Not open for further replies.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
_dhj_ said:
That's because the Daily Telegraph is firstly a tabloid (not to be entirely trusted), and secondly owned by Rupert Murdoch, who is Jewish through maternal ancestry. The article is obviously biased.
I knew that was the risk in posting it! lol.

Super Nanny

HSC
"Jewish students who previously would have walked around campus comfortably are having to wear baseball caps because they don't feel safe.
Here's an idea....... don't wear the skull cap!

:rolleyes:
"That should never be acceptable – not just for Jewish students, but for students of any faith."
When are people going to learn that humans, so long as they have noticeable differences, can never live in complete solidarity? There will always be religious violence, and to say "but for students of any faith", is stupid.

The nationalist party Australia First has had 22,000 hits on its website since the Cronulla riots – a tenfold increase.
Probably from slimey reporters looking for something to put in their papers.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Probably from slimey reporters looking for something to put in their papers.
Very true. Events like Cronulla Riots are actually few of the highlights of Australia's very boring history.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Here's an idea....... don't wear the skull cap!
External actions create internal awareness; the kippah is perhaps the most easiest way to recognise a Jew, and wearing it reminds Jews that G-d is above them and always watching.

Wearing the Kippah too should be a way of saying 'I am a proud Jew' but when aspects of insult, hate crimes and the prospect even of martydom come into it, what are the youth supposed to do?

It too is an important aspect of being a true role model to others, and it's not something that they should be forced not to wear under pressure. This is theoretically a democratic society, which practises freedom of religion.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Super Nanny said:
I really don't like you.

Nice attempt at picking and choosing what you consider to be genocide you pathetic communist. :rolleyes:

I really don't like you.
That would be true.. if dictionary.com was a world authority that created the genicode convention. Fortunately the UN is the world authority, and after world war 2, Britian, the USA and the USSR decided that genocide is:

Article II: In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/p_genoci.htm

Next time, research beyond dictionary.com.

Now i know your going to say what about the Ukrainians. There was no intent to detroy the Ukrainians. The policies were aimed at destroying the Kulaks, which are a class.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
JaredR said:
External actions create internal awareness; the kippah is perhaps the most easiest way to recognise a Jew, and wearing it reminds Jews that G-d is above them and always watching.

Wearing the Kippah too should be a way of saying 'I am a proud Jew' but when aspects of insult, hate crimes and the prospect even of martydom come into it, what are the youth supposed to do?

It too is an important aspect of being a true role model to others, and it's not something that they should be forced not to wear under pressure. This is theoretically a democratic society, which practises freedom of religion.
That is fair enough in an ideal world but in reality I think it works like this. Are you a proud enough Jew to risk discrimination by identifying yourself as Jewish? There has got to be some sort of trade off with any symbol identifying a person with a particular group - for example if you dress like a goth you risk being subconsciously marginalised (i.e. people will think less of you) and the risk of being subjected to violence, although unlawful, is merely the extreme manifestation of people's attitude in fact. If one is a "proud jew" they will still wear the Kippah etc. despite the consequences of that.

People are subjected to different level of risk of being victims of violence. Some are at greater risk through voluntary actions (such as identifying oneself as a Jew), while others face greater risk due to involuntary factors (such as living in a poor neighbourhood, or being born into a family with child abuse). It's realistic to afford different people the same level of protection by the law, but unrealistic to expect the level of risk to be equal for everyone.

Last edited:

Steve Mate

HSC
_dhj_ said:
That is fair enough in an ideal world but in reality I think it works like this. Are you a proud enough Jew to risk discrimination by identifying yourself as Jewish? There has got to be some sort of trade off with any symbol identifying a person with a particular group - for example if you dress like a goth you risk being subconsciously marginalised (i.e. people will think less of you) and the risk of being subjected to violence, although unlawful, is merely the extreme manifestation of people's attitude in fact. If one is a "proud jew" they will still wear the Kippah etc. despite the consequences of that.

The point is that they should not have to fear reprecussions because of showing their faith. Jews not face descrimination for wearing kippahs nor should Muslims for wearing scarves, nor goths for wearing black not anyone!

Australia has such a multicultural and diverse society i thought we were above irrational prejudices. It is disgracelful how much irrational racism is in this thread.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Steve Mate said:
Australia has such a multicultural and diverse society i thought we were above irrational prejudices. It is disgracelful how much irrational racism is in this thread.
Everyone is irrational to a degree in each decision and attitude that they adopt. I reckon deep down, every human being is racist to a degree. Some are better at hiding their attitude than others.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
love_muscle said:
there is a reason why jews are hated, and it is a valid one at that.

ask any european grandparent over 75 and they will tell you about the extortion and other criminal activity these people engaged in, what was more worrying is that they bandied together and wouldnt condemn this activity, as Jewish morality believes that gentiles are inferior, it is their Holy book that states them as the chosen people. This led to their expulsion from EVERY SINGLE EUROPEAN COUNTRY throughout time.
That's not a valid reason to hate the whole jewish race. How can a bunch of Jews early last century committing crime justify the hatred of all Jews?

Comrade nathan

HSC
Anti-semitism has changed from pre WW2, due to the nature of the Israeli state. In some cases, people who are anti-Zionist can go to far and end up hating Jewish people. They have a lack of anaylses of the US and Israeli relationship and view Israel as the dominate imperialist power controling the US. For instance in this cartoon, I find it anti-semitic.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/everton1/sharon-bush.jpg

It depicts Israel and Jews as having ambitions to conquer the world. If the US flag was up the top, and the Israel flag at the bottom i wouldn't consider it anti-semitic and being more realistic of the situation. And that causes another problem. When legitimate anti-zionist criticism is discarded as anti-semitism.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I don't find that Anti-Semitic. Even if it is true there has to be a further assumption that controlling the whole world is inherently evil. Anti-semitism manifests when one believes that typical Jewish characteristics and realities (e.g. good with money, control of financial institutions, togetherness, zionism) are bad.

Last edited:

Steve Mate

HSC
_dhj_ said:
I don't find that Anti-Semitic. Even if it is true there has to be a further assumption that controlling the whole world is inherently evil. Anti-semitism manifests when one believes that typical Jewish characteristics and realities (e.g. good with money, control of financial institutions, togetherness, zionism) are bad.
It is an attack on Israel. Not Jews.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Steve Mate said:
It is an attack on Israel. Not Jews.
Obviously it refers to the nation of Israel (i.e. Jews) rather than the state of Israel. The idea that a tiny country controls the world is simply absurd, though the idea that a group of people (identifying with the Israeli "nation") which exist all around the world is less so.

Comrade nathan

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Anti-semetism is based heavily on the idea that the Jews have an ambition to control the world. Modern anti-semites think they are doing this through Israel.

though the idea that a group of people (identifying with the Israeli "nation") which exist all around the world is less so.
This is actually more absurd, as there is no Jewish nation which exist all around the world. You can actually interupt that as anti-semitic, while on the other hand used to justify Zionism, which is quite ironic.

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
I don't think the existance of "Jewish nation" per se can be disputed. Of course Jews are not only a religious group but also an ethnic one with common values and identity. What's in dispute is whether that nation has a conspiracy to control the world. I'm inclined to believe that they do not (i.e. the "Elders of Zion" so to speak do not exist), but the "characteristics" and values of the Jewish nation have inadvertantly placed them in a position around the world which can be regarded as one of power and control in the capitalist sense.

Gurlpower

HSC
Comrade nathan said:
That would be true.. if dictionary.com was a world authority that created the genicode convention. Fortunately the UN is the world authority, and after world war 2, Britian, the USA and the USSR decided that genocide is:

http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/p_genoci.htm

Next time, research beyond dictionary.com.

Now i know your going to say what about the Ukrainians. There was no intent to detroy the Ukrainians. The policies were aimed at destroying the Kulaks, which are a class.
please explain how this makes it ANY better than if it were solely on race?

i believe it was worse, why? 7 million of us were killed, including my family.

Holocaust only had about 3 million. even that included gypsies, russians and dissidents.

the 6 million figure has been largely inflamed.

thats not to take away from the tragedy whatsoever. However, i believe jews are doing this by bringing it up every 5 minutes or so.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
the 6 million figure has been largely inflamed.
Historians place the actual figure somewhere between five (5) and seven (7) million. Not three (3) million.

Just would like to clarify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)