaking is learning how to spend wisely, thats great.

i love maccas and hungry jacks, maccas chips always the good nutritious stuff

those burgers are good nutrition filled with preservative shit, this shit taste good, is it really worth $5? lol

Lydia_88

HSC
tried the maccas one... felt like a normal burger (for so much $$$$)

chefman21

HSC
N/A
Lol no it's not.
Actually it is. The quality of beef they use is of particularly low quality, using the offcuts from tough cuts such as shanks, shins, plates, flanks and necks. Those cuts are used in a restaurant or cafe to make stock and thrown in the bin. They don't even serve that to homeless people, as restaurants quite often give leftover foods to organisations such as Foodbank, to lower food costs and to get a tax break. Next, the quantity of Black Angus in the burger is virtually non existent. It's almost like strawberry topping - lot's of sugar and flavourings, but f-all substance. In this case a beef burger.

Next thing, and maybe even more important, is that it is not Certified Australian Angus Beef. It is Certified Angus Beef. Now, the difference is this. Certified Australian Angus Beef is the certification used and accepted by most restaurants in the country. It's like the MSA grading (Meat Standards Australia) used and accepted by 95% of restaurants as THE grading system for meat in Australia. Certified Angus Beef is a brand. Go type it in Google and read their emblem. In big writing it says Certified Angus Beef but underneath... brand. Remember the label 100% Australian Beef on McDonalds burgers? Which was found out to be a company rather than a guarantee? It's the same thing here.

Next, take a look at the ingredients list. It lists only beef, but not a percentage of how much Angus Beef. Angus Beef is usually priced between $80-$100 per kilo. A beef patty from the burger, weighing approx 100g, of 100% Angus Beef would be between $7 and $10 per patty. Add the bun, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard and ketchup, as well as the staff cost, packaging, transport and manufacture of the burger, as well as marketing it and then the percentage of profit made from each burger, it becomes an expensive burger to make. Put it this way, a restaurant making the same burger with the same components out of pure Black Angus would be charging between $20-25 per burger....

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Remember the label 100% Australian Beef on McDonalds burgers? Which was found out to be a company rather than a guarantee? It's the same thing here.
pretty sure that was an urban myth

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
Next thing, and maybe even more important, is that it is not Certified Australian Angus Beef. It is Certified Angus Beef. Now, the difference is this. Certified Australian Angus Beef is the certification used and accepted by most restaurants in the country. It's like the MSA grading (Meat Standards Australia) used and accepted by 95% of restaurants as THE grading system for meat in Australia. Certified Angus Beef is a brand. Go type it in Google and read their emblem. In big writing it says Certified Angus Beef but underneath... brand.
No, McDonald's site says it is verified by the Certified Australian Angus Beef Pty Ltd.

Actually it is. The quality of beef they use is of particularly low quality, using the offcuts from tough cuts such as shanks, shins, plates, flanks and necks. Those cuts are used in a restaurant or cafe to make stock and thrown in the bin. They don't even serve that to homeless people, as restaurants quite often give leftover foods to organisations such as Foodbank, to lower food costs and to get a tax break. Next, the quantity of Black Angus in the burger is virtually non existent. It's almost like strawberry topping - lot's of sugar and flavourings, but f-all substance. In this case a beef burger.
The difference in meat flavour is not due to a difference in cut. The flavour of meat is independent of cut; it depends mostly on diet and lifestyle of the beef. Would you put your scotch fillets into the grinder to make pattys? of course not, you'd use the top round, or some other lower priced meat. It tastes the same, and the tenderness of the meat is unimportant considering you are grinding it down into a patty.

The quantity of black angus in the patty is purely speculative. You have no proof either way.

Remember the label 100% Australian Beef on McDonalds burgers? Which was found out to be a company rather than a guarantee?
Wrong. Urban Legend. proof

Next, take a look at the ingredients list. It lists only beef, but not a percentage of how much Angus Beef. Angus Beef is usually priced between $80-$100 per kilo. A beef patty from the burger, weighing approx 100g, of 100% Angus Beef would be between $7 and $10 per patty. Add the bun, bacon, onions, lettuce, tomato, mayo, mustard and ketchup, as well as the staff cost, packaging, transport and manufacture of the burger, as well as marketing it and then the percentage of profit made from each burger, it becomes an expensive burger to make. Put it this way, a restaurant making the same burger with the same components out of pure Black Angus would be charging between $20-25 per burger
you can't be serious. Where do you buy your beef? Angus is the most common beef cow farmed in australia, followed by Hereford. Black angus makes up the vast majority of angus cattle. Most of the meat you buy in the coles would be angus meat. It just hasn't been "certified". Have you noticed? most of that is in the $15 - $30 range. That's after companies have made their profits off it.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
No, McDonald's site says it is verified by the Certified Australian Angus Beef Pty Ltd.
Hungry Jack's is Certified Angus Beef. Not Australian, but it is angus beef. Here is the site for it. Here are the standards their meat has to attain. It's an american company that only sells angus beef.

random bus

HSC
i thought it was good but the maccas one is better ,just more vegtables ,but overall both pretty gud

chefman21

HSC
N/A

The difference in meat flavour is not due to a difference in cut. The flavour of meat is independent of cut; it depends mostly on diet and lifestyle of the beef. Would you put your scotch fillets into the grinder to make pattys? of course not, you'd use the top round, or some other lower priced meat. It tastes the same, and the tenderness of the meat is unimportant considering you are grinding it down into a patty.

The quantity of black angus in the patty is purely speculative. You have no proof either way.
Wrong. Look it up if you want. You can even use Wikipedia if you want. Despite any self respecting educated person taking what Wikipedia says with a grain of salt. Check any reference cookbook.

On the quantity of Black Angus, it may well be speculative, but surely if it is a quality burger you would want people to know how much is in there and list it as Certified Angus? And if it is Certified Angus, the price of the meat rules out the patty been made of entirely Certified Angus, or if it is, it's made out of tendons, neck or shin meat.

Wrong. Urban Legend. proof
Wikipedia? LOL... Be sure to use that in your uni assignments. On a personal note, I visited the site years ago. It was shut down pretty quick after it went to the media.

you can't be serious. Where do you buy your beef? Angus is the most common beef cow farmed in australia, followed by Hereford. Black angus makes up the vast majority of angus cattle. Most of the meat you buy in the coles would be angus meat. It just hasn't been "certified". Have you noticed? most of that is in the $15 - $30 range. That's after companies have made their profits off it.
I buy my beef from reputable suppliers. Vic's Meats usually. They supply 90% of Sydney's hatted restaurants with their meat. Everyone from Tetsuya's to Bilson's. Awarded best butchers in Sydney by a variety of organisations. Probably the best butcher in Australia. Why are you even talking to me about quality of beef when you know the price of beef at Coles?

I don't doubt for a second it's the most commonly farmed breed in Australia. The problem with your argument is that Certified Angus has to be GRADED by the internationally recognised MSA/ EQA system that not only visually assesses the product, but requires that it passes through a series of Critical Control Points that GUARANTEE no inferior product is branded as Certified Australian Angus Beef tm. as copied from here: CAAB Program - Certified Australian Angus Beef Pty Ltd. MSA graded meat starts at about $40 a kilo. After nearly a decade in a commercial kitchen working in restaurants that's what gets charged for round, if you want to use that cut as an example. I called a couple of my chef & butcher mates and sorted through old invoices just to make sure.

How can you possibly argue about the quality of beef when you shop at Coles, and use that as your reference to quality, and don't think the cut of meat makes a difference. Learn something about cuts of meat, dry and wet aging, grain and grass fed etc etc and how you would prepare each cut to get the best out of it before trying to argue.

Wilkometre

HSC
i work for hungry jacks as a team leader and trust me our angus beef is certified. the thing is its not officially certified which means it is angus meat but may not be 'the quality' of maccas angus.

they look like starfish anyway :S

CieL

HSC
I was so disappointed when I picked up one of these..
They look so big on TV but when I got it it was smaller than a maccas cheeseburger.. or maybe I got ripped?

wonsta

HSC
so whats better? mac or hj? prob will try them both on thursday and kfc as well and ogalo and kebab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)