• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anti-Semitism (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
My original post was to outline the falacies in the reasons for anti-semitism. Not to draw hatred on them! Yes I am.

HSC
JaredR said:
My original post was to outline the falacies in the reasons for anti-semitism. Not to draw hatred on them! Yes I am.
oh..
why didnt you say that from the begining?

do you get angry that most..alot of people dont like jews?does it affect you in any way?

Generator

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
oh..
why didnt you say that from the begining?
Because it doesn't matter - whether or not someone is Jewish is irrelevant, so please leave it alone and discuss the issue at hand.

gerhard

HSC
not really
most of the stereotypes about jews have been around for longer than that

HSC
^its too long...im not going to bother trying to read it :angry:

i think most people are influenced by there religions, also about what is occuring around the world, all the media ....

i dont not like jews since i dont really know any..but i dont like it when some go on about the holocaust and this is what my family went and all, also when they come out and say what they think about others [eg arabs] yet when you say something about the jews ...everyone gets all offensive...

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
i dont not like jews since i dont really know any..but i dont like it when some go on about the holocaust and this is what my family went and all, also when they come out and say what they think about others [eg arabs] yet when you say something about the jews ...everyone gets all offensive...
How fucking arrogant are you. The holocaust really DID happen and if you wanted to see the effects it had on my mother's best friend's mother who was at Auschwitz at 16, her mother and brothers were killed instantly and ended up shovelling bodies into furnaces that could have easily been her relatives, she was barcoded (which she still has). After it was liberated she chose to come to Australia since she was that affected by it she decided to go as far away from Germany as she could. She chose not to go to Israel as she was still very apprehensive of the situation there.

I'm sick of people complaining (who include mostly Anglos) saying that you must be rich if you are Jewish, yada yada yada. I am currently caring for Yetta Bernstein who lives in council flats in Waterloo where pretty much the rest of the people living there are Aboriginal or Eastern European, the conditions there are terrible.

Most of the Jews in Australia came here with only the shirts on their backs and worked hard to get where they were. Now it seems that whenever the Arab community complains about being cast away by society when many of them are well above the poverty line and experienced the same amount of animosity to other groups. My advice to those people is to bear with it and let time heal.

HSC
dude i know it REALLY happened and everyone on the face of this earth also know it happened...all i said was that you werent there, your parents may have been so they have a reason for not being able to forget it and refering back to it...however when someone mentions the jews or any wars that are or have occured then if there is a jew they start going on about how the holocaust killed many of their family...

and i dont see how I'M being arrogant

the leader

HSC
I just wanna know, how come a person who doesn't like jews is an 'anti-semite'? where does the word 'semite' come from (it doesn't even sound like 'jew')? And, how come there are 'anti-semites' but there isn't such a specific name for people who discriminate against other races or religions?

HSC
the leader said:
I just wanna know, how come a person who doesn't like jews is an 'anti-semite'? where does the word 'semite' come from (it doesn't even sound like 'jew')? And, how come there are 'anti-semites' but there isn't such a specific name for people who discriminate against other races or religions?
Anti-Semitism (alternatively spelled antisemitism) is hostility toward or prejudice against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group, which can range in expression from individual hatred to institutionalized, violent persecution. The highly explicit ideology of Adolf Hitler's Nazism was the most extreme example of this phenomenon, leading to a genocide of the European Jewry.
Anti-Semitism can be broadly defined into three different forms:
  • Religious based anti-Semitism, or anti-Judaism. As the name implies, it was the practice of Judaism itself which was the defining characteristic of the anti-Semitic attacks. Under this version of anti-Semitism, attacks would often stop if Jews stopped practicing, or changed their public faith.
  • Racial anti-Semitism. Either a pre-cursor, or a by-product of the Eugenics movement, racial anti-Semitism replaced the hatred of the Jews religion/culture, with the concept that the Jews themselves were a distinct (and lesser) race of the human species. Unlike the religious version, the problem was not the Jews social beliefs, but rather genetic.
  • New anti-Semitism. Starting in the latter part of the 20th century, a new style of anti-semitism began to appear. The basis of this anti-Semitism appears to be more political in nature, often overlapping, and being (intentionally) confused with anti-Zionism. This form of anti-Semitism pervades Left wing politics in both Europe & North America, and is characterized by borrowing language and concepts from anti-Zionism.[1] [2] [3] [4].
from...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-semetic

Steve Mate

HSC
Here is an interesting fact. Semites are not just Jews. A semite is "A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians" (dictionary.com)

I guess it is one of those words that have evolved.

turtleface

HSC
tempco said:
IMO, anti-Semitism isn't as big a problem as some make it out to be... and quite a few Jews and their supporters are perpetuating it to further their agendas. Two main issues keep popping up. Many Jews tend to think that any criticism of Israel is an attack on the Jewish community... followed by labels - anti-Semite, Jew-hater, etc - being thrown. I've also noticed that any Jew that doesn't agree with Israel's motives and actions is labelled a self-hating Jew instantly.

The fact that the term "self-hating Jew" actually exists (and is used quite extensively) is quite disturbing, really.
I agree.

$hiftyIceQueen said:
^its too long...im not going to bother trying to read it :angry:

i think most people are influenced by there religions, also about what is occuring around the world, all the media ....

ihavenothing said:
How fucking arrogant are you. The holocaust really DID happen and if you wanted to see the effects it had on my mother's best friend's mother who was at Auschwitz at 16, her mother and brothers were killed instantly and ended up shovelling bodies into furnaces that could have easily been her relatives, she was barcoded (which she still has). After it was liberated she chose to come to Australia since she was that affected by it she decided to go as far away from Germany as she could. She chose not to go to Israel as she was still very apprehensive of the situation there.

I'm sick of people complaining (who include mostly Anglos) saying that you must be rich if you are Jewish, yada yada yada. I am currently caring for Yetta Bernstein who lives in council flats in Waterloo where pretty much the rest of the people living there are Aboriginal or Eastern European, the conditions there are terrible.

Most of the Jews in Australia came here with only the shirts on their backs and worked hard to get where they were. Now it seems that whenever the Arab community complains about being cast away by society when many of them are well above the poverty line and experienced the same amount of animosity to other groups. My advice to those people is to bear with it and let time heal.
I've been to holocaust museums, seen videos, heard and met survivors, and am as aware of the extensiveness of suffering that occured during the holocaust, as I can be.

However I've noticed that whenever theres any criticism of Israel/Jews/Judaism (even if they're different things), whatever, someone always seems to pull out the "holocaust defence", as if the holocaust gives them excuse to do whatever they want now.

A classic example was the Israeli air force colonel who was shown on ABC news who said he didn't feel bad about bombing the shit out of lebanon because (i don't see how this is an excuse) his grandmother suffered during the holocaust because there was noone to defend her and others, and now there is, so Israel is justifed in defending itself. I personally don't see how that makes sense...:confused: :confused: :confused:

the_leader said:
steve_mate said:
Here is an interesting fact. Semites are not just Jews. A semite is "A member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Near East and northern Africa, including the Arabs, Arameans, Babylonians, Carthaginians, Ethiopians, Hebrews, and Phoenicians" (dictionary.com)

Yeah I've noticed too, it seems that theres not really a commonly used word to describe a subclass of racism for any other race/religion besides for jews.

gerhard

HSC
its because bagging out jews has a long and prestigious history. it deserves its own word

Jordan.J

HSC
N/A
Steve Mate said:

So literally speaking, Jews are anti-semitic themselves.

ZabZu

HSC
You guys generalise too much. You cannot judge the Jews of the world because of the words of a few arrogrant right-wing Jews.

I believe anti-Jewish sentiment is a big problem, not so much in Australia but around the world it is very serious. Anyone catch the show on SBS a few weeks ago about anti-Jewish feeling in the Muslim world?

I believe most anti-semistism (towards Jews) today is the result of the actions of Israel. Its occupation of the Palestinian territories, the settlements, military operations, Lebanon, etc.

You people who hate Jews have no idea what some Australian Jews have been through. These people came here from Europe after WW2 with nothing, they didnt know English, they then learnt a trade and most of them are now very successful. Most of these Jews vote for the ALP despite the fact that financially they would be better off under a Liberal govt (due to tax cuts, etc). They know what it was like to have nothing and they havent forgotten it.

lengy

HSC
To me, Jews seems to complain a heap about stuff. There are people from other countries who have been through war yet it seems the Jews have a monopoly on enforcing sympathy for what they've been through and if you don't sympathise you're automatically racist or something. Why can't we just be apathetic after you've gone on and on about the tragedies you've been through and seen? You're not the only people to have lost family through war yet you're the most likely to bitch and moan about it. Get over it.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Get over it. [The holocaust]
Yes, no doubt other families have been effected by wars throughout the centuries, but this is with specific regards to the modern era. If you can give name to another state-led systematic persecution, isolation, and genocide of another group of people or minority, in the modern era on such a scale I'd love to hear from you.

I have yet to hear of any other such instances where the mass murder of between five and seven million has occured, and remember this is particularly remarkable as at the time the world population was only around 2.7 billion, Europe accounting for 575 million.

Not all Jews bring constant mention to the Holocaust.

These people came here from Europe after WW2 with nothing
I would just like to add, however, that a significant proportion of Jewish Australians actually come from South Africa.

its because bagging out jews has a long and prestigious history. it deserves its own word
Seems that's the case, unfortunately.

A classic example was the Israeli air force colonel who was shown on ABC news who said he didn't feel bad about bombing the shit out of lebanon because (i don't see how this is an excuse) his grandmother suffered during the holocaust because there was noone to defend her and others, and now there is, so Israel is justifed in defending itself. I personally don't see how that makes sense...
Israel marked itself as a refuge from the persecution of the Jews, each Jew that attends a Jewish school is learnt to love Israel, and are offered tirps to Israel, the 'home country'. It marks as a soverign state which protects the rights and beliefs of Jews when no one else will/would. The colonel is asserting the fact that now, the Jewish people have a place where they can be protected, whereas once they were so vulnerable (The Holocaust).

I could go on and on, but I'm about to go out...

Gurlpower

HSC
there is a reason why jews are hated, and it is a valid one at that.

ask any european grandparent over 75 and they will tell you about the extortion and other criminal activity these people engaged in, what was more worrying is that they bandied together and wouldnt condemn this activity, as Jewish morality believes that gentiles are inferior, it is their Holy book that states them as the chosen people. This led to their expulsion from EVERY SINGLE EUROPEAN COUNTRY throughout time.

in creating israel they have lached off the USA through top jobs in parliament going to Jews, have you ever asked yourself why America looks at Israel twice? they garner special attention through American Jews.

Hollywood (60% jewish) has nurtured a culture of anyone opposing Jewish activity as being equal to murder. As Marlon Brando famously pointed out 'in hollywood you will never see Jews portayed in a bad light" signifies this. However, their pot shots at Christianity is frequent, often they will take shots at catholocism and the like (sIN cITY as a recent example) but once a Jew is even HINTED at wrongdoing (Passion of the Christ) out come the calls of racism. Passion of the Christ was shunned by the jewish organisations until Mel Gibson funded it from his own pocket.

the double standard is stunning.

In the middle east there racial purity laws have barred native palestinians from accessing their homes, amongst other things.

Ever heard the term 'russian mafia'? well there never trefferred to the Jewish Mafia, which might not seem strange until you realise THIS IS A JEWISH RUN GROUP. Their principle activities include selling european girls to Israel as sex slaves and......extortion.

Yet you will rarely hear a Jew (although it does happen) condemn their fellow brethren activities.

now THIS is Some reasons why Anti semitism is apparent. There is more if your interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)